X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post

Why thank you very much sir. Got my CG nailed, weight added to the tail, very satisfied. Just did four full power takeoff runs lifting the nose and aborting on my runway on my property... the plane has a nice even nose rise and I’m pleased with that. It’s a perfect day to fly it but with 110’ pines surround the property, although I’m comfortable with my Venom, I’m taking it to the nearby RC field which is wide open and I don’t have to navigate a new plane through the pines. BTW, is anyone running a gyro?

JPR
    I'm using a gyro, 2 in fact. Using the 10 channel Spektrum AS3X with different gains on fly around mode and higher gains with gear down for take-off and landing covering the surface controls. I also have a Hobby Eagle gyro tied into the 3 directions on the thrust vectoring nozzles. It probably doesn't need a gyro but any help I can get, I'm there. Waiting for complete autopilot where I can sit back with Jack in one hand and a Cuban in the other and get compliments on what a great pilot I am!
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I use an AL-3 gyro on mine, with an extra capacitor for safety. I like the "locked in feeling" the gyro gives me (I don't have the gains set very high). But really, this jet is quite stable and doesn't really need a gyro - and the funny thing is that sometimes I have forgotten to turn on the gyro and didn't immediately notice!
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post

I ate some humble pie on this one. Curious to explore the minds of the MiG engineers.
        Perhaps you could reach out to the folks at RusJet. They worked closely with the design bureaus to make accurate scale replicas, including all the quirks of the full-scale planes.

Comment

• I'm having an issue getting the canopy sitting tight there's a gap all the way down what a shame for a beautiful plane

Comment

• Originally posted by richard_petrosky@aol.com View Post
            I'm having an issue getting the canopy sitting tight there's a gap all the way down what a shame for a beautiful plane
            I have a gap but only when some of the wiring running down the sides are too lumpy and prevent the canopy from closing all the way. There's a lot of wiring. Move the wiring a bit towards the interior and no more gap. The canopy has a ridge on each side that must be able to sit flush with the floor. If the wiring gets between the ridge and the floor, it can't go down enough.

Comment

I'm having an issue getting the canopy sitting tight there's a gap all the way down what a shame for a beautiful plane
              RP, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, glad to have you onboard, Sir. What xviper wrote about the wiring is a good tip. Post pictures of the issue here if you can't resolve it. It is possible others have had a similar problem. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Welcome RP,
                Assuming you are using the middle battery tray (don’t use the front bay), many batteries will require a little foam removal from inside the top of the lid. Put some grease pencil or other soft tracer material on the top corners of the middle battery and set the lid on. Remove and inspect for marks on the foam. Remove a little foam then repeat until the battery no longer touches the foam.

FYI...I fly in hot summer weather, so I cut a small hole ahead of each fan to the inside hollow of the fuselage and glued a thin shim under a part of the canopy to keep a small air gap open so the fans suck air from the battery/BEC compartment to keep things cooler up front. Photo below...shows measurements in centimeters from the fan cover cavity edge and fan front (4.5 and 2.5). The hole is made into the foam side that is nearest the fuselage center for each fan. The cavity beyond the hole goes all the way to the cockpit. The amount of airflow through the cockpit is now LARGE!

Strongly suggest you take the time to read all the posts in this MiG forum before you maiden. You ‘ll learn a lot about needed mods and flight characteristics….to the point of helping you prevent a crash.

-GG

(aluminum tape was one of the "attempts" to add RF noise shielding so the FFS servo wires on the other side of the ESCs see less RF noise).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vent Cut for MiG-29.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	334393

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    I have a gap but only when some of the wiring running down the sides are too lumpy and prevent the canopy from closing all the way. There's a lot of wiring. Move the wiring a bit towards the interior and no more gap. The canopy has a ridge on each side that must be able to sit flush with the floor. If the wiring gets between the ridge and the floor, it can't go down enough.
                    The location of the electronics in this model leaves a lot to be desired ... I started building my own by tidying up the electronics and slightly modifying the interior.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• There's so many places to put receiver, MCBe, satellites and run wires I think it's about the best... Every plane, to me, needs wire management.

Comment

• Cables tidy, I'm getting on with the rest of the modifications. I was able to fit probably the largest package that can fit in this model :) Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_153848.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	334911Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_153925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	334912Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_153925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	334917Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_153914.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.7 KB ID:	334914Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_153901.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	334915Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_154247.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	334913

Comment

• Time for some more cool MiG shots in slowmo ^^

Comment

• deleted cross postings

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                              Posting here to reach a more general audience.

My main transmitter is in the shop, but today was such a beautiful day that I drug out my old 2016 vintage birds (and older radio equipment, of course) to get some flying in.

. . .

Is this a symptom of 5G? Are we going to start seeing loss of control events when flying near cell towers, now? Thoughts/Comments? Have any of you seen this?

-GG
                              "According to Huawei data on RRU/BBU needs per site, the typical 5G site has power needs of over 11.5 kilowatts, up nearly 70% from a base station deploying a mix of 2G, 3G and 4G radios. "

Your TX has output less than 1 watt. Probably much less.

The pure e/m output of these sites is enough to swamp nearby unshielded electronic components regardless of frequency band.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

"According to Huawei data on RRU/BBU needs per site, the typical 5G site has power needs of over 11.5 kilowatts, up nearly 70% from a base station deploying a mix of 2G, 3G and 4G radios. "

Your TX has output less than 1 watt. Probably much less.

The pure e/m output of these sites is enough to swamp nearby unshielded electronic components regardless of frequency band.
                                Ouch.... RCers beware!

Thanks, GG

Comment

• All of this so that selfies and tweets can be uploaded faster. So that the Kardashians can stay relevant. Is this going to make us more in touch or more out of touch.

Comment

• In an attempt to get the info out to more folks, I thought that cross posting would help.

I have deleted all the cross posts that the system would allow and will leave the thread in the RADIOS AND RECEIVERS thread.

-GG

Comment

• Here is a video of my gear door , landing light mock up testing.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000760474843
                                      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Now we're talkin'! Bravo, Jetman! Love the mod. Freewing should have done this right the 1st time.
                                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1812.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	336419Click image for larger version

Name:	1829.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	336420
                                          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Working...
                                          X