X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlinkenBlonk View Post
    I'm going to maiden my T-33 tomorrow. Just one question. The manual says the elevator and aileron high rate is 20mm. There is no way I get 20mm. More like 13mm. I have all the linkages setup on the recommended holes. Anyone else here notice on 100% rates and the recommended horn holes that 20mm is not possible? Just interested what other people are measuring on their rates?

I was going to upload a video of my lights fitter from the L-39 but it won't permit me to upload an MP4 file
    I use a Spektrum DX9 and believe I settled in on 80% high, 70% mid-range and 60% low rates. My rudder is always 125% be it high, mid or low. Expo to taste. As for lipos, I use an Admiral PRO 6000mah pack and she handles it just fine. I didn't know about the nose weight and will be sure to remove it now since my lipo can easily settle CoG. No sense in having 3oz of dead weight in the nose. I get 5 minute flight times on mixed throttle with assurance of 1 or likely 2 go arounds if the approach looks bad.

Great flying plane. No bad tendencies and slows down well. Don't worry about the 12 bladed fan. The stock has plenty of that "whooosh!" sound you're looking for. Trust me. I've had people come and ask me about mine. It's easily my favorite plane. Now I just need to get better at landing her.

*Oh, heavily second the re-gluing of the gear. I had a bounce landing that was a little hard and didn't realize it knocked a gear loose. It shook loose during the taking off roll out, and once airborne the wind pulled on the gear until it was sticking out by several inches. I made the wrong choice to land gear down, instead of belly landing in the grass and sacrificing one gear. I paid for it when a crosswind gusted during my flair and flipped the plane clear over and her speed was too slow to recover. Impact broke the rudder and gear mounts. I ordered new parts today to make repairs.

**Has anyone had intermittent issues with their nose gear not coming down? I haven't been able to replicate the problem but I've noticed the gear didn't come down once or twice. Took another toggling of the gear switch to get it down. It was happening before the hard landing, so not sure what the cause is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post

**Has anyone had intermittent issues with their nose gear not coming down? I haven't been able to replicate the problem but I've noticed the gear didn't come down once or twice. Took another toggling of the gear switch to get it down. It was happening before the hard landing, so not sure what the cause is.
      Hi

it's been mentioned before in this thread
      Freewing 80mm T-33 Shooting Star Both models for banner.jpg Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33 that flew with over 40 countries between 1948 and 2017, the Freewing T-33 faithfully represents this amazing aircraft! Constructed from EPO foam,

grts

Comment

• I flew my new T-33 four flights today with great success. I had made some very minor mods to help the plane get off the ground better....shortened the main gear struts about 3mm and changed to a smaller diameter main gear wheel. Only other mod was removing the nose weight. I started with the flight timer set to 4:00 and the 6000mah battery was at 50% after landing. I increased the flight time each flight and finally landed with the batt at 30% after 6:40 of throttle operation. No issues with the blue box or anything else. CG is on the tape just in front of the main gear doors; a little aft of what the manual calls for. The 850g battery is pushed all the way forward as far as possible....seems perfect.

The plane flys as well as everyone says it does! Fast, rolls on a string, big impressive vertical maneuvers, etc. Take off from grass was so easy....30 degrees of flap and off in ~150 feet of roll. Landings were baby bottom smooth...just lowered flaps to 45 degrees and kept the nose flat until touchdown.

Comment

• Loving the T-33. What a nice flying plane.

Comment

• Congrats radford! The T-33 is definitely a great flyer.

Comment

• Where in the nose is this weight hidden?

Comment

• This jet makes me sad Everytime I fly it.

I'm sad that my timer has expired and it's time to land.

Comment

• Yeah and it goes by fast. I can't wait til new battery technology makes its way to our hands.

Comment

• Im weighing options of either this plane or the hsd. Only thing I'm not too sure about the hsd is the 12s system. That's alot of battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Droptanks View Post
                      Where in the nose is this weight hidden?
                      If you type in "nose weight" into the thread's search engine, you would have found this: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...998#post239998

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        If you type in "nose weight" into the thread's search engine, you would have found this: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...998#post239998
                        Well I see this a lot people asking questions if they google ore use search tool you could find answer to yours question........😎

Freewing 80mm T-33 Shooting Star Both models for banner.jpg Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33 that flew with over 40 countries between 1948 and 2017, the Freewing T-33 faithfully represents this amazing aircraft! Constructed from EPO foam,

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post

Well I see this a lot people asking questions if they google ore use search tool you could find answer to yours question........😎

