X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Cat,

Your weathering looks really good by the way, going to try some of your methods on another project first though, I don't have those skills, but I can fly........;):)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
      T-Cat,

Your weathering looks really good by the way, going to try some of your methods on another project first though, I don't have those skills, but I can fly........;):)
      Ha-ha, thanks DCORSAIR, but you may just have much more artistic skills and ability than you think :):Cool:. If it doesn't come out the way you want it the first go around, it likely won't take much practice to get it the way you want it. It's a great idea to practice on other items first to see how the project transforms, and once you nail down the look you find perfect, it's ready for your main project. Also, flying is more fun than weathering LOL, so you're going to have fun no matter how an artistic project comes out. These bad to the bone planes were meant to be flown first and foremost :), otherwise they would just be static non-RC models.

Comment

• I had some more fun with colored pencils. Some parts were done in dark gray and others were shaded with the black colored pencil. It's amazingly simple and just takes some careful placement of the rivets and shading, as well as light pressure to ensure the pencil doesn't puncture the foam.

Here are a few things that were added and can be seen in the pics below. It's all very easy stuff.
        - Detailing to the canopy top and bottom for a tad more added realism.
        - Shading the vents for visual depth illusion.
        - Added the main bolts for the Pave Penny Pod Pylon.
        - Rivets on the cannon and nose cone dimples
        - Slash marks on the left side canopy/fuselage line
        - Nose gear door hinge bolts
        - Shading on some hatches

Comment

• Hey T-Cat,
          Your jet looks amazing - it is really coming alive. Since you are going to the trouble, don't forget the APU exhaust stains. LOL

Comment

• Update. My sunshine edition is out of paint. Since she is sports scale I haven't decided the finishing touches yet. MRC Rocks !

Plane

Comment

• Originally posted by gravity tester View Post
              Hey T-Cat,
              Your jet looks amazing - it is really coming alive. Since you are going to the trouble, don't forget the APU exhaust stains. LOL
              LOL, good call! Thanks LOL! I have the sides done, but nothing on the underbelly. Yours looks amazing!

Comment

• This is such a sweet model. Looks good on the ground and in the air, sounds good and flies so easy. It's like flying a trainer but with lots more wow factor in the performance department.
                Put in four more flights on mine this morning before 8:30 bringing it to 19 total. I had my Avanti in the van too but didn't even get it out after reallocating it's batteries to the Hawg. :Cool: Just can't say too many good things about this plane. :a10
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• If I use 3m vinal wrap for the black it should not be gator bait.

Comment

• Clean paint job Pete. Are you going to make it a Yellowsnakes version?? That may be something to think about. Maybe even shade in some scales (then again, scales will be extremely time consuming).

Comment

• Well....its a blank canvas so I must decide...lol
                      I really like the snake look. Concerned about touch up though and that's why I picked a solid and not metallic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
                        Well....its a blank canvas so I must decide...lol
                        I really like the snake look. Concerned about touch up though and that's why I picked a solid and not metallic.
                        I agree, that look is amazing, and was SOOOO close to airbrushing scales on mine. Maybe I will sometime, just not soon. If done right, it would mimic real snake skin extremely well using the proper colors and blending. Good luck with it!

Comment

• Thanks bud.....yes indeed.
                          Thanks so much Alpha and the entire design team.
                          Kudos again to the production managers and assembly line. Especially the ones working the soldering line !
                          Will update when complete.
                          Happy landings guys and hopefully gals.

Plane

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

The foam used for packing is not EPO, just about anything will eat it. The paint mentioned will not hurt the EPO foam of the plane.

Jim
                              I apologize, wvrailfan is correct. Test on the bottom of my cockpit piece shows no ill effects.

Comment

• My Hog came last week while I was on business. Now I am leaving for vacation next week. And we have temps in the high 90's....so I have been grounded and thinking about whether I will get any painting done before I maiden, or not.

At any rate, I did go in to Home Depot and took samples of Model Masters enamel paint, that were the right FS numbers. FS36375 for Ghost Light, and FS36320 for Ghost Dark gray. Here are close ups of the labels so you won't have to take anything in to match...I think they are as close to being right on as I could expect! Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2998.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	85209Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3000.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	85210

Comment

• Put the nacelles on this evening and bound a brand new DX9 with the AR9030T rx. I used my spare FW F-16 circuit board for the landing gear and the nose gear door stays open. Now I have to install the wings to verify the mains work. The wing tip strobes work great also. Rudders and elevator are set to my liking and will see how they react when in flight. Flaps and ailerons need to be set also. Then the installation of Model Sounds Inc system. Ready to fly minus the Devil which should be here mid week. The rest of the decals next. Both motors run in the correct direction but will need to charge the radio and flight packs next. Purchased HyperionS from my LHS 5000, 50C. $95. I also have Pulse batts 5000 45C $135ea. I'll have enough batteries for several flights starting with the maiden. Soon

Comment

• as soon as I had my plane ready to fly today, a storm quickly moved in, but went away just as quick... my wife snapped some cell phone pics once it pass...

I got flights 2,3 & 4 in today... all 3 flights I did touch n gos ... my first landing attempt,I got the dreaded bounce. but once I got the elevator to flap mix dialed in ,that went away.. started greasing it every time. I started out as per manual , but with each landing I lowered the mix a bit... on my DX9, I ended up with 0% @ half flap and 5% full flap. (started out with 10 & 14%) now she lands smooth as can be ..
                                    www.TSHobbies.com
                                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Here is an updated photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                        Here is an updated photo.
                                        That's looking awesome! Excellent job.

Comment

• Lookin Good Tim!

Comment

Working...
                                          X