Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm EDF L-39 Albatros Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How and where do I go to order the cockpit and exhaust set for this model please.

Many thanks in advance,

Gordon.
    U.K.

Comment

• There you go Alpha. I told you I wanted something European and in camouflage, and you indeed have come up with the goods big time with the camo L-39.
      I showed my friend your camouflage version, and he pushed the perchance button too !
      i cant find the cockpit and exhaust parts for sale from MRC.
      Did you ever offer them to buy as I dont have 3 D printing access.

Gordon.
      U.k.

Comment

• For those with the new Camo L-39, here’s the touch up paint

Attached Files
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Hi guys,

I just got the camo version, beautiful airplane... everything went perfect, just one cable from the blue box to receiver that was missing, had to take off from other plane to check everything. Now, I noticed a 4 sec delay on the gears to deploy and retract...is that normal or depends where I pug in the blue box?

thanks,
          Ed

Comment

• Hi Ed, the delay is normal since that blue box is also used on aircraft that have servo actuated gear doors. See the Support tab on the product page for more information and other tech tips. It might be quicker than sorting through this entire thread. Basically an easy tip is to cycle your gear switch before flight to ensure the gear is armed, the steering is enabled, and the gear cycles when you expect it.

Thanks for posting the touch up paint from Home Depot, thisguy65!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I hit my gear up a few seconds before I rotate, this way they are already retracting as I’m climbing out. Just need to ensure I don’t cycle them to early :)

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                For those with the new Camo L-39, here’s the touch up paint
                Thanks for posting. That is really helpful. I assume I could take that pic to an auto body paint shop and get them to make some.

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

If you want detailed information, go to eduard.com and search for the L-39 kits. On each individual product page, you’ll find a link to the instruction sheet. Those contain colour codes plus four-side views of the schemes.

For decal information look here

This is just one of six files available there.
                That is very helpful. I would have just ordered decals from callie graphics. However from what I can see all of the nomenclature is english. I sort of wanted the russian decals. Maybe Callie will produce a set in russian in due course (hint hint).

Comment

• Swapped in the inrunner motor/fan from the FMS Futura V2. KV went up to 2100. The increase in top speed was detectable but slight. The acceleration was marked better. The screaming sound at max throttle was both exciting but got annoying with repetition. The FMS fan shroud is a bit bigger in diameter (maybe 2mm) and the length of the shroud is slightly longer, requiring some foam excavation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jez_AU View Post
                    I hit my gear up a few seconds before I rotate, this way they are already retracting as I’m climbing out. Just need to ensure I don’t cycle them to early :)
                    I was doing the same thing on mine, couple of times I almost cut it to close and went belly up.LOL​​​​​​.

I hate the delay so I bypassed the blue box on the mains and kept the nose gear through the blue box so the landing ights would go on & off when they should. I get to watch the main gear go up as soon as I rotate and then the nose gear goes up after, not scale I know, maybe this time on my camo version I am going to figure out how to get all three gear to go up with no delay and the lights do their thing.

Comment

•  

Comment

• What throws are you guys using for high, mid , low?
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• The yellow tips on this bird help increase orientation in certain light and viewing angles. Having a blast with this one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03279 (2).png
Views:	1180
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	199006
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Added a landing light, led I had from P-38 led kit.
                            Attached Files
                            Planes

Comment

• Ok so im using an admiral pro 6000 6s pushed as far back as i could and at 103mm shes still super nose heavy. Does anyone run 6000's? Or do i need to get smaller batteries?

Comment

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
                                Ok so im using an admiral pro 6000 6s pushed as far back as i could and at 103mm shes still super nose heavy. Does anyone run 6000's? Or do i need to get smaller batteries?
                                Biggest you can go is5000. Or should go. If you want more mAh. Look in to roaring tops. 5000 admirals weight is 700-710 ( I weight all my batteries and currently have 4 admiral 5000)

or look in to hibby star from rcjuice
                                Planes

Comment

• The 5200 45C Hobby Star run between 620-640g. Great batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                    For those with the new Camo L-39, here’s the touch up paint
                                    I see you got all the essentials,..... paint and Snickers Bar :)

thanks for sharing
                                    Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      Hi Ed, the delay is normal since that blue box is also used on aircraft that have servo actuated gear doors. See the Support tab on the product page for more information and other tech tips. It might be quicker than sorting through this entire thread. Basically an easy tip is to cycle your gear switch before flight to ensure the gear is armed, the steering is enabled, and the gear cycles when you expect it.

Thanks for posting the touch up paint from Home Depot, thisguy65!
                                      Hi Alpha
                                      Is it possible to change the blue box in the future that would allow us to deactivate the delay? Its just a little to long on the Corsair (IMO) anyway it would be nice to have this adjustable

Thanks for all of your hard work for our enjoyment!

Rich

Comment

• On vacation and will be home today, but my Mom called and said she put a big box in my house, I like this new FedEx shipping, my shipping notice said delivery on Monday but it came yesterday (Sat.) so I am going home to my new camo L-39.....:Cool:

Anyone want pics?

Comment

• Im so confused. Can i run an A3L gyro while using the blue box? The gyro needs to recieve signal from ailerons but the ailerons are the ribbon cables.

and the aileron lead from the bb goes to the rx. :Confused:

Comment

Working...
                                          X