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...400#post311400
                          Yes, the problem is this happens mostly with "new" forum people and they haven't figured out the forum or thread search feature or Google search. Most forum members, when they see a question that has been dealt with many times before, they won't reply, so to the new person asking, this seems like they are being ignored and people here are just a bit unfriendly, maybe more so than telling them to go do a search. So, I search for them and show them what I found. If a dummy like me can find it by searching, I'm sure a normal person can do it just as easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            Hello, this is how I used the saved weight.
                            Since I use the Optotronix Aurora LCU EVO2 LED control system for my lighting, I took the opportunity to replace the weights in the nose of the Freewing T-33 with a LiIo battery. For this I have created the possibility of replacing the battery and changing it from the front. The nose holds magnetically and you need eight magnets with 5 x 2 mm.
                            The files for the 3DPUP can be found here https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...0-battery-slot
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rucky View Post

Hello, this is how I used the saved weight.
                              Nice work, but you still have the problem of too much weight in the nose of the plane! A small LiFe battery slipped in behind the flight battery would be so much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Nice work, but you still have the problem of too much weight in the nose of the plane! A small LiFe battery slipped in behind the flight battery would be so much better.
                                Hello, with my used RED Power 6S 5500 25C, which has 672gr, I unfortunately still need the weight in my nose.

Comment

• Today I finally got to put this Great flying Warbird into the air for the first time! Hands off right out of the box. I added a full nav-light set using the included blue box. Excellent Trainer with Mild manors at low speed. Cruising at half throttle was very comfortable. Great control dispite 15 MPH Crosswinds! This bird will get Many more flights on it.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by KC8REH View Post
                                    Today I finally got to put this Great flying Warbird into the air for the first time! Hands off right out of the box. I added a full nav-light set using the included blue box. Excellent Trainer with Mild manors at low speed. Cruising at half throttle was very comfortable. Great control dispite 15 MPH Crosswinds! This bird will get Many more flights on it.
                                    Big congratz !!!
                                    https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Here's a nice acrobatic T-33 flight from my clubmember Hans.

Somewhere halfway the flight the wind started to pick up seriously but the landing was all good

Enjoy the vid!

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Nose gear retract failures…..

Have any of you had any problems with the nose gear retract failing? I have around 30 flights on my T-33 now and I have to say it flies awesome. About a week and a half ago, I was flying and the nose gear retract started to become intermittent. A friend said he had the same problem and he felt it was an issue with the blue box. He bypassed the blue box for just the nose retract and Y’ed it directly to the receiver into channel 5. This worked….at first, then the intermittent issue came back. So I chalked it up to a bad retract and just ordered a new retract since they are reasonably cheap. I installed the new retract and put 6 flights on the plane today and on flight 6 the new nose retract refused to come down…..didn’t matter what I tried or how many cycles, it wouldn’t come down. So belly land again it was, unfortunately this time it skinned up the belly a bit….So the question is why am I having so much trouble with these retract mechanisms failing? Outwardly I see nothing wrong and I didn’t modify anything. Airplane is bone stock. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, is there a fix? Gear up landings are getting old….
                                        Travis

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                                          Nose gear retract failures…..

Have any of you had any problems with the nose gear retract failing? I have around 30 flights on my T-33 now and I have to say it flies awesome. About a week and a half ago, I was flying and the nose gear retract started to become intermittent. A friend said he had the same problem and he felt it was an issue with the blue box. He bypassed the blue box for just the nose retract and Y’ed it directly to the receiver into channel 5. This worked….at first, then the intermittent issue came back. So I chalked it up to a bad retract and just ordered a new retract since they are reasonably cheap. I installed the new retract and put 6 flights on the plane today and on flight 6 the new nose retract refused to come down…..didn’t matter what I tried or how many cycles, it wouldn’t come down. So belly land again it was, unfortunately this time it skinned up the belly a bit….So the question is why am I having so much trouble with these retract mechanisms failing? Outwardly I see nothing wrong and I didn’t modify anything. Airplane is bone stock. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, is there a fix? Gear up landings are getting old….
                                          Travis
                                          Yes I have. Flattened the nose perfectly.

The problem is in the sequence in the blue box.

You can either remove just the nose gear from the blue box and y it to the receiver and the blue box (it will deploy immediately while mains will be on delay) . If you don't like the difference in timing, take the extra time and disconnect the mains from the wing cable and blue box and y harness the main and nose gear directly.to the receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                          X