X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    My recent repaint. She has about 4 hours of flight time. I replaced all three retract units, nosewheel mount, and motor bearings (boca bearings). Special decals by Callie. My first airbrushing project.

Click image for larger version Name:	20190314_161234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	184455Click image for larger version Name:	20190314_161314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	184457
    Very nice!

Comment

• [QUOTE=seaviper;n184446]My recent repaint. She has about 4 hours of flight time. I replaced all three retract units, nosewheel mount, and motor bearings (boca bearings). Special decals by Callie. My first airbrushing project.

QUOTE]

Very nice and thanks for sharing your design colors. I have never seen this one

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post

very nice! what did you paint this with? airbrush?
        All done with rattle cans and some great Callie Graphics

Comment

• Short video of our flights yesterday just a little teaser
          Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• No video but here is a shot of mine taxing back yesterday evening just before the sun went down. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_185724.jpg
Views:	1108
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	185054

Comment

• We had six flights yesterday. All L-39's made it home safe. The wind was difficult on landing. Anyway, the re-painted L-39 is now signed off and ready for duty.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	47C95966-043B-48B5-ADF5-C8DCE7A048C7.jpeg
Views:	1083
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	185282Click image for larger version

Name:	4B9F0AC3-2A62-4A27-8BA6-F2938C5F7C3F.jpeg
Views:	1075
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	185281Click image for larger version

Name:	58C9F8B2-B730-4E1F-86A6-1ECF8B206317.jpeg
Views:	1190
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	185280 Finally a break in the weather!!
                I’ve been waiting since January 15 for the weather to cooperate to get in a maiden flight. Stock power, C.G. and control throws. I did Stuart’s light mod to have the landing lights on at all times. I like how it looks all lit up.

The L-39 maiden, like my A4, was about as uneventful as you can get. 4 clicks of down and 1 click of left and it was trimmed. Having a couple flights on the A-4 now (also flown today) I still flew it as the test flight it was. Trim pass, then slowed it down to check slow flight, nice. Gear pass, and landing. Pitches down a bit with flaps, so will adjust elevator mix. Another greased first landing. I like the way these Freewings fly. Two more flights expanding on the flight envelope. Definitely faster then my A4. Love the vertical with this thing. Cloudy during my first flight, but easy to see. I’m using the same timer settings as my A4. On the ground at 3 mins with 3.79 per cell on an Admiral 5000 pack. I was pushing it pretty hard. Two more flights with inverted, doesn’t need much elevator at all, point rolls and the wonderful vertical rolling climbs. All the time it flys like it’s on rails. This is a great flying airplane.

I went with the L-39 over the Avanti as it’s a scale airplane. Absolutely happy with my choice. If you are on the fence about this one, i would highly recommend it.

Unfortunately, my friends weren’t able to make it out, so no video. Maybe next time. Until then, looking forward to the next sortie.

Comment

• Gonna get the l-39 soon. I can’t stand the way it looks with the gear door always down so I am going to make it sequence. I also want to add speed breaks. This is the scheme I’m going to go with.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DEB2901C-7C4D-4C49-9146-DD5525CBF754.jpeg
Views:	1139
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	185734

Comment

• Here is one of our flights from yesterday filmed from my buddy's L-39. 12 flights now on the Shark. Love it.
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        Here is one of our flights from yesterday filmed from my buddy's L-39. 12 flights now on the Shark. Love it.
                        That was fun,,,, I kept thinking you were going to catch up to the other L39 :)

Thanks for sharing
                        Rich

Comment

• [QUOTE=RichJ53;n184487]
                          Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                          My recent repaint. She has about 4 hours of flight time. I replaced all three retract units, nosewheel mount, and motor bearings (boca bearings). Special decals by Callie. My first airbrushing project.

QUOTE]

Very nice and thanks for sharing your design colors. I have never seen this one

Rich
                          Hungarian air force
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	hunaf.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	187460

Comment

• Patrick isn't happy unless hes repainting his planes...if I paint the helmets on my pilot figures I think ive really done something...:)

Comment

•  

Comment

• Oh my!

That paint job looks awesome!

Great work seaviper :Cool:!

Comment

• Hi guys. Just came back from test flying my L-159. Best flying A/C I own. The weather here in Gods country finally got warm enough for this old man to fly. Sorry I forgot to take a camera, so no picts at this time execpt this one from the work bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifty View Post
                                    Hi guys. Just came back from test flying my L-159. Best flying A/C I own. The weather here in Gods country finally got warm enough for this old man to fly. Sorry I forgot to take a camera, so no picts at this time execpt this one from the work bench.
                                    Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Love your mods! Very happy for you Bro!! :Cool: I have to do a repaint on mine later for sure, but she does fly great!!! ;)

Comment

• Thanks Bro I appriciate it.

Comment

• Tried to take some early morning "glamour shots" of my new paint yesterday. Heavy fog hindered the process.
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Bill, I like the fog effect with the lights!!! Very cool indeed!!!
                                          :Cool: Blessings Bro!! Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                          X