Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool deal. It's been consistent around 110 since. But not as much wind.

Comment

• Well I bent a main strut this time, but the retract units are holding true, no problems with those so far. So far also no major stress indications on the airframe yet. The cause of this one was me. I bounced the landing. I'm not even sure what I do on them I have 2 great landings then the last packs of the day sure enough it'll bounce, I think it could just set it down at 0 air speed and the thing will still bounce just to spite me because it doesnt want its day in the air to end.

Comment

• Pitching deck?

Comment

• Nope, was a pitching f*ckn retard on this one. Me...

Comment

• Best Static Score Scale Jet at Florida eJets a few weekends ago. Total repaint and scheme change, decals a combo of Callie, the kit and some home made. 3D printed parts for the drop tanks and tail cones, and other misc stuff. Panel lines and weathering added.
            Pat

Comment

• How does she handle the extra drag and weight in the air?

Comment

• Not bad. This has the Mig-29 inrunner setup with 100A ESCs, so there's more thrust than the stock setup. The weapons pylons shift CG just a little because they act as flying surfaces.
                Pat

Comment

• Yeah I would think it would, bet it looks just as badass in the air as on the deck

Comment

• LOL! I was wondering why a word was **** out on my post right before CG. Oops, forgot the "f" in shift.
                    Pat

Comment

• Lmao! Yeah I thought that was what you were saying, I just thought the censors started drinking early this weekend!

Comment

• Just installed a new power system and landing gear. Out with the FMS 2100kv units and in with some Jetfan V3 fans and HET 700-68-2250kv motors. Controlling them are Hobbywing 120a ESCs with 150a burst capacity. These motors are a combined ~350g heavier than the FMS units. I'm coming out a touch tail heavy even with my heaviest batteries (~800g/ea) ALL the way forward! I know it can be flown like this though.

I also installed the E-Flite 25-46 90 degree retracts with the trunnions drilled out to accept the 5.1mm pins from the stock struts. I added Robart 2.75" rubber wheels and RC Geek 3D printed hub caps. They look amazing!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gvasiloff View Post
                          Just installed a new power system and landing gear. Out with the FMS 2100kv units and in with some Jetfan V3 fans and HET 700-68-2250kv motors. Controlling them are Hobbywing 120a ESCs with 150a burst capacity. These motors are a combined ~350g heavier than the FMS units. I'm coming out a touch tail heavy even with my heaviest batteries (~800g/ea) ALL the way forward! I know it can be flown like this though.

I also installed the E-Flite 25-46 90 degree retracts with the trunnions drilled out to accept the 5.1mm pins from the stock struts. I added Robart 2.75" rubber wheels and RC Geek 3D printed hub caps. They look amazing!
                          GV, great upgrades and modifications to your Tomcat. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Has anyone every come up with a variable wing sweep mechanism mod for the Freewing F-14? I'm trying to come up with some ideas in my head but was wondering if anyone else has done this so I don't end up trying to "re-invent the wheel".

Thanks,
                            Vic

Comment

• Originally posted by vicentel View Post
                              Hi Guys,

Has anyone every come up with a variable wing sweep mechanism mod for the Freewing F-14? I'm trying to come up with some ideas in my head but was wondering if anyone else has done this so I don't end up trying to "re-invent the wheel". Thanks, Vic
                              VC, Do you mean adjustable? The wing does sweep, though it has a start and stop point on each end of the sweep. So I am speculating you want to be able to adjust the stop points or pick your stop points through the sweep angle. Am I close? Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by vicentel View Post
                                Hi Guys,

Has anyone every come up with a variable wing sweep mechanism mod for the Freewing F-14? I'm trying to come up with some ideas in my head but was wondering if anyone else has done this so I don't end up trying to "re-invent the wheel".

Thanks,
                                Vic
                                Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean you want to be able to move the wings as much as you want and hold them anywhere you want? You can always put the sweep servos on a rotary knob or slider, rather than a switch. This can be done with any servo. Sounds dangerous to me.

Comment

• Saw someone on Facebook who took out the worm gear drives and replaced them with Actuonix linear actuators. Works pretty good. Lots of work, and those Actuonix are not cheap!
                                  Pat

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/joshua.bybe...08640280683520

This is in the EDF Jet Clubhouse Facebook group. You need to be a member of the group to view.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Yeah the ones for the f14 I'm building with the full kit cost near 750 if I remember correctly

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean you want to be able to move the wings as much as you want and hold them anywhere you want? You can always put the sweep servos on a rotary knob or slider, rather than a switch. This can be done with any servo. Sounds dangerous to me.
                                        Hi Guys - Thanks for the quick replies. What I mean is I want to be able to proportionally control the swing of the wings. Rather than having the "landing gear" type mechanism (2 position) that they are currently where they are either fully swept or fully forward. But I would be happy with a 3 position wing with a mid-sweep setting.

My thinking is along the lines of removing the current swing wing servos and replace them with 2x high torque servos (I found 35kg stall torque @ 6V). Use long aluminum servo arms that clamp on to the spline (~1.25"-1.5"). I would have to design a way to mount the servos, probably 1/16" (~1.5mm) thick aluminum plate.

Cheers,
                                        Vic

Comment

• The "servos" in the F-14 are not regular servos that can be stopped between end points. They are modified retract units.

Originally posted by xviper View Post

Comment

Working...
                                          X