Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Missing Gulfstream Landing Video: Full video not yet on YouTube or the BH Website, but's it's nice.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh is that the x fly gulfstream?. And i think bh is bitgo

Comment

• A few Photos of the "Magnificent Beastie" I got Marvin to take when we weren't flying the Gulfstream. I'll get the video done maybe tomorrow. Would love to get equipment like Marvin has but blew my photography budget years ago on 8 different Nikon/Nikonos underwater cameras, 20 different lens's, housings, 8 UW strobes and print enlarging equipment, all unfortunately for FILM and never went to digital. Almost impossible to even get film these days. Had some of my stuff published in Skin Diver and even have about 60 wildlife photos somewhere in the Library of Congress. But that's another life. And Alpha keeps coming up with aircraft I have to get and would much rather "fly than fotograph".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -1.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	335173Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -1A.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	335174Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -2.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	335175Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -3.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	335176Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -4.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	335177Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -5.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	335178Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast -6.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	335179Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast 7.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	335180Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast 8.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	335181Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast 9.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	335182Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast 10.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	335183
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
          Hugh is that the x fly gulfstream?. And i think bh is bitgo
          The logo on the video is Banana. Marvin is the Banana rep. Bitgo has had no representation on the X-Fly Bizjet so far on the usual forums.

Comment

• Read hughs first post first ,,, then saw banana logo ... thanxviper... hope ya havin fun with the private jet

Comment

Read hughs first post first ,,, then saw banana logo ... thanxviper... hope ya havin fun with the private jet
              I'm so far out of who's who these days, never even heard of bitgo, all I can say is that's the aircraft Banana Hobby is selling. Try to stay out of RC politics, just plug a battery it and go flying. More concerned with getting back on the ground in one piece.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Read hughs first post first ,,, then saw banana logo ... thanxviper... hope ya havin fun with the private jet
                Thanks. "Fun" for now, is just sorting out all the pieces sitting on the table. We've had temps with the same numbers as you lately, but we're in the negative.

Comment

• Finally Got the Beast video done. This is just an awesome flying aircraft. Haven't flown it in a long time, but gotta get it out more. Been spending a lot of time with the EDF's, but an occasional Beast sighting is well worth it!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Nice vid as always hugh... viper its been 30 c here u talkin farenheight.. ? Still too cold ... we get zero in winter ,,, colder than that i would die..

Comment

Nice vid as always hugh... viper its been 30 c here u talkin farenheight.. ? Still too cold ... we get zero in winter ,,, colder than that i would die..
                      We do Celcius here and when I looked at your weather yesterday, it was 18C at 3am. We were -18C here a few days ago at 3am. A couple weeks ago, we were -32C, while you are currently having +30C. That's why I said you and I are having the same numerical temperatures, except that we've got a minus (-) in front of ours. We are absolutely balmy hovering around 0C but some snow is coming in about an hr. Nevertheless, going flying tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Some jerk brought a Navy plane to Air Force day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                          Some jerk brought a Navy plane to Air Force day.
                          "Aim High," Brother. ~Uno Ab Alto~ Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A flight on the snow today.

Name:	86E82257-4780-4034-82D9-3458A7399984.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	335580

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                              This Missing Gulfstream Landing Video: Full video not yet on YouTube or the BH Website, but's it's nice.
                              Great landing video, thanks for shooting and sharing! Kudos to Marv for that landing managing throttle and elevator perfectly after touch down to hold a nose high wheelie on GRASS. What a beautiful Gulfstream!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a quick head-tracking FPV conversion on another EDF jet - happen to be also a Xfly - the Sirius. Unfortunately, the canopy was not clear enough to see through for flying so left it off. But otherwise it's super stable as an FPV platform. No FC or gyro needed. I did mod the nozzle size down to get more speed and efficiency. Stock nozzle size was way too big. Enjoy!

Check six for bandits!

Name:	Sirius Check Six.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	335596

Name:	Sirius Lakes.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	335595

Name:	Sirius Sunset OCMA Side.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	335594
                              Climb high for second sunset!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Been looking 4 the right thread,, cant find it ,, this will,, do,, what will u fly tmorrow.... im going up in a cessna ,with a new.. friend, tommorrow.. will do a lap of our local bay.. more importantly , im told its ok once in the air, i can do a little lefty righty. On his say... hope havnt upset anyone,,, wrong thread etc,,, but sooo eexcited,,,, had to tell the squark team....

Comment

• Good on ya mate. Aviation fun is aviation fun.

Comment

• Goina bore with it just once more.. what did i fly today.... well it wasnt a cessna,, it was a socata tb 10.. bucket list stuff, me anyway.. we took off from lilydale and flew 4 about almost 2 hours.. out over port phillip bay.. here is the best bit,, half hour aftter take off he said control is yours.. just the control columb.,,, elev and aileron.. my task was keep it at 2500 feet ,, about 500 feet under cloud cover,, and at 100 knots he is vfr only.. and then i got to do a 180 to head home all of that was not as hard as i thought.... but loootts of fuuunn when i did the 180 i kept the height bang on 2500.. he was suitably impresse Click image for larger version

Name:	16435010704054517119300592983297.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	336008 not great pic cya
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• F4U Ausie,
                                      Being able to hold altitude bang on, first time at the controls is truly impressive! Congrats on checking off another item on the bucket list. Too much fun!

I would not be content to do it once and reminisce. And renting full scale planes on a regular basis is out of my paygrade So I settle for the next best thing. Flying from my model cockpits using head-tracking FPV, visually any way. I set up my planes really simple, no flight controller, no gyro even. Just install a FPV camera with pan & tilt and hook up to corresponding channels setup for head-tracker in transmitter and go fly. Lots of fun! Here's one practicing precision aerobatics from the cockpit. Enjoy!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Gota say when i did the 180 ,, flying rc natuarlly made me gentlly pull bak on the stick just a little,,,.. i feel lucky,,most rc guys would like that luxury however i think fpv often ,, ive seen it often ,, mostly with drones.. mmm..... at some point i will fpv,,. Will b every bit as nervous

Comment

• Oh and very rude of me great vid turbine

Comment

Working...
                                          X