X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    I feel like mine could move back some, but the junction board is keeping me from moving my packs back any further. I may see about moving the board back some.
    I had to relocate the board in mine to make room for the powder canon. Just wondering if anyone has flown it further back than 80mm?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I had mine moved back to 80mm with the old Admiral 6S 5000s but with the new Admiral 6S 5000s I have them all the way to rear as far as they will go and it barely balances at 78mm...I may try to stack and stagger them in the rear bay.
      The new packs are a little heavier aren't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The new packs are a little heavier aren't they?
        I'm not sure...they're longer and skinnier.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by gnat8750 View Post
          Went with "The Boys from Syracuse" camo scheme, from the 174th Fighter Wing in Syracuse, NY.
          I have to say that is a good looking scheme. Even without weathering.
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• So I unscrewed the board from its ply mount plate, and moved it back so that the front holes on the board are now screwed into the rear holes in the ply mount. I was then able to move the batteries back to where the ends of them just go under the battery straps. This moves the CG back to 90mm, wheels down. I will try it at that location this weekend.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by gnat8750 View Post
              Went with "The Boys from Syracuse" camo scheme, from the 174th Fighter Wing in Syracuse, NY.
              Hey Gnat.
              that looks awesome. that's the scheme I was also thinking of doing over the winter. I used to stop by the Syracuse Airport to watch the A-10's then later on the F-16's. If I didn't have the family, I would hang out for hours, especially if there was something in the pattern.
              I am torn between that scheme and something from Dessert Storm. I can't wait to put in lots of flights this week. I am flying at my jet event from Thurs-Saturday.

Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post

Hey Gnat.
                that looks awesome. that's the scheme I was also thinking of doing over the winter. I used to stop by the Syracuse Airport to watch the A-10's then later on the F-16's. If I didn't have the family, I would hang out for hours, especially if there was something in the pattern.
                I am torn between that scheme and something from Dessert Storm. I can't wait to put in lots of flights this week. I am flying at my jet event from Thurs-Saturday.

Brent
                Are you talking the Jet Jam? Sorry, most likely not if you are in Canada... My bad.

Comment

• Aros,
                  So is the CG with gear down or up? Not sure why it didn't get addressed but I think that makes a huge difference. Personally I did mine with gear down but not sure if it's right...it flies fine so I guess it's correct. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  The owner's manual (revised) is on the product page. We apologize for the delay!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...Manualrev2.pdf

Comment

• I don't think it matters as the nose goes back and the mains go forward.
                    Pat

Comment

• From Alpha:

The A-10's CG is 78mm, measured back from the leading edge of the wing root. For convenience's sake, this CG is measured with the aircraft upright, with the landing gear down (because it's too difficult to pick up the plane and measure it inverted gear up). Whether the aircraft is fully loaded or empty, the CG doesn't shift more than 1-2mm forward, which is within the margin of error for the plane (depending on how much glue the customer uses to affix the rear fuselage, which is the only glue joint).
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
                        Do you guys use a certain tool to check CG on these big planes? If so, which one seems to work the best?
                        This is the last one you'll ever buy. I've bought them all and none are even close to this. Pricey but worth ever penny.

Manufacturing the best Center of Gravity Balancers (CG Balancer) for Remote Controlled Aircraft, all RC Planes and Airplanes including the UAV/UAS Markets! EZBalancer has you covered!

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          I don't think it matters as the nose goes back and the mains go forward.
                          They all go forward going up.

Comment

• Doh, you're right. For some reason I was was thinking the nose went back.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post

Hey Gnat.

Brent
                              The F-16s were replaced with the MQ-9 Reaper drones. You can see them flying over our club.

Comment

• Enjoy!
                                This was filmed in an abandon town.

Comment

• Thanks to all of those who initially came up with this idea of PVC pipes cradle. Very pleased with how this has turned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by garlandk View Post
                                    https://youtu.be/NXZlnJypI6Y
                                    Enjoy!
                                    This was filmed in an abandon town.
                                    Great job. Very cool.

Comment

• All my Hobby Squawk friends, my 3 month old grandson Noah has been diagnosed with a rare genetic desease which will require a bone marrow transplant. If a doner isn't found or doesn't take, we may lose him. I'm sure he would enjoy our hobby and I showing him how to fly. Not to mention all the great people in this hobby. He has been taken to Boston Children's hospital as my daughter lives in Vermont. I usually wouldn't post here but I believe you are a bunch of great guys. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                        All my Hobby Squawk friends, my 3 month old grandson Noah has been diagnosed with a rare genetic desease which will require a bone marrow transplant. If a doner isn't found or doesn't take, we may lose him. I'm sure he would enjoy our hobby and I showing him how to fly. Not to mention all the great people in this hobby. He has been taken to Boston Children's hospital as my daughter lives in Vermont. I usually wouldn't post here but I believe you are a bunch of great guys. Thanks
                                        I live in Minnesota, but would be willing to see if I am a match to be a doner. My wife got the gift of a kidney and pancreas, but due to a medical mistake with anti rejection meds she passed away.. I would like to help if I can.

So if you can find out how to go about getting tested let me know..

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                          All my Hobby Squawk friends, my 3 month old grandson Noah has been diagnosed with a rare genetic desease which will require a bone marrow transplant. If a doner isn't found or doesn't take, we may lose him. I'm sure he would enjoy our hobby and I showing him how to fly. Not to mention all the great people in this hobby. He has been taken to Boston Children's hospital as my daughter lives in Vermont. I usually wouldn't post here but I believe you are a bunch of great guys. Thanks
                                          Praying for Noah.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X