Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. GO NAVY!

Comment

• Son of a bitch! Now I need another one.... She is beautiful brother!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
        Son of a bitch! Now I need another one.... She is beautiful brother!
        Thanks Jay! There are some USMC schemes out there. S.F.

Comment

• Hey, guys...

I bought a T-33 like 2+ weeks ago and I got covid! Ive been in the hospital and didnt even have time to open her up and look at the electronics.

Can you guys weigh in on the blue box? Ive seen mentions of pilots bypassing it to prevent signal loss/brownouts or whatever issue it is causing.

What do I need connector wise to by pass it? Doors are sequenced, right? Do they need to be rigged separately on a delay circuit and maybe plugged into a 3 way Y adapter? How many delay circuits would I need to run?

Im kinda bored sitting here for days on end in this hospotal bed and researching parts and solutions keeps my mind busy. Thanks!

**Also, if anyone from Motion reads this, can I get some kind of break or exception if I have an issue with the plane once zi can finally open it? I had no chance to prepare or know this would happen. Im sure the plane is fine, but there is no way I will be in a normal return window to address possible issues once I get home.

Comment

• Arycon- First and foremost, I hope you are getting better. Personally, I blame that fat rodent in Punxatawny for everything. 6 more weeks of winter my eye. This is how stuff starts. Next thing you know, dogs and cats will be living together.

I have close to 100 flights on my T-33 and have never had an issue with the BB. Not suggesting for a moment that others haven't, I am simply offering a data point. Maybe I got lucky and got a good one, or maybe I am just due and jinxed the whole thing. Just one more item to blame on Phil the furry prognosticator of doom and gloom.

Fear not. If you choose to bypass, it is really not that complicated and depending on the solution used, it may not require any Y connectors at all. Depending on the type of Tx you have, some have the ability to sequence doors and gear through the programming. I know my DX18 can even though I have not used it. The other option that I personally use on other jets is aftermarket sequencers. You can spend a lot ($60+) or you can spend a little ($8). Some allow you to program the speed of the retraction or extension for scale looks, some just do the basics. The basic ones will have plug ins for gear and doors. In short, the number of inputs the sequencer has will lead you to the number of Y connectors you will need. Some of the better ones will have separate plug in's for main gear, nose gear, tail wheel, doors, etc. and will allow you to program the door action. On some full scale aircraft like P-51's and T-45's for example, the doors will close again after the gear is down. Our T-33's should have doors open when gear is down. Turnigy, FMS, JP Hobby and a host of others all make sequencers. Here is another source I have found to have super quality stuff: https://www.davesrce.com/product-pag...door-sequencer. No, I am not a paid shill. I just have used several of his products and found them to be reliable.

Best of luck to you and get well soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravity tester View Post
              If you choose to bypass, it is really not that complicated and depending on the solution used, it may not require any Y connectors at all. Depending on the type of Tx you have, some have the ability to sequence doors and gear through the programming. I know my DX18 can even though I have not used it. The other option that I personally use on other jets is aftermarket sequencers. You can spend a lot ($60+) or you can spend a little ($8). Some allow you to program the speed of the retraction or extension for scale looks, some just do the basics. The basic ones will have plug ins for gear and doors. In short, the number of inputs the sequencer has will lead you to the number of Y connectors you will need. Some of the better ones will have separate plug in's for main gear, nose gear, tail wheel, doors, etc. and will allow you to program the door action. On some full scale aircraft like P-51's and T-45's for example, the doors will close again after the gear is down. Our T-33's should have doors open when gear is down. Turnigy, FMS, JP Hobby and a host of others all make sequencers. Here is another source I have found to have super quality stuff: https://www.davesrce.com/product-pag...door-sequencer. No, I am not a paid shill. I just have used several of his products and found them to be reliable.
              Whoops. Well, that was embarrassing. I figured I should hustle back here and correct myself before it becomes too obvious that I am off my rocker. I got so excited trying to help,I didn't think thru the details. In short, if you choose to bypass the blue box, there is no need for a door sequencer on the FW T-33. The gear doors on the T-33 are all spring loaded and not servo operated. The retracting of the gear presses spring loaded levers on the doors causing the doors to close and hold them in place. So... If you have a spare channel on the Rx that you can tie to the gear channel, you would only need a single Y connector to bring the main gear to the Rx. So still, not too complicated.

Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

• Here's a short vid of a flight with my Belgian T-33 when I had a short visit in Germany in september 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                  Finished a Christmas present last night. Callie makes some great graphics! This is an early 50’s TV2, stationed at NAF Kingsville, Texas, ATU-200.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7651E424-D2A4-4041-A9A8-C17A4EA2014E.jpeg
Views:	1053
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	296431Click image for larger version

Name:	C7D7D687-FC37-4FB8-B0AF-8801288BCCFD.jpeg
Views:	1087
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	296432
                  what a great looking livery! nice job
                  https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post

what a great looking livery! nice job
                    Thank you for the kind compliment! Still looking forward to flying it when the weather improves.

Comment

• My attempt at recreating the RCAF CT-133 Red Knight at the Jet Aircraft Museum in London, Ontario.

Graphics by Callie. Various 3D printed parts from files provided graciously by Radar-Guy including speed brakes. Landing lights, tip tank navs and strobes, top and bottom fuselage flashing red beacons, and white tail strobe.

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	303754

Name:	JAM Red Knight.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	303755

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	303756

Name:	IMG_1232.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	303757

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	303758

Name:	IMG_1206.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	303762Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	303760

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	303761
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
                        My attempt at recreating the RCAF CT-133 Red Knight at the Jet Aircraft Museum in London, Ontario.

Graphics by Callie. Various 3D printed parts from files provided graciously by Radar-Guy including speed brakes. Landing lights, tip tank navs and strobes, top and bottom fuselage flashing red beacons, and white tail strobe.

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	303754

Name:	JAM Red Knight.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	303755

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	303756

Name:	IMG_1232.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	303757

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	303758

Name:	IMG_1206.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	303762Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	303760

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	303761
                        Turned out awesome looking, very nice job......

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
                          My attempt at recreating the RCAF CT-133 Red Knight at the Jet Aircraft Museum in London, Ontario.

Great job! Thanks for the shoutout.

Comment

• your T-33's look all shiny bright perfect and in immaculate condition, mine came a bit into the age and rather neglected maintenance-wise, shame on me...

... but of course still performs excellently well in the air!!

Name:	IMG_1791.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	303804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1795.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	303806Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	303803

Name:	IMG_1793.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	303807
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Just incredible work man! :-) Bravo !
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Fantastic work @JP-403 ! The weathering and the details are spot on!

Comment

• Finally! Maiden day for this airplane. Three flights total, not much to complain about. Easy to see, easy to fly, and it truly rips! I was surprised with its speed. Not something you’d expect from a straight winged jet.

Name:	08D0D3CE-3427-478E-A1C9-DF45FCD2C2D8.jpeg
Views:	527
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	305127

Comment

• Awesome, congrats!

Comment

• I decided not to repaint mine, but just color and weather some of the panels seperately, added some nomenclature and call it done....
                                      Really like how it turned out..

Name:	P1050019.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	305445

Name:	P1050020.JPG
Views:	495
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	305444

cheers,

Didier
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Sometimes simpler is better! Great job. I like how you accented the fuse parting line and not on the red line like some people assume. The red line is actually where the forward support of the tail cradle goes when that section is removed.

Comment

• Some gorgeous paint schemes guys. Thanks for sharing.
                                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X