X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
    Well, that would suck, but it wouldn’t kill the hobby for me. I love kit building and scratch building. It would not take long for an American FreeWing/Fliteline to produce the planes we want, here. We could maybe finally get them painted in primer only. It might even make getting past some trademark issues easier.
    The biggest trademark problem is getting permission from the people who produced the original aircraft. And that can be a problem if the companies no longer exist, or were merged into a bigger company.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Glad we're a few months out.Just dropped a tidy sum on some scale mid powered rockets I've wanted to build.

Mike
      Indeed, if they pushed them out back to back we would be on the corner holding signs! :Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

But there is another "wild card" to this equation. If a major trade war breaks out between the US and China, we may not only b e out of luck in the hobby completely. Just think if the price of a Freewing 64 mm f-86 shot up to the price of it's 80 mm brother.
        Well the fact is even in the worse case scenario would be a 15% increase, thus a 500$ jet would go to 575, yes this may slow sales down but that particular market would hardly be touched. If I am spending 500, 575 would not stop me. I don’t see it happening, much too much to lose by adding tariffs. Lots is posturing right now. Anyway, back to Foil.....F-100 Super Sabre please.....

Comment

• Take a tour of a beautiful corporate-owned DC-3. It's never been restored, but you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one than 'Esther Mae.'

Sorry guys, but nothing gets Ol' Grossman drooling faster than an original polished DC-3. One of only 28 DC-3D models, this 1946 Doug has never been rebuilt.
          Ahhh, what I wouldn't do for a 2000mm Flight Line RC DC-3
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan06.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	147230
          Team Gross!

Comment

• If they can add a c47 variant color scheme to it, I'll bite

Comment

• Oh yeah, I want one in the Yankee Smuggler paint scheme used in the movie, High Risk!!!
              An early 80's movie with James Brolin, and a DC-3 with a huge green leaf on the vertical stab...
              Just curious, anyone else seen that movie???

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Well the fact is even in the worse case scenario would be a 15% increase, thus a 500$ jet would go to 575, yes this may slow sales down but that particular market would hardly be touched. If I am spending 500, 575 would not stop me. I don’t see it happening, much too much to lose by adding tariffs. Lots is posturing right now. Anyway, back to Foil.....F-100 Super Sabre please.....
                Dammit Jim I'm a computer technician, not an economist! BTW the plane in the picture. How difficult is it to fly? I was thinking about one of it's little brothers, but thought it would be hard to fly.

Comment

• Hell, If you're going with 4 EDF's, why not go big and make a big, bad B-58 Hustler with 4, 70mm EDF's ! That ought to turn a few heads and send them right to the chiropractor....

Comment

• Hell, if you're going with 4 EDF's, why not a big, bad B58 Hustler with 4, 70mm EDF's! That ought to turn some heads and send them right to the chiropractor.....

Comment

• Looked like a Air China landing- LOL HSD is on the move . New T-33, a big F86 (105mm) and this seven four.
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                        Hell, if you're going with 4 EDF's, why not a big, bad B58 Hustler with 4, 70mm EDF's! That ought to turn some heads and send them right to the chiropractor.....
                        Actually, if I'm reading the title right is using 4 90 mm But I' d be more conservative and go with four 64 mm. The true problem would be the same with the actual airplane, the nightmare of the "stilts" landing gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot
                          OHH ALPHA....:
                          Really, if that is one of the offerings, you would be better off putting your money on Maxine Waters becoming the next president with Madonna as Vice President... Just saying, maybe I am wrong in this melinnial world we live in...
                          I sure hope not!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Actually, if I'm reading the title right is using 4 90 mm But I' d be more conservative and go with four 64 mm. The true problem would be the same with the actual airplane, the nightmare of the "stilts" landing gear.
                            "stilt" landing gear isn't much problem on models. Music wire and/or machined aluminum semi-scale struts.

The issue becomes the mounting points for the gear, which is often a problem for EPO models.
                            Just gluing a mount no wider than the retract into the foam is asking for it to pull out.
                            We need the gear mounts to clamp around a significant thickness of foam (screws pulling plates toward each other) and providing a larger area of contact with the foam.

EXACTLY the landing gear issue with the FMS Firefly... just (poorly) glue a plate on the foam surface. and the plate is pretty well designed to shear just forward and aft of the dural landing gear. Grass pulls the gear right off the airplane.
                            I added a LARGE plywood plate to the upper surface of the wing, long screws to draw the gear toward the plywood, clamping a huge amount of foam in the middle. The dural gear will bend long before that pulls loose now.

Similar issues with almost all of the < 1600 mm span EPO warbird retracts that have the mount just surface glued to the wing... Dynam at least has a plate on top if the wings (most of the time) with screws pulling that toward the retract, making the retract usually bend (or snap the trunion-strut pin) before the retract pulls out of the wing.

You do have to pick a failure point, because a bad landing is going to break something... For the retracts with a replaceable mounting plate, I'd make that the first part to break, since it can be replaced with a piece of 1/8 inch aircraft plywood.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                              Looked like a Air China landing- LOL HSD is on the move . New T-33, a big F86 (105mm) and this seven four.
                              Meanwhile, over at Aplha's house, if you listen closely, you can hear the sounds of face palming and teeth grinding.

Comment

• :Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Really, if that is one of the offerings, you would be better off putting your money on Maxine Waters becoming the next president with Madonna as Vice President... Just saying, maybe I am wrong in this melinnial world we live in...
                                  I sure hope not!!!!
                                  As far as Auntie Maxine and Madonna, think about this. If you asked anybody outside of Illinois who Barrack Obama was before 2007, they'd probably say he was a new hip-hop or rap singer. And who, other than Matt Groening would have believed in the possibility of President Donald Trump?

Comment

• Dont built money pits that will suffer huge hits on the bottom line, build affordable stuff, I wanna see motion around a lot longer.

Comment

• More planes, less politics!

I want to see a 3000mm B-36D with 6 a turnin' and 4 a burnin'! (Now would that be Freewing, or FlightLineRC? ;))

Pat

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

Working...
                                        X