X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
    Dammit... got a whole operation going on!! Looks good!! Where's the MRAP from?
    Thanks, it’s the HG MRAP from Legend Hobby. Pricey, but worth it. I’ve never seen a ground vehicle with so many features and details.

Comment

• 500 size AH-64
      I was test flying the mechanics of an old rc aerodyne kit and lost power after a ground hover climb out (~15ft) to test tail gyro holding. 1600 rpm governed headspeed thru esc. This is belted model.

Headspeed dropped and the heli had a hard landing. Had control on the way down so it hit level on the skid. This is my auto gear. Teeth are all fine as is the main gear teeth. Seems like the plastic just gave way from age brittleness.
      Does anyone know of a source for these special gear sets?
      I’ve got inquiries into scaleflying US and Germany.
      Anywhere else to try?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tron View Post
        500 size AH-64
        I was test flying the mechanics of an old rc aerodyne kit and lost power after a ground hover climb out (~15ft) to test tail gyro holding. 1600 rpm governed headspeed thru esc. This is belted model.

Headspeed dropped and the heli had a hard landing. Had control on the way down so it hit level on the skid. This is my auto gear. Teeth are all fine as is the main gear teeth. Seems like the plastic just gave way from age brittleness.
        Does anyone know of a source for these special gear sets?
        I’ve got inquiries into scaleflying US and Germany.
        Anywhere else to try?
        Well shoot, that’s quite the failure. I’ve gotten all of my spare gears through Ed Adriano (Motion RC Heli tech). They take a while to come in, but if you send Motion an email they should be able to special order some. Alternatively, I’ve got a number of spares, and I could sell one to you if Motion can’t get it,

Comment

• F106DeltaDart,
          Thanks for the reference to Motion RC and your kind offer to sell your spare.
          It seems Motion RC was able to do something... It was strange but my inquiry into Motion RC resulted in a reply saying that Motion RC didn't carry the gear but they were able to set aside a gear for me at scaleflying.com. I had previously called scaleflying and spoke with someone who was "going to check" for the gear but never heard back. Now I get a $23.99 paypal invoice from scaleflying and it seems facilitated by Motion RC. Are they connected?

Comment

F106DeltaDart,
            Thanks for the reference to Motion RC and your kind offer to sell your spare.
            It seems Motion RC was able to do something... It was strange but my inquiry into Motion RC resulted in a reply saying that Motion RC didn't carry the gear but they were able to set aside a gear for me at scaleflying.com. I had previously called scaleflying and spoke with someone who was "going to check" for the gear but never heard back. Now I get a $23.99 paypal invoice from scaleflying and it seems facilitated by Motion RC. Are they connected?
            The short answer is an in between. One of their heli service reps is a former scaleflying employee and lives in the area of their warehouse. Although they don’t carry Roban anymore, they still have a lot of old inventory around. Sometimes, he has been able to check their warehouse and hunt down weird parts that Motion doesn’t stock. So yes, the invoice is legit.

Comment

• So I got this guy a set of the AH64 Main gear and had RCA set aside one for him. He needs to send that PayPal payment through if he wants that mailed to him. And no Motion RC is not connected. You sent both these companies an email.

Comment

• Originally posted by eawings View Post
                So I got this guy a set of the AH64 Main gear and had RCA set aside one for him. He needs to send that PayPal payment through if he wants that mailed to him. And no Motion RC is not connected. You sent both these companies an email.
                Mr Ed, do you have any info on when the next load of scale helis or parts from Roban will be coming or is there nothing being restocked?? I sold three of my Roban helis but wanted to replace them with new projects, I just don't see anything thats in stock now that I want, I would like to know if there are more coming soon before I spend my money elsewhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Mr Ed, do you have any info on when the next load of scale helis or parts from Roban will be coming or is there nothing being restocked?? I sold three of my Roban helis but wanted to replace them with new projects, I just don't see anything thats in stock now that I want, I would like to know if there are more coming soon before I spend my money elsewhere...
                  you need a huey, Just saying.

Gravy

Comment

• Kinda like to see DC knotted up with a Lee County EC-145.

Comment

• I was going to get the Huey but they sold out before I could make up my mind, I then was looking at the Lee County actually, then decided I just love flying the Hughes 500D or E models and the only one they have left is the Sheriff version, it is the E model so I would have a D and E model, but I still can't decide on that or if I even want to build any more, was hoping Ed would answer my question first........

