• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some shots outside..
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
      Some shots outside..
      CN, Great repaint. Diggin' the extra attention you paid to the fuselage shaping and nozzle work. Nicely done. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally got to maiden my T33 today, what a sweet flying jet!
        Handled the well cut grass at the field easily, and landed nicely with one stage of flap. 45% left in the Admiral 5000 pack with 3 minutes set on the throttle activated timer, so I reckon I can cautiously increase the flight time a little.
        Very happy with this jet!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
          Here are the final 3DP parts for the cockpit.
          - Front panel coaming. I trimmed mine by 4mm in height.
          - Canopy arch plus mirror and compass housing
          - Canopy frame cross brace (located above rear coaming).

I found a nice file for a control stick and scaled it down:
          This is a replica of a B8 Flight Stick used in many helicopters and fighter jets. The model has holes cut out to place m10x1.25 nuts which is the thread size used for many shift knobs. I did my best to recreate the shape of the knob based on many photographs.

Click image for larger version Name:	Final cockpit parts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	241316Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3581.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	241323Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3584.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	241324Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3585.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	241325
          How would i go about finding these additional canopy files to print ? I found the list of a handful of files just now , but i cant find the speed brakes or your mirror component set for the cockpit?
          can i buy them somewhere? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifeedge98 View Post

How would i go about finding these additional canopy files to print ? I found the list of a handful of files just now , but i cant find the speed brakes or your mirror component set for the cockpit?
            can i buy them somewhere? Thanks in advance!
            DISREGARD I FOUND THEM!! SORRY!

Comment

• First video of my highly modded t33

Comment

• Testing EDF unit.

I bought me EFlite F4 II with FMS 80mm 12 blade, ( 3270 2000Kv )
                So I was wondering difference between FW 80mm 9 blade ( 3658 1920Kv ) and FMS 80mm 12 blade.
                So I used Phantom as test plane.
                Results:

1. FMS EDF Unit Static trust: 2.25 Kg, Amp: 96.7A, Volts: 22.85
                2. FW EDF Unit Static trust: 2.25 Kg, Amp: 108.1A, Volts: 22.83

Conclusion:

FW EDF Unit is consuming more current than the FMS EDF unit at full throttle testing static trust.
                Also I had thought that less blades would use less amps

Greets Hans

I will put FMS EDF Unit in my T33 and see how it will perform in flight compared to my FW EDF Unit.

Well the FMS EDF unit does not fit in T33 ore I have to make adjustment sadly.
                Last edited by timmybeetle; Oct 21, 2021, 12:30 AM. Reason: FMS EDF doesn't fit in T33

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                  Some shots outside..
                  Superbly done, Corsair Nut!

davegee

Comment

• First video of a two parter. In this one, Brent gives us a good walk around to discuss the various details and mods. He also tells a funny aviation tale, that involves the background of the model's subject matter 😉

Enjoy 😎!

Comment

• And Brent's flight demo of his superb T-33 Shooting Star recently at St. George Utah 😎

Enjoy 😁!

Comment

• Say bye to the Liftwaffe version
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                          Say bye to the Liftwaffe version
                          F22, Ummm; something really , no doubt. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

F22, Ummm; something really , no doubt. Best, LB
                            Going this direction LB, without the tip tanks and with the Early round wing tips.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Elbee
                              Elbee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Definitely qualifies as "Cool". Aluminum Finish or a painted finish on the original livery? Looking forward to seeing your progress. Best, LB

• I didn’t at all like the silver metallic, so I tried what was supposed to be metallic gray. So much for the T-bird scheme.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I didn’t at all like the silver metallic, so I tried what was supposed to be metallic gray. So much for the T-bird scheme.
                              F2, Do we get a sneak preview of the new livery? Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

F2, Do we get a sneak preview of the new livery? Best, LB

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
                                  Testing EDF unit.

I bought me EFlite F4 II with FMS 80mm 12 blade, ( 3270 2000Kv )
                                  So I was wondering difference between FW 80mm 9 blade ( 3658 1920Kv ) and FMS 80mm 12 blade.
                                  So I used Phantom as test plane.
                                  Results:

1. FMS EDF Unit Static trust: 2.25 Kg, Amp: 96.7A, Volts: 22.85
                                  2. FW EDF Unit Static trust: 2.25 Kg, Amp: 108.1A, Volts: 22.83

Conclusion:

FW EDF Unit is consuming more current than the FMS EDF unit at full throttle testing static trust.
                                  Also I had thought that less blades would use less amps

Greets Hans

I will put FMS EDF Unit in my T33 and see how it will perform in flight compared to my FW EDF Unit.

Well the FMS EDF unit does not fit in T33 ore I have to make adjustment sadly.
                                  That would probably be due to pitch differences? Or maybe the 9 blade is grabbing more air and the 12 blade is developing vacume pockets between blades allowing for alittle less load? Just some thoughts.. also if you have a 3d printer you can print a shorter ring to fit on the fms fan so you don't have to cut foam, I seen one on thingiverse. Just search for freewing.

Comment

• Unfortunately, it’s not just the ring. It’s the whole fan unit. On the most part, FMS fans are 1mm to 2mm bigger in diameter than the Freewing counterpart. Sometimes, even the length of the fans are not the same. This creates a further necessity to hog out some foam. I’ve installed FMS fans into FW planes and without gouging out foam, the hatch doesn’t fully seat flush. There is always about a 2mm hump. I use colored electrical tape and tape all around hatch to help with aerodynamics. To make it flush, I’d have to hog out about 1mm all the way around the fan housing.
                                    90mm EDFs tend to be more similar between FMS and FW.

Comment

• Ah gotcha, thats a bummer

Comment

Hint
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X