Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope the Brass works out. Where did you find spear plastic 120t gears? I contacted Roban today to see where they sell the spare gears as Motion don’t list them as spare parts.

worked my my mechanics tonight. Got the whole drive system really smooth now.
    I had to clean up the bearing chases for the tail gear set in the tail boom housing. I also had to shave down and re slot the boom. By about 2-3 mm. This let me loosen up the belt some. Now I’m really happy with the drive system.
    Mine is setup with a 3226 900 scorpion, 13T pinion and a CC talon 90.

This should give just over 1550 head speed with 35% head room . More than I like in head room but it should be fine.

so before I can go any farther with the mechs I need to order servos. So this will get shelved until next month.

meanwhile the cobra repair is coming along nicely, so I’ll be working on that for the next month anyways.

Gravy

Comment

• For the gears, I got a few from Ed Adriano. PKM hobby is also selling them, as well as making their own metal gear. Will probably order that if my 2nd aluminum gear doesn’t work out.

Comment

• Have you bought from PKM? They are very proud of their products, at least their prices make that statement.

I’ll have to look to see what they are selling them for.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
          Have you bought from PKM? They are very proud of their products, at least their prices make that statement.

I’ll have to look to see what they are selling them for.

Gravy
          I’ve bought from PKM pretty frequently. I have their Huey, H-34, and Kiowa, as well as their 4 blade tail rotor. It’s best to contact them through their Facebook page. They seem to be more responsive there than through email.

Comment

• Yeah I was going to buy the 4 blades tail from them as well for my cobra. They quoted me $120 + $40 to ship to US. I bought one on ebay for $40 shipped. And it’s work great for the cobra.

Gravy

Comment

Yeah I was going to buy the 4 blades tail from them as well for my cobra. They quoted me $120 + $40 to ship to US. I bought one on ebay for $40 shipped. And it’s work great for the cobra.

Gravy
              Interesting, didn’t know about that tail rotor. The PKM is solid, but very large. Just put in my order for the one on eBay.

Comment

• Yeah it worked fine in my Cobra. I also bout one that’s going on my Apache. I also got the Align 500 4 blade head for $80. That is very solid and well made.

Gravy

Comment

• Hi,

my name is Jens and I`m from Germany. I would like to show you my AH-64 model in the 500 class, I builded it for a couple of years but it never flew in finished condition.

Jens

Comment

• Looks fantastic, why haven’t you flown it yet?

Gravy

Comment

• I`m a bad pilot and the heli is very heavy, between 4,5and 5 Kilogram, it flys like a school bus. I put so many hours, heart and love in it, so I don`t want to destroy it.
                      I know it is dizzy, but I have more fun by building helis.

Jens

Comment

• I get it. I have the 700, It's not as detailed by any means as your 500, but I shake ever time I fly her. that a total of 4 times. LOL. I'm building the 500 Apache right now and she will be my steady flyer with my 500 Cobra. But neither of them I have put crazy time into the build. I do agree, I love the build more times than the flying.

Gravy

Comment

• Got some replacement gear sets. Scaleflying had 2 set available. Haven’t flown the mechanics yet, but like to have spears gears.
                          also just bought a scorpion 3026 1210kv motor so I think I’ll be good I should be able to get my desired head speed. On 4s with 13T pinion I can get in between 1300-1600. So I’m happy with the range. If I need to go high I have 14,15 and 16 teeth pinion’ s.

Gravy

Comment

Got some replacement gear sets. Scaleflying had 2 set available. Haven’t flown the mechanics yet, but like to have spears gears.
                            also just bought a scorpion 3026 1210kv motor so I think I’ll be good I should be able to get my desired head speed. On 4s with 13T pinion I can get in between 1300-1600. So I’m happy with the range. If I need to go high I have 14,15 and 16 teeth pinion’ s.

Gravy
                            Looking forward to seeing how it works out. Should be plenty of choices with that range of pinions. Definitely good to have the extra gears as well!

Comment

I get it. I have the 700, It's not as detailed by any means as your 500, but I shake ever time I fly her. that a total of 4 times. LOL. I'm building the 500 Apache right now and she will be my steady flyer with my 500 Cobra. But neither of them I have put crazy time into the build. I do agree, I love the build more times than the flying.

Gravy
                              You won't get the shakes anymore flying your 700 Apache now that's it's in my shop......

Comment

• Nope best part is I never have to worry about breaking something off while loading it or transporting it either. 🤪

Gravy

Comment

• So flew my 500 mechanics this last weekend.
                                  has the 900kv motor with a 16T pinion. She flew and sounded great. Only thing that bugged me was that I was running at 90% throttle (roughly 1800 rpm head speed).
                                  so I had a 3026 1210kv scorpion. but wasn’t to sure about running the smaller can older scorpion motor so I bought a 3226 1400kv. It showed up yesterday. To get 1800 at around 70% throttle I used a 14T pinion.
                                  put two batteries through it today after work. I Wasn’t happy. It was loud. Also the motor and ESC were warm. Not hot but warm.
                                  so I switch it out with the 3026 1210kv using the 16T pinion. That’s The the ticket. Really quiet and smooth. I only did a quick hover. Tomorrow after work I’ll put two batteries through her. If she good, I’ll start the dry fit mounting so I can get all the mounting holes and headwear figured out.
                                  after that I can finish adding all my printed parts and paint her up.
                                  so yeah it’s about a month out now.

Gravy
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good!

Comment

• Some printed turbine blades.

gravy
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• First dry fit. Once I get the holes lined up and drilled for the attachment I’ll pull it out and start working on the body. I’m not getting as crazy as you FDD so it shouldn’t be longer than a week or two.

Gravy
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Watching with great interest, Gravy. I have a 500XT I’ve been flying pod and boom and would like to scale it out. I already have a 4 blade head and blades but would need to convert the torque tube to belt for the AH-64. Doesn’t look like a big deal, except for maybe sourcing the 4 blade tail.

Comment

Working...
                                          X