Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus there are so many different FMS, FW, EF combos who knows what’s really valid. Some even swap around fans or motors.

Comment

• dos anyone have a hobby eagle A 3 lite gyro in the jas 39 gripen

Comment

• I’m sure. I don’t have a gyro in either of mine…

Comment

• Originally posted by wperry38 View Post
          dos anyone have a hobby eagle A 3 lite gyro in the jas 39 gripen
          I have a HobbyEagle on mine. Just can't remember which one it is at the moment. Could be an A3-L or Lite. It's hooked up to the elevons and rudder.

Comment

• Originally posted by wperry38 View Post
            dos anyone have a hobby eagle A 3 lite gyro in the jas 39 gripen
            I had the A3-L version in mine and would have preferred the pro or at least the new lite. The A3-L only had one gain for all three axis, and the Gripen needs to have different gain on different axis in my opinion. If you feel that you need a gyro that is.

Comment

• I have the A3S3 in mine, working at 100Hz with digital servos (non-stock) that can take it. It works better than the previous S8R (FrSky stabilized receiver) I was using.
              It has less oscillation problems when flying in turbulent conditions. I will soon try and check how it does perform with a higher frequency.

Comment

• A3S3 in mine. Very happy with the way it works in this airframe.

Comment

• Does anyone else feel dirty adding so much power sucking weight to the tail of this bird? I must be in the 80-100 grams range to get on the 130-135 mm cg range

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
                    Does anyone else feel dirty adding so much power sucking weight to the tail of this bird? I must be in the 80-100 grams range to get on the 130-135 mm cg range
                    No. I added TV - a functional addition that moves the CG back. I also added the FMS2100kV edf.

A nicer looking 3DP nozzle helps with the CG too.

The Gripen needs weight in the tail to achieve an acceptable CG position. This nozzle has accommodation for up to 60g of small lead weights, in addition to weighing over 60 grams itself. Print wide-side down, with supports. You will need to peel off the plastic outer of the stock nozzle, and trim back the foam to leave a stub 13mm long to which you glue the new nozzle. I suggest taping the join on the inside to ensure smooth airflow,

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

No. I added TV - a functional addition that moves the CG back. I also added the FMS2100kV edf.

A nicer looking 3DP nozzle helps with the CG too.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4650359

That makes perfect sense if you like to throw her around like a rag doll :P my personal preference is realistic flight envelope and scale looks, i think the TV tail ruins the lines a bit too much for me.
                      I'll definitely be adding a more powerful power combo but i fear it might end up lighter than the original

Comment

That makes perfect sense if you like to throw her around like a rag doll :P my personal preference is realistic flight envelope and scale looks, i think the TV tail ruins the lines a bit too much for me.
                        I'll definitely be adding a more powerful power combo but i fear it might end up lighter than the original
                        The negativity is strong in this one.

Clearly you haven't tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

The negativity is strong in this one.

Clearly you haven't tried it.
                          guilty as charged, not tried thrust vectoring on an EDF. My inner scale nerd won't let me stick one on a jet that doesn't have one in the full size. or if it was just a generic sport jet that would be ok too. I'm strange like that though

Comment

• Dirty? Power sucking weight? Use lighter batteries, move stuff aft. You are adding a lot more weight than myself or others have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Dirty? Power sucking weight? Use lighter batteries, move stuff aft. You are adding a lot more weight than myself or others have.
                              Yeah dead weight, if its only there to balance the jet its surely detrimental to the power to weight ratio of the jet. I wonder could mine be nose heavier than others? I do have lighter 4000mah batteries on the way but I thought my 4400 mah wouldn't be too bad its only 650g.
                              On the "dirty" thing.. just doesnt feel right adding weight to the plane, might be old habits from gliders where for cg we add battery not lead

Comment

• I'm using 575g 5000's. Dremel a little foam so you can move it back further. Move everything aft as far as you can, receiver, gyro. Reduce weight where possible, I shorten ESC and battery leads and on some even the balance lead wires, all weight loss is good weight loss. Some remove the pilot figure. Add weight to the tail that is semi productive, an afterburner, nicer tail cone, (TV)...

Comment

• I'll have to get creative, the battery won't go back anymore I don't think. its quite narrow on its edge and is only about 10mm from the very back and that's due to the cables at the back of the bay. moved everything back already including the light controller and esc is as far back as it can go too Evan D what brand of batteries are you using? be interesting to see how light a battery I can get in and still have decent flight times.

Comment

• Not sure what you mean by the very back as the back tapers down pretty far back there. Get rid of everything behind the battery and move it back. put the light module under the battery tray, the receiver too. Here is mine, my 6S non-TV one.

Power Hobby 5000mAh 100C, probably not available where you are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2FD53E2A-1E7E-4E20-8D15-CF4432221DAC.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	357660Click image for larger version

Name:	64EBEF10-6D9A-491B-A53D-3E4F54F02F97.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	357661

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Not sure what you mean by the very back as the back tapers down pretty far back there. Get rid of everything behind the battery and move it back. put the light module under the battery tray, the receiver too. Here is mine, my 6S non-TV one.

Power Hobby 5000mAh 100C, probably not available where you are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2FD53E2A-1E7E-4E20-8D15-CF4432221DAC.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	357660Click image for larger version

Name:	64EBEF10-6D9A-491B-A53D-3E4F54F02F97.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	357661
                                      That wiring is so neat 😱. I've been messing with mine tonight, pulled all the cables from the battery bay into the rear of the jet to move as much stuff backwards as possible, I've pulled the ESC back as far as I feel comfortable and the Rx and led controller are now behind the wooden tray and under the rear of the battery. Let's hope that gives me a few grams of lead out of the tail

Comment

• It's worth the effort.

Comment

Does anyone else feel dirty adding so much power sucking weight to the tail of this bird? I must be in the 80-100 grams range to get on the 130-135 mm cg range
                                          I do.

Comment

Working...
                                          X