Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My L-39 has 4 hours on it. I have always used a 3 second delay in the flaps. All the delay does is slowly change the pulsewidth of the signal. It's the same thing as when you move a control stick.
    I'll bet that you guys just have bad servos. Try replacing the flap servos.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Update after my maiden...after taking off and flying beautifully for a while, upon deploying the flaps one got stuck xDDDD. Actually I did not feel it is so dramatic like some seemed to describe it, totally controllable (my low flaps is high on manual...and full is like around 80 degrees down). Anyway will try without delay in the coming days and check.. I continue thinking delay has nothing to do but we will see Lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
        My L-39 has 4 hours on it. I have always used a 3 second delay in the flaps. All the delay does is slowly change the pulsewidth of the signal. It's the same thing as when you move a control stick.
        I'll bet that you guys just have bad servos. Try replacing the flap servos.
        You could be right about bad servos but if you look at all the reports of stuck flaps, I have yet to see a report of a stuck flap where delay has not been used. My suspicion is that the pulsewidth changes to a value that a particular (bad) servo has problems with.

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
        Update after my maiden...after taking off and flying beautifully for a while, upon deploying the flaps one got stuck xDDDD. Actually I did not feel it is so dramatic like some seemed to describe it, totally controllable (my low flaps is high on manual...and full is like around 80 degrees down). Anyway will try without delay in the coming days and check.. I continue thinking delay has nothing to do but we will see Lol...
        Glad it worked out for you. My experience was rather more dramatic. The roll was instant and wicked and I only just got away with it.

Just as an aside, have you guys noticed that when you do use delay, the movement is not smooth, it sort of steps in a slightly jerky manner? Curious if its like that for everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gremlin View Post

You could be right about bad servos but if you look at all the reports of stuck flaps, I have yet to see a report of a stuck flap where delay has not been used. My suspicion is that the pulsewidth changes to a value that a particular (bad) servo has problems with.

Glad it worked out for you. My experience was rather more dramatic. The roll was instant and wicked and I only just got away with it.

Just as an aside, have you guys noticed that when you do use delay, the movement is not smooth, it sort of steps in a slightly jerky manner? Curious if its like that for everyone?
          Mine has 15 flights now and the flaps are on a 4 second delay and they work very smooth.

Comment

• put in the 3d cockpits last night..seems a bit heaver then stock,,,hope cg works out as right now iam too lazy to check on it

Comment

• Cool we have the same pilots. Moving the battery back a little should balance the weight.

Comment

• Can someone tell me where I can get in touch with a person with a 3D printer in Canada that could print the 3DPUPs.

Comment

• skyboom I call those pilots ol mitten hands hope they don't have to flip any switches (which I put on wrong side of cockpit lol) with there mittens...if I had it to do again id pop off there arms and fix the angle..at least make an effort to grab the stick

Comment

• The BAT-39!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	l1.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	167438

Name:	l2.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	167439

Name:	l3.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	167440

Name:	l4.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	167441

Name:	l5.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	167442

Comment

• Cool!!!! :Cool::Cool: Merry Christmas!!! :Gift:

Comment

• I built this stand for the outstanding Freewing L-39 with room for the Freewing F-22 coming for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

• nice stand but wasted a ton of space for more planes to come

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                            nice stand but wasted a ton of space for more planes to come
                            I partly agree with you about the other stand but I would also be concerned about your 3 planes so close to the floor and surrounded by so much stuff. Maybe it's just me, I am too clumsy and these are foam planes. :Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post

I partly agree with you about the other stand but I would also be concerned about your 3 planes so close to the floor and surrounded by so much stuff. Maybe it's just me, I am too clumsy and these are foam planes. :Thinking:
                              In some circles, "hanger rash" is considered the lazy man's way to automatic "weathering". :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                nice stand but wasted a ton of space for more planes to come
                                I purposefully built it to include room for 2 airplanes to keep my total around 5 to 6. I have three on another stand. Even with 5-6 it takes a while to cycle through as I can only take 2 to the field at once. I'm relatively new to the hobby so maybe that will change as time goes on.

Comment

• New here on this forum. Great info and videos. Lots of EDF knowledge for a new guy. Thanks to all. Does anyone have any idea when the L39 arf plus will be available? Been out of stock a long time. Will they ever get more in?

Comment

• I have a question. Just put my L-39 together. The landing lights don’t come on when the gear drops. They do work as I have tested them with a battery at the main wing board
                                    thanks

Comment

• Check to make sure they're plugged into the right pins on the board. Use the board's diagram to confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwr302 View Post
                                        New here on this forum. Great info and videos. Lots of EDF knowledge for a new guy. Thanks to all. Does anyone have any idea when the L39 arf plus will be available? Been out of stock a long time. Will they ever get more in?
                                        Welcome the Hobby Squawk and Merry Christmas!!! Not sure on the L-39, but wanted to welcome you!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          Check to make sure they're plugged into the right pins on the board. Use the board's diagram to confirm.
                                          Everything appears to be in the correct place on the board in the wing. I may just bypass the board and have them on permanent, shouldn’t use much juice

Comment

Working...
                                          X