X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    The "servos" in the F-14 are not regular servos that can be stopped between end points. They are modified retract units.

Understood.

Comment

• I'm gonna bite the bullet this weekend and fpv the tomcat. Figured I got the feel of the landings well enough to give it a go

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        I'm gonna bite the bullet this weekend and fpv the tomcat. Figured I got the feel of the landings well enough to give it a go
        RM, you are amazing, Sir. Best of luck with the other project as well. A true Renascence Man. Best, Steve
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hope to get good on board video as well.

Comment

• Well I almost lost my f14, one battery connector broke midflight luckly since I wired it in parallel it saved the plane, i noticed a slight drop in power towards the end of the flight, more so than normal, and I didn't even know anything happened until I opened the hatch. Anyway I have some ec5s on order and I'm replacing the connector.

Comment

Well I almost lost my f14, one battery connector broke midflight luckly since I wired it in parallel it saved the plane,
              Yikes! Great save. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• What kind of connector and what do you mean by "broke"?

Comment

• What else would it mean?
                  break meaning: 1. to (cause something to) separate suddenly or violently into two or more pieces, or to (cause…. Learn more.

Comment

• I would assume he meant that one of the solder connections on one of the EC5s broke.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      I would assume he meant that one of the solder connections on one of the EC5s broke.
                      Correct. Battery side from the factory.

Comment

• Sorry I asked.

Comment

• Greetings,

I’ve been flying the FW F-14 for a few months and have a question about flight modes:

I use 3 modes - takeoff (high rates, 10° flaps), cruise (medium rates, gear up, flaps up) and wings swept (low rates, flaps disabled).

Each flight mode, specifically with wings swept, require different trims. Will my NX10 store the trim settings for each flight mode?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danonino View Post
                            Greetings,

I’ve been flying the FW F-14 for a few months and have a question about flight modes:

I use 3 modes - takeoff (high rates, 10° flaps), cruise (medium rates, gear up, flaps up) and wings swept (low rates, flaps disabled).

Each flight mode, specifically with wings swept, require different trims. Will my NX10 store the trim settings for each flight mode?
                            Yes. Go into Trim Setup (from the setup menu screen) and set the trim type to "F Mode" instead of "Common".

Comment

• Originally posted by vicentel View Post

Hi Guys - Thanks for the quick replies. What I mean is I want to be able to proportionally control the swing of the wings. Rather than having the "landing gear" type mechanism (2 position) that they are currently where they are either fully swept or fully forward. But I would be happy with a 3 position wing with a mid-sweep setting.

My thinking is along the lines of removing the current swing wing servos and replace them with 2x high torque servos (I found 35kg stall torque @ 6V). Use long aluminum servo arms that clamp on to the spline (~1.25"-1.5"). I would have to design a way to mount the servos, probably 1/16" (~1.5mm) thick aluminum plate.

Cheers,
                              Vic
                              So I decided to start this little project. I was able to find an L-shaped aluminum bar stock, a couple of High Torque Savox standard size servos (which includes the metal servo arm). I was able to construct a bracket and base the mounting holes on the standard out-of-the-box bracket. I was able to get everything to fit and programed the mid-sweep and tied it to my flight mode switch. The servos pictured here are not the final ones I used, these though we strong had no holding power. I did manage to maiden my F-14 with this mod and was successful. I'll try to get some video of the flight when I get back from my business trip.

I modified the Freewing-14 wingsweep mechanism to have a proportional sweep. Instead of the standard modified landing gear servos for the sweep, which effec...

I modified the Freewing-14 wingsweep mechanism to have a proportional sweep. Instead of the standard modified landing gear servos for the sweep, which effec...

Cheers,
                              Vic
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by vicentel View Post

So I decided to start this little project. I was able to find an L-shaped aluminum bar stock, a couple of High Torque Savox standard size servos (which includes the metal servo arm). I was able to construct a bracket and base the mounting holes on the standard out-of-the-box bracket. I was able to get everything to fit and programed the mid-sweep and tied it to my flight mode switch. The servos pictured here are not the final ones I used, these though we strong had no holding power. I did manage to maiden my F-14 with this mod and was successful. I'll try to get some video of the flight when I get back from my business trip.

Cheers,
                                Vic
                                Oh yeah! That's awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Danonino View Post
                                  Greetings,

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Yes. Go into Trim Setup (from the setup menu screen) and set the trim type to "F Mode" instead of "Common".
                                  So, did it work out OK?

Comment

• There has to be, my frsky does it, I would think a bigger company like spektrum would definitely have it as well.

Comment

There has to be, my frsky does it, I would think a bigger company like spektrum would definitely have it as well.
                                      What is this a reply to?

Comment

• Storing trims for flight modes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Storing trims for flight modes?
                                          In that case, already answered:

Comment

Working...
                                          X