Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are on Page 17

Comment

• Thanks for the info as i started last night to print. I have a Maker13 shop near by and took the intro to 3D printing so as to be able to use their machines, Ultimaker 3's. So instead of printing some novelty item, i used the joystick file and printed those as my "test". Still not sure ill get my own printer but its a start.

Comment

•  

Comment

• I went and done it anyway. Bought a Geeetech A10 and printing the L39 cockpit set.Front panel and consoles

Comment

•  

Comment

• That was a seriously close call!!! :Sweating:

Comment

• is it just me or has anyone noticed that the cockpit assembly on the L39 weighs a ton lol

Comment

• It is heavier than some but not nearly as bad as if you add the 3DP cockpit bits.

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                  is it just me or has anyone noticed that the cockpit assembly on the L39 weighs a ton lol

Comment

• Well finally got around to flying this jet! Dead calm sunny day so couldn’t ask for better conditions. I managed to get 3 flights in. First flight went for five minutes as I got caught up trimming and I literally landed as the motor died! My mate got it on video so will post it up once I get a copy. Was a perfect landing too! 2nd and 3rd flights were real fun with the 3rd having the external tanks attached. Both flights I’m starting my landing at 3-1/2 minutes so still have plenty of reserve. Planes a ***** cat in the air and has the feel of a larger jet. I was also flying one of my turbine sport jets today and this felt just as locked in.

Really happy with this one! certainly grooves along and is surprisingly manoeuvrable.

Looking forward to many more flights!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                      is it just me or has anyone noticed that the cockpit assembly on the L39 weighs a ton lol
                      Yes, but that’s no problem at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	757459D9-7B7C-4968-A8F6-E44E1F69AC6C.jpeg
Views:	938
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	196390
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday, 08:23 AM

It is heavier than some but not nearly as bad as if you add the 3DP cockpit bits.

I did put in the 3d cockpit bits lol maybe that's why it seems so heavy but like radar guy said its no problem..just heavy lol

Comment

• Not sure if this will work but here is the first minute of the maiden flight. Needed down trim and right aileron trim hence why I was making left hand circuits ;)

Link to the video (Don't need a login to view)

280 views, 19 likes, 0 loves, 4 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Aussiejet: Did the maiden flight on the Freewing L39 on the weekend. Ended up having three flights in total and I have...

My friends having issues getting the landing video uploaded to my dropbox. Hopefully he gets it figured out so I can share it as well.

Just printing up some rocket pods to play with although I do like the wing tanks and it really adds to the look!

Also one last question, do you all use velcro or the included anti slip pad in conjunction with the velcro strap to secure your batteries

Cheers

Jeremy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jez_AU View Post
                            Not sure if this will work but here is the first minute of the maiden flight. Needed down trim and right aileron trim hence why I was making left hand circuits ;)

Link to the video (Don't need a login to view)

280 views, 19 likes, 0 loves, 4 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Aussiejet: Did the maiden flight on the Freewing L39 on the weekend. Ended up having three flights in total and I have...

My friends having issues getting the landing video uploaded to my dropbox. Hopefully he gets it figured out so I can share it as well.

Just printing up some rocket pods to play with although I do like the wing tanks and it really adds to the look!

Also one last question, do you all use velcro or the included anti slip pad in conjunction with the velcro strap to secure your batteries

Cheers

Jeremy
                            I epoxy velcro into the battery bay as it usually will not stick for long unless its glued.

Comment

• Velcro, more secure.

Comment

• I recently saw information somewhere that said Freewing was coming out with a camo version of the 80mm L-39. Now I can't find it. If anyone else saw it and can provide a link, please post it here. Thanks.

Comment

• Dtop, welcome! No info on camo, but I want one! Glad you are here! Jerry

Comment

• hopefully will maiden mine Friday morning unless another family disaster befalls me ,,,nothing too serious last week it was junking my daughters car waiting for the wrecker all morning...and it was such a great windless day too...got the L39 and eflite viper to maiden...just bringing these two so I don't chicken out

Comment

• Hey ya'll,

I'm curious does this plane fly comparable to any of the planes in my sig? I have a good friend that is always asking me "when are you picking up a L-39" I honestly don't know what I'm missing or if I'm missing anything but just trying to get a idea.
                                      Planes
                                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                        Hey ya'll,

I'm curious does this plane fly comparable to any of the planes in my sig? I have a good friend that is always asking me "when are you picking up a L-39" I honestly don't know what I'm missing or if I'm missing anything but just trying to get a idea.
                                        The L-39 is very well mannered. I think it flies even better than the Avanti
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I tend to agree with Bill and yes you are missing out. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X