Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Thanks Pat...
    I did a google search and came up with HobbyKing and Buddy RC. Never ordered from either. Buddy has them 5 to a pack for 99 cents... The ones Hobby King has you have to order from Hong Kong warehouse and an extra charge so I went with BuddyRC...
    Thanks...
    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtzz View Post
      Another look at Callie's scrumptious graphics.
      Oooh, that "flying boar" decal really makes the plane stand out. In general, I find the A-10 to be quite drab and hard to see (too much grey). I do realize that on the real plane, it needs to be this way for combat duties. It's not exactly a speed demon and if it wasn't so hard to see, it could more easily be shot at. However, on the model, I think I'd like it to be more "colorful" and easier to pick out in the air.

Comment

• I'm so close to being finished I can taste it. All that I have left are the 900 mini decals from crxmanpat, control linkages and throws and balancing.

I added the Nerf whistles to mine, I went with the small and medium ones instead of the large and medium. It was a little nerve wracking using a drill bit to remove foam from the nacelle but it was pretty easy and I'm glad I added them.

This is the taxi test from last night. I have Friday afternoon off to get the plane finished, I had hoped to fly it Saturday during our club jet fun fly but there is a 90% chance of rain in the morning. :(

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
          I have been looking thru the threads to find out where to purchase the battery connector protector they use in the A-10 build video on the wing connectors... I know someone asked about it and someone answered but I can't find it. I can't find them at MRC either so they evidently don't stock them although the Admiral batteries are coming with them already on the balance plug...
          Thanks...
          Tom
          This is the guy I got mine from. Quick and fast shipping.I'm sure you can find them for a little less.

Comment

• Sounds nice Dave, just like mine! I'm sure you'll be pleased with the whistles. Mine resonate all the way up to just below half throttle. Slow passes at half throttle sound awesome!
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

This is the guy I got mine from. Quick and fast shipping.I'm sure you can find them for a little less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-JST-XH-6S-...3D322285988460
              This is my source - A little more, but at my door in 2 days - free shipping with Amazon Prime

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Yes, for sure. I haven't had much time to spend on my A-10 (family visiting) and only got it powered up (and nose gear extended) on Tuesday. It too had close to 1/2" play fore and aft as well as some side to side, an unacceptable amount I thought. So, two things:
                A slight gap between the retract body and steering arm was tightened up by loosening the grub screws on the strut and steering arm and pushing this assembly together to eliminate the gap and re tightening the screws (though not so much that binding occurs). This eliminated almost all the side play in the strut. BTW, all the screws were nice and tight from the factory with thread locker applied, so that was good.
                Secondly, disassembling the retract itself showed that a gap between the trunion and actuator in the down/locked position was allowing the fore and aft movement. Best fix I could come up with was to bond a strip of .4mm (.016") brass I had laying around onto the actuator using JB Weld epoxy. After allowing it to cure overnight I put the retract back together this morning and tested and it's much better with very little play.:Cool: Hopefully this modification will last- we'll see. I would imagine all these retracts have the same issue and am surprised it hasn't come up 'till now- I wonder if half the problems with squirrely steering people are reporting are because of this...
                Anyway, I think this is a warranty/QC thing and will be contacting Motion. Perhaps a "V2" of the retract could be offered with more accurately made bits- the design itself seems OK.
                Tom
                Thanks for the input Tom, not sure how to proceed. Aros seems to think it's O.K.:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtzz View Post
                  A little taste of the Flying Razorback, from Callie.
                  Very cool! Is that nose art waterslide or like the rest of Callie's graphics?

Comment

• Hey Todd,just wondering about battery placement. I posted you last night. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Interesting, but sorry, I don't buy it. Guess I won't be contacting you guys about it after all, though.:)
                      Tom
                      Don't kill the messenger now. Just reporting what I was told via Alpha. :)
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Hey Todd,just wondering about battery placement. I posted you last night. Thanks, Brad
                        Are you using Admirals? I can take a photo of where my Admiral 5000's are for CG if you like?

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I'm so close to being finished I can taste it. All that I have left are the 900 mini decals from crxmanpat, control linkages and throws and balancing.

I added the Nerf whistles to mine, I went with the small and medium ones instead of the large and medium. It was a little nerve wracking using a drill bit to remove foam from the nacelle but it was pretty easy and I'm glad I added them.