Comment

• eawings,
                        I'm that guy you helped for the AH-64 gear set. I mean no offense and was just puzzled that an invoice comes in from scaleflying but my ticket response from motionrc support. At any rate, I see it's legit and have paid accordingly. Thanks for your help.

Going thru the model further after my hard landing, I've also discovered a crack in one of the boom blocks of the 45 degree elevated tail assembly. The plastic blocks where the main tail boom and shorter boom plug into. It cracked/broke around one of the bolts that secure the block to the fiberglass plate. Outside of trying to find/order a new/complete elevated tail assembly, has anyone had any luck making repairs to the block? Would 3d printing a block work? Maybe cutting down a tail case to use as a new block?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

Comment

eawings,
                          I'm that guy you helped for the AH-64 gear set. I mean no offense and was just puzzled that an invoice comes in from scaleflying but my ticket response from motionrc support. At any rate, I see it's legit and have paid accordingly. Thanks for your help.

Going thru the model further after my hard landing, I've also discovered a crack in one of the boom blocks of the 45 degree elevated tail assembly. The plastic blocks where the main tail boom and shorter boom plug into. It cracked/broke around one of the bolts that secure the block to the fiberglass plate. Outside of trying to find/order a new/complete elevated tail assembly, has anyone had any luck making repairs to the block? Would 3d printing a block work? Maybe cutting down a tail case to use as a new block?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!
                          I actually have a spare raised tail belt assembly if needed. I went with a torque tube conversion on mine, so I still have the stock one lying around.

Comment

• F106DeltaDart,
                            You've come to the rescue again! I'll send you a pm to make arrangements!

Comment

• Roban personnel returned back to work after their month CNY (Chinese New Year) celebration. We were expecting a container load of spare parts that we have placed an order 5-7 months back and still have not been delivered hopefully with helicopter Kits included. I still have to coordinate with our new PO rep what kits are being ordered and ETA. I'll keep you posted once I hear from her this week. So far, Roban will continue their production run for Motion RC. I am well aware about Roban's counterpart in Germany. One of the German dealers sent us an email wanting to offer us their remaining floor stocks but negotiations with our Product manager are ongoing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I am not well aware of any new products Roban came out with recently. The last ones I have placed an order for were the EC-130 in 4 color scheme. As to what I last heard, they were coming out with Turbine models. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by eawings View Post

I am not well aware of any new products Roban came out with recently. The last ones I have placed an order for were the EC-130 in 4 color scheme. As to what I last heard, they were coming out with Turbine models. I'll let you know.
                                  Woohoo, turbine models coming....

Okay then I will wait to see what comes in over the next few months, I actually was going to quit flying for a bit and take up a new hobby, I love and enjoy being around the old Ford Model T vehicles and have thought about doing that, attended a car show yesterday and low and behold and the only one there, first thing I seen was a 1926 Ford Model T Coupe and it was for sale and the car is located only 10 minutes from my house, was that a sign or what.....
                                  s
                                  Thanks Ed for the info and just maybe I will be spending my funds elswhere......

Comment

• Miss my old Model A's .. the T's just weren't fancy enough back in the days I was messing with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signwiz View Post
                                      Miss my old Model A's .. the T's just weren't fancy enough back in the days I was messing with them.
                                      Yeah, the one I was looking at is nothing fancy, I didn't buy it after all, so maybe I will get another heli after all, just maybe...

Comment

• Hey Pilots,
                                        A lot of info on this thread, thank you. I was lucky to get my hands on a Roban Apache 500 a few says ago (can't wait to get started). I had purchased a different model a few months ago but didn't come with any of the needed stuff (raised tail, gears and frames) The guy I bought the Roban from had the raised tail (belts and gears). I'm now in need of the shaft that comes with the fuselage in order to build the one I had purchased a few months ago. Anyone have an extra one or can point me to the right place to purchase it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                                          Here are some pictures of my Apache still in the works. With the help from Delta and Gravy I have been able to get to this point. I have read over and over this thread to make sure i get it to work. I still have to figure out how to paint it with an airbrush. This is my very first project so I've had to purchase many things I need to accomplish this. I have already test flown the mechanics. I'm TT and it seemed tail heavy even with a 3300Mah battery all the way in the front. I will update again soon once painted. Im taking it easy so it will be a few days. Thank you guys!

I know I went crazy with all the extra stuff I added. I still got more to add. lol
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X