X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Probably down to the upside down RESCUE sticker...

Yes, it's still there.

I updated the missile rail so it accepts standard FW lugs on the missiles. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5138357

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

It’s definitely worth the extra time and effort to make things right.
      Yes sir, and I am installing a GPS speed sensor for the mentioned purpose of testing performance between the freewing fans and fms fans.

Comment

• I did some double plate cf to reinforce the mains, I'm doing grass ops, so figured this would be a must. The first plate sits on top of the plastic gear mount and is glued in place, the second was just to flush everything up even.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          I did some double plate cf to reinforce the mains, I'm doing grass ops, so figured this would be a must. The first plate sits on top of the plastic gear mount and is glued in place, the second was just to flush everything up even.
          RM, Beautiful work and great choice of materials. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RM, Beautiful work and great choice of materials. Best, LB
            Thank you sir, and I got a pic of the printed floor and wire tunnel in place as well. What I'm thinking on doing is using the old top plate mounts and drilling those out more to run some zip ties so I can keep the wires tacked down along the walls.

Comment

Thank you sir, and I got a pic of the printed floor and wire tunnel in place as well. What I'm thinking on doing is using the old top plate mounts and drilling those out more to run some zip ties so I can keep the wires tacked down along the walls.
              I kept the top plate mounts too, but just used thread to tie the wires in place.

Comment

• My two planes of choice of the day. Flying the 104 to get the nerve to fly the f14 lol

Comment

My two planes of choice of the day. Flying the 104 to get the nerve to fly the f14 lol
                  Excellent! Good luck and have fun. The F-14 is a great flying plane.

Comment

• Maiden in the books, December 21,2021 51 years on the day the full scale first took to the sky. Pretty cool deal. Sorry I know, hat cam...

Comment

Maiden in the books, December 21,2021 51 years on the day the full scale first took to the sky. Pretty cool deal. Sorry I know, hat cam...
                      Congratulations! It makes it even better getting the jet flying on the same day of the month the full-scale first flew, December 21, 1970.

Comment

• Yes indeed! And she's going back out tomorrow!

Comment

• I did sweep the wings on the maiden, and then on the second one after some adjustments. It didn't want to change direction very well the first time, but after I set the aileron rates lower during sweep, made all the difference. Now I just have to dial back the gyro just a bit. Had some minor oscillation at high speeds. Otherwise man she's a beauty.

Comment

My two planes of choice of the day. Flying the 104 to get the nerve to fly the f14 lol
                            That’s the Varsity Squad right there! Way to go!

Comment

• Tomorrow I have the f6f and f7f flying with the f14 I need that panther, hint hint, Alpha lol and a f4f, then pickup the f8f and I'll be set.

Comment

• The all cats day has commenced
                                didn't like the first pic

Comment

• Here is the STL file for a mounting rail for the underbody Phoenix missile. (The missile itself is also available on Thingiverse from another designer)

A Phoenix missile rail for the Freewing F-14. It screws to the attachment points under the forward fuselage. A socket that fits a standard Freewing lug is included. A suitable Phoenix missile is at: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5172755 (which in turn is derived from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3429152 )

Comment

• Here is my nose gear mount reinforcement plate I used. Carbon fiber as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Probably down to the upside down RESCUE sticker...

I had noticed that before, but it didn't bug me until after reading your post. So I finally painted out the offending word (Testors "sand" matched pretty well), printed "RESCUE" on my wife's label maker (black on clear) and stuck it on the right way up.

Still awaiting decent weather for a maiden. It's been strong winds from the south (crosswind to our runway) ever since I finished it.

Comment

• You're going to love it!

Comment

• Do-it-Yourself Afterburner test on the F-14.

Comment

Working...
                                          X