Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you get the graphics??
    Inquiring minds want to know LOL
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Please can somebody advise on the optimum c/g?

The stated 95mm seems very far forward, I have read that 1/4" back from that (20mm=/-) is better.

Comments please?

Comment

• Originally posted by PHOENIXFLIER View Post
        Please can somebody advise on the optimum c/g?

The stated 95mm seems very far forward, I have read that 1/4" back from that (20mm=/-) is better.

Comments please?
        I have been flying mine at the recommended CG for a year now and intend to ease it back in 5mm increments. It flies like a nose heavy plane and Takeoff roll is longer than it should be for this aircraft. I’ve been flying off a 3500’ paved landing strip with it but will be flying it off my grass strip at home this spring and summer and would like to see better performance.

Richard

Comment

• Thx Richard,

I have got a 4500 6s as far forward as it will go and have still had to add 60g of the dreaded lead to the nose. At present it is more or less spot on the 95mm. Be interested to hear from others as to their findings. On the other hand, I am wary of moving it too far back and ending up with a tip stalling horror!.

Safe flying. Simon.

Comment

Thx Richard,

I have got a 4500 6s as far forward as it will go and have still had to add 60g of the dreaded lead to the nose. At present it is more or less spot on the 95mm. Be interested to hear from others as to their findings. On the other hand, I am wary of moving it too far back and ending up with a tip stalling horror!.

Safe flying. Simon.
            I don’t know how much your 4500 weighs but I run Admiral 5000 and SMC 5000 and these batteries average a weight of around 750-760 grams. These batteries don’t come close to the forward section of the battery compartment and I don’t need to add any weight at all. If I get the weather this week I intend to start with a 100mm CG index and go from there. I suspect I will find the sweet spot and I’ll let you know. I don’t wanna go to far aft for the book CG does well I just feel I could tweak it a little.

Richard

Comment

• Thx Richard.

The 4500 weighs 647gms and it fits right up against the firewall.

I have removed the extra lead and now the cg is at 100mm.

Having read nearly all the 79 pages! this seems to be the sweet spot for many pilots.

I found out that there is added weight fitted already in the nose.

Maiden soon!.

Comment

Thx Richard.

Having read nearly all the 79 pages! this seems to be the sweet spot for many pilots.

Maiden soon!.
                Oh good! Report back on your maiden flight and tell us how it went. I really like my T-33, flies well and is visually an easy plane to see. I’ve had mine for a year now and it hasn’t a ding on it, it’s still like new. I think you will like it.

Richard

Comment

Thx Richard.

Maiden soon!.
                  I removed the steel weights from the nose and use my heaviest 6S 6000mah batt's all the way forward. Great flying characteristics and 6 min flights.

Comment

• Flew the P-80 wings on the Shooting Star for the Jet Jam in Phoenix this weekend. Always a few inquiries as to who makes the P-80?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2602B18C-DB45-4669-87CF-DBE1486DF830.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.6 KB ID:	371095

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                      Flew the P-80 wings on the Shooting Star for the Jet Jam in Phoenix this weekend..
                      F22, she's gorgeous. Best, LB

thanks LB. Always a good day hearing from you!
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• T-33 Main Gear Retracts SKU-E840 & SKU-E841: I need to purchase a retract for my T-33. There are 2 different retracts listed and both descriptions don't clarify the difference between the 2. Can I use either one in either the right side or left side? Or is each one dedicated as a right retract and a left rectract. No one on Motion's chat line knew the answer and the chat line agent was asking his colleagues too. No answer. Alpha, any help? Anyone?

Comment

Please can somebody advise on the optimum c/g?

Comments please?
                          I flown mine for several years now. I've used 4500 and 5000 lipos from several sources. I slide my batteries forward until the CG is slightly nose heavy and the plane tips nose down from the balance points. This ends up having the battery being slid forward until it just slides past the forward edge of the canopy access hole in the fuse. The 4500 6S batteries are slightly lighter than the the 5000 6S Roaring Top batteries so I end up sliding the 4500 ones a little more forward and they end up being a little (like 1/4 to 1/2 inch) up into the nose of the fuselage. Hope this helps.

Comment

• I'm expecting delivery of my T-33 tomorrow. Been flying for 5 years and have amassed a collection of 30 planes, mostly scale foamies with a few balsa arfs from civilian twins to warbirds ranging from 1200 - 2000mm. I consider myself a reasonably competent intermediate pilot. Figured it was time for my first jet and the T-33 seemed like a good choice. I have several 6s 5000, 5300 and 6200 SMC/Liperior/LiperiAir lipos so achieving a cg from 95-105mm should not be an issue. Plan to use a spare Spektrum AR620 rx. I spent about 2 hours perusing this thread and it seems there are no significant issues with T-33. Is there anything I should know before I assemble and maiden? Book rates to start? Thanks for any advice

Comment

• Sounds like you are ready to me...

Comment

• Thanks. I think I'm pretty much prepared, other than rates. They seem to be all over the place. Some go by the book while many go with somewhat to significantly reduced rates. I typically set up high, mid and low rates by the book or at 100%/85%/70% and adjust after maiden. On the T-33 I have no idea for the maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                  I'm expecting delivery of my T-33 tomorrow. Been flying for 5 years and have amassed a collection of 30 planes, mostly scale foamies with a few balsa arfs from civilian twins to warbirds ranging from 1200 - 2000mm. I consider myself a reasonably competent intermediate pilot. Figured it was time for my first jet and the T-33 seemed like a good choice. I have several 6s 5000, 5300 and 6200 SMC/Liperior/LiperiAir lipos so achieving a cg from 95-105mm should not be an issue. Plan to use a spare Spektrum AR620 rx. I spent about 2 hours perusing this thread and it seems there are no significant issues with T-33. Is there anything I should know before I assemble and maiden? Book rates to start? Thanks for any advice
                                  Get comfortable landing it with either no flaps or 1 flap, before you try full flaps.
                                  she’s a funn flyer and quite spirited. Low rates can help with first flight jitters.

Comment

• Set it up per the manual. Floats forever so practice approaches. I flew mine yesterday after it sitting for a year and it was just a couple of fun no surprise flights. I forgot just how much fun this one is to fly.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Get comfortable landing it with either no flaps or 1 flap, before you try full flaps.
                                      she’s a funn flyer and quite spirited. Low rates can help with first flight jitters.
                                      Yeah I always use just one stage of flap for landing mine, lands great but does run on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                        I'm expecting delivery of my T-33 tomorrow. Been flying for 5 years and have amassed a collection of 30 planes, mostly scale foamies with a few balsa arfs from civilian twins to warbirds ranging from 1200 - 2000mm. I consider myself a reasonably competent intermediate pilot. Figured it was time for my first jet and the T-33 seemed like a good choice. I have several 6s 5000, 5300 and 6200 SMC/Liperior/LiperiAir lipos so achieving a cg from 95-105mm should not be an issue. Plan to use a spare Spektrum AR620 rx. I spent about 2 hours perusing this thread and it seems there are no significant issues with T-33. Is there anything I should know before I assemble and maiden? Book rates to start? Thanks for any advice
                                        Remove the heavy steel weights from the nose and then use your largest batteries to achieve the proper CG. You will then be able to fly for over 6 minutes.

Comment

• What brand name and number code on can for red and silver touch up for the T-33?

Comment

Working...
                                          X