You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
    Big Bronco, or F100
    That could apply to model planes or model trucks! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

That could apply to model planes or model trucks! LOL
      YES! Totally

Comment

• This one in 90mm......so cool.
        or F14 V2 with same elevator upgrade like f18 and a complete landing hide to the fuselage and airbrake function.
        Attached Files

Comment

• How about an F-16XL delta winged fighter.
          Attached Files

Comment

• You'd get more actual action with a "What FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see upgraded or with a new paint job next!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
              You'd get more actual action with a "What FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see upgraded or with a new paint job next!"
              I was thinking the same thing, perhaps use the existing 70mm or preferably the 90mm F-16, dump the stabs, and design some new wings for her and you'd have it!

Comment

• opps only saw the title and not that it was in the jet section :( anyways rather the he 219 Uhu how about a nice Horton 229 or He 162

Comment

• Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post
                  he 219 Uhu
                  ? Not sure how to decipher that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

? Not sure how to decipher that.
                    I think he meant "HE-219 uh hu"

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I think he meant "HE-219 uh hu"
                      Interesting bird.

Comment

• I'd be in for one as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	Uhu a.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	214678Click image for larger version

Name:	UHU Toledo.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	214679

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Interesting bird.
                          Yeah... they could probably sell about 7 of those!

Comment

• I'd like to see the B-1B done. Around 2000mm max wingspan, it would have to be huge in my opinion. Not an easy jet to do but I'd pay through the nose and back again for one from FW done right.
                            . Click image for larger version  Name:	B-1A_underside_1982.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.8 KB ID:	214692
                            . Click image for larger version  Name:	B-1B_air_refueling.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	214691
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	A_B-1_Lancer_performs_a_fly-by_during_a_firepower_demonstration.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	214690
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	B-1_Lancer_Night.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	214693
                            Also wouldn't mind the SR-71, British Electric Lightning, or the Horten HO-229.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus View Post
                              I'd like to see the B-1B done. Around 2000mm max wingspan, it would have to be huge in my opinion. Not an easy jet to do but I'd pay through the nose and back again for one from FW done right.
                              . Click image for larger version Name:	B-1A_underside_1982.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.8 KB ID:	214692
                              . Click image for larger version Name:	B-1B_air_refueling.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	214691
                              Click image for larger version Name:	A_B-1_Lancer_performs_a_fly-by_during_a_firepower_demonstration.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	214690
                              Click image for larger version Name:	B-1_Lancer_Night.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	214693
                              Also wouldn't mind the SR-71, British Electric Lightning, or the Horten HO-229.
                              Actually, compared to other bombers it would be easyer to do, because you could "cheat" with just two EDFs, and there have been several working versions of the F-14 and Tornado. You could cheat on the Lightning too (and get some UK sales), the Horten would need a gyro, but no SR-71 because there are problems with black EPO foam. But you could have the A-12, which was originally silver with black trim.

Comment

• I just don’t like the looks of the Bone...

Comment

• Valk, very true. Never thought about the black color of the SR-71, never had a black plane before. I'd do mine in a Thunder Bird scheme or something celebratory I think, or like you mentioned the A-12 would be as fitting.

As far as the Bone, I agree that it wouldn't be insurmountable but fair bet it would still be a pretty penny at 2000mm wingspan. The fuselage would be over 1800mm, and that's only about 1:22 scale. Compared to something like a B-52 I agree it would be an easier nut to crack in the engineering department, any modern super bomber with huge wings would probably be more difficult. I think FW has a really good start with the F-14 for sure, and a smaller sized Bone would still be a lot of fun, but personally I like big bombers. Making an ~8S 2x80 or 2x90 bomber with variable wing geometry and canards is not going to be cheap, so in my mind it's a bit of a unicorn that I'd like to see on the market from a brand like FW. Maybe they could use some parts from the F-14 to keep costs down, but combining the packaging issues discussed a couple of pages back with the overall complexity and desired size means I'm not genuinely holding my breath on it ever fitting in FW's line of models price-wise. I'd still buy it, I just mean I don't expect it. Maybe an F-111 would scratch the same itch for me, but I really find the Bone's goofiness more attractive aesthetically.

The Lightning would need to have a proper stacked twin engine, as it's a significant trademark of the platform in my eyes, the only real bear with them I expect would be to watch roll rates.

The Horten would need a gyro for sure, would be almost criminal to sell one without it I expect. Having them blessed per your preferred religious subscription probably wouldn't be too bad an idea, either. Still would be a neat relic to have in the fleet, something with a totally different flying experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    I just don’t like the looks of the Bone...
                                    How dare you.

I always loved the looks of the Bone and have been crossing fingers Freewing will release a twin 70 or 80mm for several years now....
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

How dare you.

I always loved the looks of the Bone and have been crossing fingers Freewing will release a twin 70 or 80mm for several years now....
                                      How about a combo release? The Bone with chase aircraft!

Comment

• Both of those would make me happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

How about a combo release? The Bone with chase aircraft!
                                          If we're going to have a bomber and fighter combo release it should be these two as North American intended:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X