First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, it's all the Lasagna it ate.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Awesome! I've never seen that before. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed with anything else you're adding to it.
      I think this is what he is going for... have you not seen it before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-01-12-19-27-.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	84199

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Good luck in the sun with black paint. Alligator city.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Good luck in the sun with black paint. Alligator city.
          Yeah, that is the main issue. Just gotta treat it well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Wow! I've never seen before. Thanks for finding a picture of it. That's one mean paint scheme. I love it.

Comment

• That paint scheme is awesome!

Congrats on all the new maidens. Still have yet to maiden mine. Twenty mph crosswinds and/or rain has kept her in the hanger.

Great newsTim on your grandson. :Cool:

Comment

• T-CAT , One of the things I was surprised with using Orocal #651 Black on my various laminations was the effect or lack of effect the sun has on the vinyl. Compared to a pained surface the vinyl shows no ill effects of heat/sun damage. Likely the 2 mil thick skin offers enough protection to the foam. Just a suggestion but I now wrap all my foamies in Orocal 651 or 751 from US Cutter, It maintains that "new" finish and sheen indefinitely. Chris

Comment

• Had some fun with the Hog this morning!!

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by CT View Post
                      T-CAT , One of the things I was surprised with using Orocal #651 Black on my various laminations was the effect or lack of effect the sun has on the vinyl. Compared to a pained surface the vinyl shows no ill effects of heat/sun damage. Likely the 2 mil thick skin offers enough protection to the foam. Just a suggestion but I now wrap all my foamies in Orocal 651 or 751 from US Cutter, It maintains that "new" finish and sheen indefinitely. Chris
                      Thanks CT. I really like the look of vinyl and I don't mind the application process either. I've used it quite a bit on car applications with stripes and other detailing. The nice thing about gloss vinyl is wax products can be used on it too for added protection of the Sun and an extra glossy look. Great call for sure!

Comment

• Am going with it on canopy interior. That or foil tape to gator proof. One pilot said it took two min....lol...to get bit in the hot sun.
                        Plus once its bumpy ...appearance is hindered and sanding must commence.

Plane

Comment

• DAMAGED IN SHIPPING

Courtesy Kim Campbell

Click image for larger version  Name:	Kim_campbell_damage_a10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	84223

BTW, what is the closest Tamiya paint code for the Freewing A-10?

Comment

• Originally posted by 401 FOOT CEILING View Post
                            XF-19

Comment

• Thanks dkalwishky!

Comment

• Originally posted by 401 FOOT CEILING View Post
                                DAMAGED IN SHIPPING

Courtesy Kim Campbell

Click image for larger version Name:	Kim_campbell_damage_a10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	84223

See for yourself. Painted the servos and it is almost a perfect match. Tamiya XF-19 Sky grey.

Comment

• Not sure if is normal, but while working with the A-10 here on the bench, I noticed that the stock 8a ubec gets pretty warm. Is this normal? The clear heat shrink gets warm and soft. This is my first time having a bec in a plane and just want to make sure if it's normal. Plugged into new Specktrum AR8010T - Aux. I did purchase a ZTW 10 amp ubec as a spare that was listed in A-10 spare parts and will change out if needed. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks all

Comment

• I have to admit this is the first airplane I've assembled that uses a "control board" for all the electronics to run through. Does everyone feel comfortable using the board as designed or are you choosing to bypass the board with the more critical control functions??

Comment

• I'm using the control board.

Comment

• Reading all the posts about how easy this plane is to fly, couldnt wait anymore. 10mph crosswinds was no issue for this thing. Glad i finally got to maiden it. Only problem was pilot error on my part. Forgot to switch to hi rates on take off and just about turned it into a weed wacker. Issue adverted, and after the trim out laps, flew like a champ. Got to dial in the expos to suit my style, but that will come with additional flights.

On to the landing...reading about the death bounce had me more nervous then the actual take off and flight. But this thing floated right in. Little throttle control was all it took. Thanks to everyone that has shared their stories. You all were able to help me get back into a sport I have had a passion with since I was young. First EDF, and I have to say, what a great first.

Comment

• hey guys.. so ya the black snake look was the look i was going for..have not deiced on if i want the whole jet black or not due to heat and orinitaion..still figuring that one out in my head..;) gotta tell you though really tempted to just put her together and go fly then come back to the detail work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X