X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Usually MRC EU ship within a day or two, but it might take longer due to the extra efforts caused by „Brexit“ these days.

70C packs take a lot of caution to keep (pre-heating, precise charging, correct storage) them 70c packs, otherwise you‘ll own „ordinary“ 35C packs soon.

The current 6s inrunner stock fans are absolutely sufficient for the L-39 to fly in a scale-like manner. I flew a Schübeler 6s and Wemotec 6s (2100kV motors) in my L-39, no noticeable performance change.
    thanks RG.
    well in Cyprus we don't have any weather normally... on the contrary 8 months of the year we have to deal with HOT weather. Thanks of the tip on those packs. I used to fly only EDFs then turned to Turbines but now they are hanging on the wall. need something to take that rust away from these fingers.

I got an SMS today with a Fedex tracking. only showing info received nothing more. should be shipped by tomorrow normally. hope it goes well. need to find that DX18 and check it's battery :)

Comment

• Need some help, got a gremlin on my elevator channel...having a problem with an elevator servo, and just one side, not both....after re-centering the servo, and after a few movement cycles, it goes to full up, and stays there, until disconnect the power, and I re center it, and go through the whole process again. I have changed the servo out, changed the servo wires, changed the blue box, bypassed the blue box with a y harness from the servos to the Rx. Re bound the rx to the tx, still nothing, using a DX8 with a Spektrum 6 channel sport receiver...any help would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dadofseven View Post
        Need some help, got a gremlin on my elevator channel...having a problem with an elevator servo, and just one side, not both....after re-centering the servo, and after a few movement cycles, it goes to full up, and stays there, until disconnect the power, and I re center it, and go through the whole process again. I have changed the servo out, changed the servo wires, changed the blue box, bypassed the blue box with a y harness from the servos to the Rx. Re bound the rx to the tx, still nothing, using a DX8 with a Spektrum 6 channel sport receiver...any help would be great.
        Have you done a series of tests using a servo tester? Check one side, then the other, then check both on a Y. Use the cycle mode on the servo tester and run it for many cycles to see if you can duplicate the problem. If it won't replicate on the servo tester, then you can eliminate the servo, the wiring and the Y.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Hope to maiden mine this weekend. Is the preferred CG still per the diagram in the manual (103 mm from where wing meets the fuse) ?

Thanks. Bob

Comment

• Im going to maiden my new camo L-39 tomorrow. Its also my first flight with an EDF for about 20 years so we are both being tested tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Comment

• Good luck! You'll be fine,

Comment

• Got two flights in when we maidened mine but snapped the nose gear pin when we tried landing with full flaps and it pushed the aircraft down quick and caused a heavier than normal landing... thanks to my turbine crazy friend Matteo for the help as it feels like quite a step up

Comment

• had a strange reaction to full flaps on my second flight.mixed 1mm down elevator for half flaps and 1.5mm for full.half flaps, i found turning for finals was ok but as we fed in full flaps before landing it caused the plane to dive at the runway.Should i just forget about using flap elevator mix and see how we go?

Comment

• Been flying my L39 for a while now but now it’s not initializing anymore, after plugging in the battery the esc just beeps steadily. I know my receiver is working since has solid orange light indicating it’s bound to my spectrum nx10 and telemetry is working. I switched out receivers and still the same. Anyone have had this happen?

Comment

• recalibrate your throttle...

Comment

• flew again at the weekend and she flew beautifully,very steady flight no real worries,felt quicker than i expected but only getting 3.00-3.30 minutes out of a 5000 pack is a killer.Feels like ive just got it up and into a groove and its time to land. Whats the biggest pack people have used and what times did you get?

Comment

• A larger, heavier pack just requires more energy to fly. The best bang for the battery is throttle management.

Anything over 85% throttle pulls the battery down quickly and yields little extra performance. When at a higher altitude, point the nose down a bit and let the weight of the plane do the work while having throttle at near idle. Then throttle up as needed.

Fast passes are fun, but a little more cruise mode flying will enable 4+ minutes flying time.

Comment

• I'm late in joining the L-39 party, but as of this week that has been corrected.

I've skimmed this thread as well as the RCG thread, but just wondering if anyone here has the Cliff Notes rundown on the camo scheme? Is it an airshow only scheme or an actual military livery?

JB

Comment

• I believe it is a Russian naval aviation scheme. Though some private owners do also fly with the scheme.
                                • Fan favorite camouflage paint scheme based from the 444 TsBP i PLS (Combat and Conversion Training Center) Ostrov Air Base, Russian Naval Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                  I'm late in joining the L-39 party, but as of this week that has been corrected.

I've skimmed this thread as well as the RCG thread, but just wondering if anyone here has the Cliff Notes rundown on the camo scheme? Is it an airshow only scheme or an actual military livery?

JB
                                  When I bought mine, I did find a picture of the real one as a military trainer I think it was, only thing is the pictures on the MRC page makes it look to have more brown on it, I thought it was more of a desert camo but it is more of a green camo, little more green than I wanted but it still looks great though.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

I got it together and maidened this evening. I'm happy to report all went well. It flies a lot like my T-33, which is one of my favorite planes.

I took the liberty of adding a tail light at the top of the vertical stab and a Flytron strobe to the bottom of the fuse, for late evening flying.

JB

Comment

• It might just be whatever paint they had on hand at the moment. But maybe there is a rhyme and reason. Click image for larger version

Name:	Aero L-39 Albatross - L-39C.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	316232Click image for larger version

Name:	58586_1128074434.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	316233Click image for larger version

Name:	2611274.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	316234

Comment

• Finally opened up the Albatros box, fitted the fms pro platinum series 80mm in-runner ( 2100kv 3.5kg thrust ) added the frying pan mesh guard to the cheater hole, painted the servos and connectors grey and added an air intake hole and an air scoop ( cut down a small spinner nose) mainly because Freewing went to the trouble of adding an air intake hole which clearly worked with gear down but not so good with gear up and gear door closed. Now all I need to do is add 6mm ply restraint/ v shaped centering piece to rear of nose leg and wait for the 30mph winds to subside before maiden flight later this week. I will be using Rhino 4000mah 50c packs and expect to get 3 to 3.5 mins flight time but I have a separate 6 to 10 amp BEC set to 5v output with with 370mah 2s lipo ( I normally use about 75mah per flight and swap after 2 flights.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	L39 Cheater mesh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	322095
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	L39 nose gear air intake 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	322096
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	L39 underside view.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	322098
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	L39 nose gear air intake one.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	322097
                                        Last edited by paulrkytek; Aug 16, 2021, 09:57 AM. Reason: added extra photo

Comment

• There is no need for any auxiliary air inlets. I‘ve got two FW L-39 and both have the heater hole closed from both sides. I‘m flying off grass and tried it with a couple of different fan setups.

Comment

Working...
                                          X