Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone direct me to the 3D parts. I tried searching but I can’t find anything

Comment

• I have the 4s set up.the f22 64mm raptor.. I've been running admiral 2200 60c pro packs and having my tinerr set for 3 mins and batteries are really hot. They have puffed after less than 10 flights. Question is how can I use my 5s packs ? They are 2200 80c 5s rdq liops

Comment

• It's the 2836 3300 kv motor 12 blade fan with 40 amp esc, I have some 60 amp esc laying around some cobra ones from my race wings.. or should I just get a bigger 4s pack like a 2500 mah 80 or 100 c packs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
          Can someone direct me to the 3D parts. I tried searching but I can’t find anything
          Go to this page and click on the link:

L-39 Albatros High Performance 9B 80mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ21515P Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing 80mm EDF L-39 Albatros. As of 7/14/2023 this model now comes with the upgraded 3658-2150Kv inrunner brushless motor and a newly designed 12-Blade EDF in addition to the 100A E

S.

Comment

• So today I started painting and taking apart my plane, only to find that the right retract had a fully stripped Allen screw on the back. Has anyone else found this from the factory? I had no other choice but to drill it out which was very frustrating considering the small work quarters. I really hope they stay on with only one left in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
              So today I started painting and taking apart my plane, only to find that the right retract had a fully stripped Allen screw on the back. Has anyone else found this from the factory? I had no other choice but to drill it out which was very frustrating considering the small work quarters. I really hope they stay on with only one left in it.
              One? from what I've seen they won't stay with just one, get another....easy:Cool:Whenever I loosen just one, it comes loose, it seems to be the pressure of one against the other that holds it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

One? from what I've seen they won't stay with just one, get another....easy:Cool:Whenever I loosen just one, it comes loose, it seems to be the pressure of one against the other that holds it in.
                I Have to retap the hole now and find a bigger screw. Had to drill out the stripped one (thanks freewing)

Comment

•  

Comment

• Has anyone tried out the new Admiral 6s 6000 pro in the L-39? Did flight times improve despite the potential extra weight? And CG issues?
                    Thanks!
                    Jeff

Admiral Pro Series 6000mAh 6S 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR60006E Power you can trust! Admiral batteries are globally renowned for delivering superior power-to-weight ratio, reliable safety, and long lifespan. Produced in a world-class facility with an all-new formula that optimizes high performance across

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                      Has anyone tried out the new Admiral 6s 6000 pro in the L-39? Did flight times improve despite the potential extra weight? And CG issues?
                      Thanks!
                      Jeff

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ad...ewarrival&fp=5
                      You should watch this:
                      Check out the first flight we did on the 6000mAh 6S Admiral Pro here: https://youtu.be/3-w9d0zmLjUhttps://www.motionrc.com/products/admiral-pro-6000mah-6s-22...

It's not the L-39 but the principles are the same. Flight times for the F-18 went up. I think it will be the same for the L-39. The 6000 battery weighs just over 100g more than the recommended 5000mah. That's barely 4 oz. It's like adding a pimple on a large wart. The L-39 has a huge battery compartment with lots of room to move the battery back to compensate for added weight.
                      Personally, I'm just fine with the 5000mah batteries in these planes. I usually fly several planes and each one multiple times each day I go, so increasing flight time by even a couple of minutes doesn't mean anything to me.

Comment

• A mate of mine and myself designed some fpv stand alone modules that attached to the wings like jetison tanks, added weight was almost 400 gr, the L39 did not really care and flew just as good as always..just needs a little bit more speed when landing. So, I cannot see aaaaaany problem at all flying with the 6000mAh.

Comment

• And for anyone wanting to convert his L39 into turbine, the post I just created might be of interested to him :):

Comment

• Thanks for the input regarding the 6000mah pack.

Comment

• finished my L-39 tonight. Spraying on a few coats of gloss varathane in the morning and its maiden time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	l39.png
Views:	791
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	190131
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Looks awesome, can you do mine next:):)

I haven't got the nerve to try repainting my yet.:Silly:

Comment

• Thanks! watched the motion RC video to perfect my techique, lots of wet shop towels cut to make the camouflage contours and metallic leading edge inlets, after watching how he did it, it was very easy with spray paints!

Comment

• Yes, I have tried the 6000mah in the L-39, works well, but I still have a preference for the 5000mah. But the 6000mah works great and of course you get that extra flight time. I got on average 1min extra flight time on the 6000mah 6S.

S.

Comment

• Hi guys,

Just ordered the L39 tonight. Looking forward to receiving it! Still making my way through this thread but what I have read so far was enough to convince me this is the edf I was after :) One quick question as I may not have reached this in the thread, what kind of LED are you using for the top and bottom fuse strobes?

Cheers

Jeremy

Comment

• Hi Jeremy, welcome to Hobby Squawk! We're proud of our L-39, it really surprised the market and I think made more people happier than initially thought possible.

As for the LEDs, the L-39 uses the same MFCB as our other recent jets, so you'll have no problem plugging in LEDs from the other Freewing jets' LED sets on our website. The green, red, or white 1W (non-star) are standard and plug right into your L-39's MFCB. You've got a couple spare slots.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Jez_AU View Post
                                          Hi guys,

Just ordered the L39 tonight. Looking forward to receiving it! Still making my way through this thread but what I have read so far was enough to convince me this is the edf I was after :) One quick question as I may not have reached this in the thread, what kind of LED are you using for the top and bottom fuse strobes?

Cheers

Jeremy
                                          You will like the L-39, I want to paint mine one day but find myself just flying it the way it is, it flies very well and looks good in the air, its fast and has great flight times, the only thing I am going to do it is bypass the landing gear from the blue box, I hate this new delay on the gear, I like my gear to retract right at take off, not later after the climb out, real scale jets don't retract the gear after they are 1/2 mile up in the air..............:Confused:

Comment

Working...
                                          X