Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

AMA Foundation Jet Rally.org
    The vent in Ottumwa, never heard it called what you posted. I'll be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 401 FOOT CEILING View Post

Have been using a nail punch for larger rivets and a hollow point match bullet for the smaller rivets particularly found on the vertical stabs. Gives you a slightly raised center to mimic the appearance of the larger real flat rivets. WOW and others make raised rivet stencil patterns, too. May just make an impression and fill it with thick enamel with a fine hobby brush to mimic a raised rivet.
      I have also seen someone use med CA one tiny drop at a time. It took him weeks to complete. Once painted, looked like the real deal. Not a foamy

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        This might have something to do with it. The AR636 in itself, has some telemetry features so the TM1000 is providing a second telemetry signal. The two may be conflicting with each other. I've found that the built in telemetry is good for short range and other telemetry generally takes over when further away. How far? Depends on the telemetry unit and how the units are orientated. Also not a bad idea to "Y" it in some other port. I doubt it has anything to do with this issue and I doubt it will cause a brown out.
        That was the issue. Full signal on the transmitter. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Well than I received post OH Crap spinners too:)

Comment

• Now my problem is trying to figure out how to best paint the swirly pattern on my Arctic Camo! Or do I call on our favorite Cal Gal? :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7217.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	460.8 KB
ID:	83984
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Perhaps you can make a stencil first. Then trace onto
              Monocote trim tape. Only cost ya five bucks to find out. Run it up real good like on the ground to be sure
              Its going to stay put. If you have some already you can paint to suit before cutting or after.

Pete

Comment

• Am thinking the slight depression with the raised center from the hollow point match rifle bullet will give a nice raised surface and the surface tension on a small scale will keep the paint sitting high. Shall experiment.

Comment

• If you tap on this pic. The size may be right to trace with clear plastic sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Hi Shirty. Chances are you will have to stack them with this amount of battery weight, and with a lighter power system (the stock is pretty light overall), as well as move them further aft than mine show. I am not using the front battery tray at all, only for placement of my telemetry equipment. I originally had the batteries with one on the front tray and one on the rear tray, but I was still nose heavy even after moving them to a point where the front battery didn't have much of the strap left on it to secure it. Still being too nose heavy and the placement of the LiPo's at that point made me uncomfortable, so I decided to stack them to ensure proper CG, and have more room to adjust from there if needed.

The best way I found to calibrate and sync the power systems is to plug in the LiPo to the ESC leads without the BEC, then plug in the second LiPo to the ESC with the BEC.
                    Thanks mate! ;) (shudder to think how nose heavy I would have been on maiden using the front tray). I guess same goes for the 45c ones as well, just a slight bit forward? (Prob close to your pic?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Thanks mate! ;) (shudder to think how nose heavy I would have been on maiden using the front tray). I guess same goes for the 45c ones as well, just a slight bit forward? (Prob close to your pic?).
                      Probably, as the 45C version isn't too much lighter, but lighter none the less :).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                        If you tap on this pic. The size may be right to trace with clear plastic sheet.
                        Thanks Pete I will check that out!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Seen this?

Worth watching...

Airmen from the 25th Fighter Squadron launch four A-10 Thunderbolt II's from Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. The A-10's are flying to the Boneyard at Davis...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                            Well than I received post OH Crap spinners too:)
                            It wasn't an "oh crap" moment. The original idea was to leave the spinner unpainted, simplifying the mass production process. When some people chimed in that they wanted painted spinners, we looked into it, and found that the plastic of the spinner hub did not play nice with the paint we were using for the foam and other plastic parts (different type). So, instead of being an easy addition to the production process, we had to formulate another paint batch just for those pesky spinners. By the time that was ready and tested and approved for mass production, the first production series had already shipped.

I wagered that y'all would kill me if I held back the first shipments another six weeks just for spinners that you could paint in two minutes, ha ;)

The paint still isn't perfectly adherent on that weird type of plastic, so avoid bird strikes otherwise you'll incur some paint chipping. :)
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey Alpha... Now that the A-10 & Avanti S has hit the US shores .. What's next on the Hit Parade??Something for the empty Xmas stocking..:)

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                                Hey Alpha... Now that the A-10 & Avanti S has hit the US shores .. What's next on the Hit Parade??Something for the empty Xmas stocking..:)
                                You're all going to need bigger stockings...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• You're killing me, Alpha! In a good way of course! LOL

Comment

• For you guys doing the rivets, have a look: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-rub-on-rivets. Chad has been in the scale business a long time.

Wowplanes had something similar but their site is closed for ordering.

Comment

• I used Chad's rivets on my Legend Models P-38. It's fantastic. Looks amazing and sure as heck beats doing it manually. Highly recommended. Note: You would have to paint your plane as they come in aluminum color. I didn't have to paint because my P-38 was already silver.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Good news on my Grandson Noah, there is an exact match and the marrow transplant will be done soon. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I plan on seeing my daughter and grandson the end of September. They live in Southern Vermont. May bring a plane out that way to fly.

Tim T
                                        Tim, this is great news. I belong to a club with a field in Hoosick Falls, NY, right on the border of southern VT. Look me up when you come out this way to visit and we would love to have you come fly at our field. Here is a link to our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Hoosickaeromodelers/ Club is the Hoosick Aeromodelers.

Comment

I think that would be MS. :PLOL My wife's cousin lives Nashville and one in Knoxville.
                                          I keep forgetting about that area above the Ohio river...;)
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X