X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Yes, like fhhuber said, I just used CA and a little accelerator to glue it together. I got an Ender 3 Pro and the prints came out very nice with minimal clean up. It is a very good looking model and I was super stoked when I found the files. It was one if those get to know my new printer projects.
    None of the CAs I've tried in China work with my Chinese PLA, go figure.

I'm glad you're liking the Ender 3 Pro. I've been very happy with my two Ender 3s for the price point.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thin, like water as it comes out of the bottle, doesn't seem to work.

What is working for me is the stuff that holds shape like miniature toothpaste as it comes out of the tube.
      Amazing deals on this 10 Pack Super Glue Gel at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

With this brand PLA

Cheap stuff.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

None of the CAs I've tried in China work with my Chinese PLA, go figure.

I'm glad you're liking the Ender 3 Pro. I've been very happy with my two Ender 3s for the price point.
        Interesting... Even 3DLabPrint says to use CA to glue the F-86 together. I used Hatchbox PLA and Zap-a-Gap on the Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
          Wings done, and now just gap filling with ABS glue before I lay on some 3/4oz glass onto the wings. Also, a shot with the rest of my fleet to help give a sense of scale. The FW A-10 was my biggest plane until now.
          Gawdfreedanials that is amazing, DD. 'Nuff said, sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Sometimes they don't loose them they get taken in customs. I lost a shipment my batteries once. Got the plane but no batteries. I told HK, and they just sent a package with just the batteries. Kinda sucks.

Woody
            It was lost in Texas, from Oregon :(

Comment

• Starting on the F86.:Cool:
              Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome!!!!!! Have fun Bro!!! :)

Comment

• Will do, im really enjoying this 3d printing stuff. LOL

Comment

• :Scared:This is gonna be one big jet!

Comment

• Love it! :Cool::Cool::Cool::)

Comment

• Ive also got an IL2 waiting after this one is complete

Comment

• Think im just gonna run a 6s power system in my F86. Run a freewing 12 blade from motion with the 130A esc combo buy:Cool:

Comment

• Im happy but kinds sad at the same time seeing that i can get pretty much everything but the reciever from motion. Now that they quit selling frsky S8Rs. All the other components will come from motion.

Comment

• I have put my Prusa I3 MK3S printer together and after only having 1 problem, it's up and running. I am waiting for a SD card writer for my PC so I can produce some real airplane parts (and weapons for my A-10 and F-4). I really love that I can get all of the PLA or PETG from Amazon rather quickly too. My 8 yr old son is more impressed by the Dragon and the batarang's that come with the printer. I got him hooked on a OpenRC F1 car, so that's up on the build queue already (well 2 of them). I can't let him have all of the fun :-)
                              So far I can print all I want in PLA as it passes the test with my wife. The printer is so quiet, I wonder if I will be able to hear it when it's in the enclosure soon. :-)
                              First up is PETG for printing the Ikea Lack enclosure parts when my SD writer arrives tomorrow.
                              Just to be different, I purchased the prints for the Mig-15 so I will post some pics as soon as that SD Writer shows up.

Comment

• SD64, Welcome to the 3DPUP and I, too, have an i3Mk3 and simply love it. :Cool: The Ikea enclosure is a great upgrade, I had a little problem with the parts cracking with the mismatch sizing of the Lack Table parts with the 3DP parts. Easily solved with the assistance of clear Gorilla Glue and a bit of patience. Not wanting to be presumptuous, if I can be of any help, just let me know. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                  SD64, Welcome to the 3DPUP and I, too, have an i3Mk3 and simply love it. :Cool: The Ikea enclosure is a great upgrade, I had a little problem with the parts cracking with the mismatch sizing of the Lack Table parts with the 3DP parts. Easily solved with the assistance of clear Gorilla Glue and a bit of patience. Not wanting to be presumptuous, if I can be of any help, just let me know. Best, LB
                                  Here is my Lack enclosure. I embedded IKea LED puck lights in the top. There is also a smoke detector just in case.

Also the space between the legs is exactly 19inches so standard A/V and computer rack mounted gear can be attached. I added a shelf holding an old Surface 1 computer and a pull out keyboard below to drive updates etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181227_083858.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	191288

Comment

• That is soooo cool. I like the add-on for the laptop. Well done, GT. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	191296Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004 (2).JPG
Views:	464
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	191297
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Video of the Edge flying

Comment

• Good Job rifleman!

Woodcock

Comment

• Thanks brother! Im very happy with this plane. Very few headaches involved here:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X