This is the taxi test from last night. I have Friday afternoon off to get the plane finished, I had hoped to fly it Saturday during our club jet fun fly but there is a 90% chance of rain in the morning. :(

Hey dkalwishky, video looks great, Did you set your Hog up with flaperons as well as flaps? Looked like the ailerons were down too. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Are you using Admirals? I can take a photo of where my Admiral 5000's are for CG if you like?
                            Yes, I am using the Admiral 5000s. My front battery was flush with the "stepdown" in the battery bay and rear battery was right up against that same step down. I'm thinking the rear battery should move back some but a picture or measurement would be great. Also, the canopy/hatch on mine seemed a little tight at the front against the battery. Did you have to carve out a little off the underside of the hatch? Brad

Comment

Don't kill the messenger now. Just reporting what I was told via Alpha. :)
                              Oh no, nothing like that Todd! I phrased it badly and should have said I'm not sure of the thinking behind this play being designed in. All my experience tells me that when you allow a joint like this to accelerate before it stops (with excessive clearance) the loads are only increased. I'll leave mine modified and see how it goes- if it breaks (cause I'm wrong) I'll humbly just buy another retract.:)
                              Tom

Comment

That's what I'll be using so yes please to the picture.

Comment

Hey dkalwishky, video looks great, Did you set your Hog up with flaperons as well as flaps? Looked like the ailerons were down too. Brad
                                  No, I haven't hooked up any of the linkages yet. I was excited to see it move under it's own power.

Comment

I'm so close to being finished I can taste it. All that I have left are the 900 mini decals from crxmanpat, control linkages and throws and balancing.

Very nice! This video really demonstrates how nice the whistles will sound. Does someone have a picture or description of how the whistles are mounted. I'm sure it's somewhere in the 4000 plus posts but I can't find any pics. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsmith View Post

Very nice! This video really demonstrates how nice the whistles will sound. Does someone have a picture or description of how the whistles are mounted. I'm sure it's somewhere in the 4000 plus posts but I can't find any pics. Thanks
                                      Check the build video on the A-10 product page of Motion's website.
                                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• So, here is today's report. Got out with two birds today. First time I haven't had a prop plane with me to the field. This was my 2nd trip with my A-10 and my first with my newly acquired T-45. I zero'd out the control surfaces from Saturday's flight and re-did the setup to see if I could get the "Zero" clicks others did when flying. I put two flights on her today and here is the report

Flight 1, Taxied out and the pattern was left to right. I only throttled up to about 75% and had TO flaps set. I took off and it was gear up and flaps up. She still wanted to roll a bit, but I trimmed it out. If there is one thing I have to complain about this this great flying plane is the color. As you can see from the picture, it was a hazy sunny day. NOT A GOOD DAY TO SEE THIS PLANE :Whew:. Coming from right to left the plane would silhouette big time. Had to throttle back to keep my brain ahead of what was going on. The plane flew great after trimming, but having to really focus when flying level was a pain. The plane would literally disappear. I had bumped up the timer from 3:00 minutes to 3:40 and it went from 60% left to about 45% left. Plenty of juice left for a go around if needed. Landing again, was a breeze as I dropped down to landing flaps for the first time and greased it in. Breathing hard and pulling my underwear out of my butt

Flight 2. Almost didn't happen. I really didn't like the plane disappearing like it did. Other members commented on where did it go? How can you see it. But, I had a pair of charged Admiral 5000s waiting, so I figured I would fly them down. Took off again, this time I didn't use my sunglasses as they are polarized. I actually could see the plane a little bit better. Flew around for about 3 minutes and landed. No issues, easy to fly and flew great. It's all trimmed out and ready for ordinance.

Flight 3 was my new T-45. Great flight, got it trimmed out but my landing was a little hard. Snapped the plastic rod on the gear that slides back and forth when the gear opens and closes. I was a little pissed as I didn't have my wings level when I touched down. Will have to either glue it or get another one. The plane was fine.

Comment

Yes, I am using the Admiral 5000s. My front battery was flush with the "stepdown" in the battery bay and rear battery was right up against that same step down. I'm thinking the rear battery should move back some but a picture or measurement would be great. Also, the canopy/hatch on mine seemed a little tight at the front against the battery. Did you have to carve out a little off the underside of the hatch? Brad
                                          No I haven't had to carve anything out...Here's a photo (It's at an angle so note the black vertical marks I etched in...The first one on the left is for the front of the first 6S and the second one on the right is for the back of the second 6S...

Click image for larger version

Name:	batts.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	81495

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X