Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Did your kit come with a longer front belt drive shaft and gear/pulley to fit the lowered frame? I’m sourcing all the parts I will need to convert my 500 torque to belt but see the newer X uses a large main gear belt pulley instead of the older style separate shaft style.

Comment

• Yes the kit comes longer belt, the riser transition, riser short pipe and the front gear and pulley. So all you need is the tail pulls set. I recommend this one.

Gravy

Comment

• Thanks. Got everything ordered, I think. Snatched the last AH-64 500 kit from MRC so was lucky with that, at least.

Comment

• Here are the 3d print stuff I created so far if you want to use any of them. I use wire to finish off the Tail antenna and the turbine pod pitot tubes. ALso Pito1 and Ant2 need to be scaled down 50%. I did scale Down Ant1 but I cant remember by how much. Ant1 was originally created for my cobra but needs to be a little smaller for the Apache. Maybe you find them useful.

Gravy
          Attached Files

Comment

• Had to add wire-cutters separately due to attachment limitations.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Appreciate it, Gravy, but I have yet to venture into 3D printing. It’s a miracle my posts show up when I press the button. Quite exciting, in fact. I have spending money down pat so would most gladly $ to have parts printed!

Comment

• I'll Post pics of my parts allied before and after painting for you to see what they look like, Then we'll talk. Resin 3d printing is supper easy a cave man could do it. lol
                I got the elegoo mars pro. creating the objects is the harder part, printing is truly a set it and forget it thing.

Gravy

Comment

• How old a cave man?

Comment

• Your Apache is looking great Gravy! Mine is on the bench for troubleshooting again. Tail servo is having issues now.

Pawpaw, I’m not sure if the 500XT will fit in this guy.. The kit includes special side frames the drop the tail down and I don’t know if the XT parts will fit. The 500X is substantially larger than the original Trex 500s to run 470mm blades vs the original 425mm blades. Personally, I’d search for an older 500ESP or 500E to retrofit and save the 500X for another project.

Comment

• Kinda figured it would be a piece by piece build but that’s ok.

Comment

• Hey FDD, what method did you use to mount the mechanics into the body?
                        I plan on using a spare 500 bottom plate laid on the outs side to mark my holes. But after that I haven’t figured out yet if I need to add some wood popsicles sticks on the inside or just the screws and washers like it shows from the outside to the frame. That just don’t legit. Care to share what you did?

thanks
                        Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                          Hey FDD, what method did you use to mount the mechanics into the body?
                          I plan on using a spare 500 bottom plate laid on the outs side to mark my holes. But after that I haven’t figured out yet if I need to add some wood popsicles sticks on the inside or just the screws and washers like it shows from the outside to the frame. That just don’t legit. Care to share what you did?

thanks
                          Gravy
                          I expoxied some 1/4” ply blocks with blind nuts to the inside of the fuselage to mount it in the front, made some 90 degree brackets, and bolted them in. The back fit like a glove for me, and I never saw a need for any aft mounts for the mechanics.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                            Kinda figured it would be a piece by piece build but that’s ok.
                            Saw this listed on RCG. Looks like one hell of a deal on a full airframe with the belt drive already installed: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0GT-Helicopter

Comment

• Got lucky and snatched a complete 500ESP with spares off Ebay. It’s the torque version but have ordered all the belt parts for conversion. Thanks for looking, F106!

Comment

• Started abusing epoxy tonight. She getting close. I finally decided how to mount it. I did the manual way with screws from the bottom. I added some popsicles sticks to for extra support. After tonight’s epoxy is dry tomorrow I will fit mechanics in again. Then it’s all about wet sand then add the rest of all my 3D printed parts. Finish up with paint.
                                so I’m about two to three weeks out.
                                last thing I need is a set of decals. If motion gets a set of the cobra decals I’ll use them. If not she won’t fly until the body is decayed and sealed. So I hope they get their Roban order soon

Gravy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Started abusing epoxy tonight. She getting close. I finally decided how to mount it. I did the manual way with screws from the bottom. I added some popsicles sticks to for extra support. After tonight’s epoxy is dry tomorrow I will fit mechanics in again. Then it’s all about wet sand then add the rest of all my 3D printed parts. Finish up with paint.
                                  so I’m about two to three weeks out.
                                  last thing I need is a set of decals. If motion gets a set of the cobra decals I’ll use them. If not she won’t fly until the body is decayed and sealed. So I hope they get their Roban order soon

Gravy
                                  Looking good, and coming together nicely. Marine decals on an Apache though? I know a few Army folks who’d call that treason 😆. If you want, I’d be happy to print out a set of my decals on Testors Decal Paper and send them to you. Could customize tail number and insignias as well.

Comment

• Yes I know they would be wishing it to crash, but decals are hard to find in scale if you’re not setup to make yourself. Especially water slide. I’m still waiting on my cobra decals from BadIAm.
                                    FDD I would gladly pay for a set of water slide decals for the 500 Apache. Let me know how much you want.

thanks
                                    Gravy

Comment

Yes I know they would be wishing it to crash, but decals are hard to find in scale if you’re not setup to make yourself. Especially water slide. I’m still waiting on my cobra decals from BadIAm.
                                      FDD I would gladly pay for a set of water slide decals for the 500 Apache. Let me know how much you want.

thanks
                                      Gravy
                                      Gravy,

How does $15 sound? I can print them out over the weekend. PM me your contact info and I’ll send you what I’ve got. Then you can let me know if you’d like any other markings.

Comment

• Sweet will do. Just looking for normal decals. It seams the Apache hasn’t got really al lot of colorful insignias, that I have found any way. If you got any squad insignias you can add in, I’m totally open.
                                        PM incoming.

Got my bit glued on tonight, so tomorrow after it’s all dried I’ll clean it up and add some filler to finish them off. I’m hoping to get her primed Friday at work. That way I can start painting end next week.

pics are one side done, other not.
                                        I also took some liberty on the boom parts, it’s kind of a model bash. Seeing as the there are just differences in the stock Roban fuse between the different AH-64 models anyway.

Gravy
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X