Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang that thing looks amazing...I love it!
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Wow, both outstanding!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20170704_192534.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	84686Click image for larger version

Name:	20170629_190152.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	84687
        My trick for pulling the tape off, is to use a heat gun set on low and warm the tape as I pull it off at 180 degrees direction , making sure not to be too close or too long on one spot.
        When I'm done painting my A-10 I will show you the results.
        Heat set at 150 degrees, pull slowly, steady, don't get too close.
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Heat set at 150 degrees, pull slowly, steady, don't get too close.
          Unfortunately to late for me. Gotta do the touch up. Oh well.

Comment

Sorry guys, I went totally Rogue on this project.
            Plus gray planes are hard to see for this old man
            It must be a USAF theme this year for me.
            Sorry for the bad pictures , but I have LED shop lights and I can't get a clear pic anymore.
            Click image for larger version Name:	20170704_213235.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	84672Click image for larger version Name:	20170704_143041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	84674Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-03-13-19-06.png Views:	1 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	84675
            Looks really good. Nice touch.

Comment

• I'm a Navy guy and have AF jets. Aren't really any good size Navy jets that look as cool as the A-10.

Comment

• Since I'm in Arkansas and plane is a Warthog, I just had to do our ANG 188th FS out of Fort Smith, Arkansas, the "Flying Razorbacks". Thanks Callie for the choice graphics and thanks Motion RC for bringing this great plane to us.

Comment

• I like it !
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Sorry guys, I went totally Rogue on this project.
                    Plus gray planes are hard to see for this old man
                    It must be a USAF theme this year for me.
                    Sorry for the bad pictures , but I have LED shop lights and I can't get a clear pic anymore.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	20170704_213235.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	84672Click image for larger version Name:	20170704_143041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	84674Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-03-13-19-06.png Views:	1 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	84675
                    B Hn ULTRA sweet!!

Comment

• Absolutely awesome paint job T33.

Comment

• Regarding the Nerf whistles folks are using. I understand you have to take them out of the Nerf footballs. All they all the same or are there different whistles in different balls? Which ones are most of you using to achieve the whine of the A-10 turbofans?

Comment

• The Nerf Vortex football is the one Capt. Mike recommends. Apparently he has tried some different ones in the past, and the Vortex whistles seem to have the greatest sound output for our situation. The Vortex football has three different whistles in it. A long, medium, and short length whistles.

Comment

• Hey TI, some time ago you posted a picture of the cut springs on the mains? What did you do and how did you do it and what were the results? If you had it to do over, would you do less or more? Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                              The problem with what you did was you had BOTH the BEC and a separate battery (your 2S) feeding the RX at the same time. If you are going to use a separate receiver battery, you must remove the BEC from the equation. It's called a Battery Elimination Circuit for a reason. If you don't eliminate the separate battery, then you need to eliminate the BEC. Powering the RX with 2 different sources is just asking for trouble, especially when one is a much higher voltage. When using a separate battery (that goes into the RX) or using an auxiliary BEC (not the stock), the red wire(s) from the stock BEC(s) must be pulled so you don't have conflicting receiver power sources.
                              No XViper, you misunderstand. You missed where I said "instead of the flight battery." The BEC was NOT powered when I plugged in the receiver battery. However, plugging a receiver battery in with the BEC connected (unpowered) to the receiver also results in voltage being applied at the BEC *outputs*, which apparently does not work. This was not on an A-10, by the way, but rather the FL P-38 I believe.

Comment

• The second flight found me pushing it a little harder on a 4 minute timer and I still ended up with 40% in the packs. I am running my first Lemon 10 ch receiver and a Hobbywing A3-L gyro with the gain set to about 11 o'clock. It was a long but fun couple days at Tired Iron Aviation's 4th of July fly-in. George got video of both flights but here is the first. Thank you so much George, excellent job.

The nice part is I could still drop some 6S batteries in it if I wanted to. I will be flying this one a bunch more going forward as I continue to get settled in with it. My second flight was to redeem my landing on the first flight and was a greaser.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Unfortunately to late for me. Gotta do the touch up. Oh well.

Sorry I didn't put this out earlier.

You have to practice to get the feel of the tape and watch it give way as you pull on it.
                                  You will get better at this with time like I did, this is my fourth plane this year painting and I just learned on the fly from my mistake.

A bad one was I thought I had the heat gun set on 150 degrees but it really way 1500 degrees while I was pulling the tape (gater finish that will have to be fixed later) Now I leave my hand in the way of the gun to check the temperature as I go just in case I made a mistake on the heat setting.

Good Luck.
                                  BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                    Hey TI, some time ago you posted a picture of the cut springs on the mains? What did you do and how did you do it and what were the results? If you had it to do over, would you do less or more? Thanks, Brad
                                    I cut 3/8" off the nose spring to soften it and cut one coil from the mains to make them stiffer, works great and would do it again.

TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• A little detail work going down yesterday!

Comment

• This thread moves sooo fast - T33 that looks amazing:bluecool. I think you talked me out of green camo

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I cut 3/8" off the nose spring to soften it and cut one coil from the mains to make them stiffer, works great and would do it again.
                                          HUH..........I missed this one some how :Confused: Hadn't heard that there was issues. What's the deal here TI :Thinking:
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X