X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RcJetDude,

My 64mm Freewing Panther uses nylon hinges stock. $90 plane.

Here is what they say on Motion RC site:
    Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to a foam hinge)

I've had the Panther for many years now.

Comment

• The 70mm Hawk did not.

Comment

• What? no screwdriver....then I'm not getting one!:Silly: oops never mind, I already did!

Comment

• Good news is your Hawk has lasted, right?

Comment

• From the many screwdrivers included in previous kits (Su-35, 64mm F/A-18E, T-45), it was no biggie for me. That the screwdrivers were also magnetized (from the handle) sure came in handy. :)

Comment

• I put the 80mm Mirage 9 blade and 100A ESC in mine :Silly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_234029922_iOS.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	198049

Name:	20190603_185314151_iOS.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	198047

Name:	20190603_185252524_iOS.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	198048

Name:	20190603_185232818_iOS.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	198050

Name:	20190603_192237311_iOS.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	198051
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                Good news is your Hawk has lasted, right?
                Yes the hinges have held up. Even through a vertical fin separating in flight because I failed to install the screws that secured it after having to remove it for transport. :Loser: Even with that though I have found foam hinges are fairly easy to fix with a little Foam Tac and some Blenderm. If they get really bad then nylon hinges are the answer but so far I haven't had to resort to any.

Comment

• So what C of G did you fly yours on .The manual puts it at the leading edge of the wing but on this forum they are saying 60mm aft of the leading edge .I am confused on where to put my C of G .Need to sort this out before I fly mine HELP

Comment

• Cool, have you flown it yet?

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    I put the 80mm Mirage 9 blade and 100A ESC in mine :Silly:

Name:	20190602_234029922_iOS.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	198049

Name:	20190603_185314151_iOS.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	198047

Name:	20190603_185252524_iOS.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	198048

Name:	20190603_185232818_iOS.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	198050

Name:	20190603_192237311_iOS.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	198051

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                      So what C of G did you fly yours on .The manual puts it at the leading edge of the wing but on this forum they are saying 60mm aft of the leading edge .I am confused on where to put my C of G .Need to sort this out before I fly mine HELP
                      Hi CaptainMoron, see James' post on the previous page for better clarification and photos:

Click image for larger version Name: Views: 0 Size: 144.5 KB ID: 194114 attachment Shipment on the water.... Pre-Order now! https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...mm-edf-jet-pnp (https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-f-35-lightning-ii-v3-70mm-edf-jet-pnp) Motion RC and Freewing are excited to announce our all

I balance my finger where his are in his picture according to those markings, and that's where I've been flying the majority of our test flights.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here's the foam hinge fix. Its called welder contact adhesive. Rich Baker did a video on YouTube as the rc informer, and shows how it's done. Just did it on my 70mm f16, and it's bullet proof. The video is a must see. Even on a new plane, if you coat the hinge line with a brush it will likely never come apart.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks Alpha, that is different to the manual but looks about right so I will try your C of G .I am sure you are right

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Cool, have you flown it yet?

Yes, I have 4 flights on it...pretty fast ;)
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Will FoamTac work the same way for hinge bolstering?

Comment

• This currently where I have the 5000 set to. And using the points James has set out for cg?

look about right?

Comment

• That is where I have my Admiral 4000 Pro. I would think the 5000 is a heavier battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                      Will FoamTac work the same way for hinge bolstering?
                                      Yes. The stuff is great for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                        Here's the foam hinge fix. Its called welder contact adhesive. Rich Baker did a video on YouTube as the rc informer, and shows how it's done. Just did it on my 70mm f16, and it's bullet proof. The video is a must see. Even on a new plane, if you coat the hinge line with a brush it will likely never come apart.
                                        I've used this to great effect, made a hinge for my freewing f-16 elevator and has worked great for over a year now, very strong and very flexible. There are a bunch of different kinds. plumbing household, etc. but they are all exactly the same.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Scooter- +1 on Welders glue in the red tube. Light bead.
                                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X