X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Nice article thanks for sharing. It's great to see the A-10's service life is going to be extended as it well should be! If it ain't broke, right?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!
    +1. Good till at least 2021! It's fun to hear them banter about it's possible replacement. The Brazilian emb-312 Tucano ? Really ? The Texan 2 - Pilatus ? The F35 sure wasn't the ticket.

So, turboprops ? Why not just resurrect the A-1 Skyraider?

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Legman01 View Post

Thanks Michael, great piece on the Hog. McSally is highly regarded in the A-10 world and has fought very hard to keep it flying and fighting.
      Speaking of Martha McSally, I helped to get her in Congress when I was in Tucson working for US Customs and Border Protection Aviation Branch. So here is a shot of my LX A-10 and a Rally sign. She also autographed the nose. Talk about being excited. She really liked the model with functioning canopy and lights.
      Attached Files

Comment

• That's great! Very cool.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Any Thoughts on this guys? I guess my question is whether the torque from the setup used on the Stinger 90 is needed to gain the same sense of smoothness in the flight controls for other EDF's? I'm sure that this was thought of in all the preparation and testing for the A-10...hopefully specified in the instructions? Rob
          The manual does specify hole placement on the servo arms and I don't think a single one is on the farthest out hole. I apply the same principle to everything I fly. If the manual recommended setup requires me to reduce my travel way down or jack my expo way up because a control is just too sensitive I will move the control rod in on the servo arm to get the travel back up and I also end up not needing as much expo for a buttery smooth feel and all the throw you need is there for when you are going slower like for landing. The Mig-21 was this way especially on the elevator. I also typically avoid dual rates. It's just one less thing to have to think about.

Comment

• Happy Memorial Weekend to all you vets!! Thank you all! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
              Happy Memorial Weekend to all you vets!! Thank you all! Rob
              Back at ya and all my fellow Vets.

Comment

• As a USAF Retiree and Veteran, thank you all for your support as well!

As a reminder, Memorial Day is to recognize those that paid the ultimate price by giving their lives to protect our freedom as U.S. citizens. Veterans Day, 11 November every year, is to recognize the living that have served in our military protecting our way of life just the same.

I make the distinction between these two days, since Veterans Day seems to be the less noticed day when we should be taking the time honoring those that are still with us today. I think Memorial Day is more recognized, because it's so commercialized, since most of our U.S. citizens have the day off. Yet, in our busy lives, we enjoy the Memorial Day off and often fail to recognize those that gave their lives to ensure we can have such a day off.

So as Veteran, when someone says thank you on Memorial Day, it makes me think about the friends I lost serving along besides me protecting our freedom and their families that graciously supported them. I thank them for their sacrifice.

Thus on Memorial Day, don't forget to thank the families of those military members that gave their lives for our country. Military families also serve.

God bless the men and women of the U.S. military, their friends and family, and the United States of America.

Sean

Comment

• Amen brother
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Wish you all a great Memorial Day and lest we forget. Thank you USA

Comment

• Well put and our deep felt gratitude for all the women and men and their families who have given their lives and who serve and have served to protect our freedom we cherish every single day.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thank you for the clarification Sean! I knew in my heart as soon as I hit "post" that this really isn't a weekend to necessarily be "happy". My apologies for not maintaining a more sober decorum for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Rob

Comment

• Rob,

No worries...I didn't take it as any ill intent. In fact, I just saw a local TV ad using "happy". I guess I'm on a one man crusade to remind folks it should be a solemn day, and not necessarily a "happy" day. Unless we're saying we're happy for the freedom provided to us on behalf of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice...that could work.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate you keeping our Veterans in mind on this day. Thank you again for your support.

Sorry all for the hijack here. So when are our A-10s getting here? That will be a happy day!

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                            Rob,

No worries...I didn't take it as any ill intent. In fact, I just saw a local TV ad using "happy". I guess I'm on a one man crusade to remind folks it should be a solemn day, and not necessarily a "happy" day. Unless we're saying we're happy for the freedom provided to us on behalf of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice...that could work.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate you keeping our Veterans in mind on this day. Thank you again for your support.

Sorry all for the hijack here. So when are our A-10s getting here? That will be a happy day!

Sean
                            I'm on the same page. A time to reflect on the ones who paid the ultimate sacrifice. On a wing and a prayer to my fallen Conrad's in arms.

Tim T
                            USN Ret.

Comment

• GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Here's a question for the electronics guys out there. In anticipation of receiving the Hog soon, I ordered a couple new 6s 5000mah Admiral batteries from where else but MRC. I've noticed that from the build video and also the new batteries that they have the blue ec5 connectors. Pretty much everything I own has the Deans type connectors and I'd rather stay with them so all my batteries are interchangeable. My question is, is there any difference in how much current can move through one connector vs the other? I was going to make adapters for the new batteries for charging, since my gharger is Deans, but if there is no less draw on the Deans then I will change them over. Thanks ,,,,,Brad P.S. I'm actually using the Star plugs but they are identical to deans with a better handhold.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  Here's a question for the electronics guys out there. In anticipation of receiving the Hog soon, I ordered a couple new 6s 5000mah Admiral batteries from where else but MRC. I've noticed that from the build video and also the new batteries that they have the blue ec5 connectors. Pretty much everything I own has the Deans type connectors and I'd rather stay with them so all my batteries are interchangeable. My question is, is there any difference in how much current can move through one connector vs the other? I was going to make adapters for the new batteries for charging, since my gharger is Deans, but if there is no less draw on the Deans then I will change them over. Thanks ,,,,,Brad P.S. I'm actually using the Star plugs but they are identical to deans with a better handhold.
                                  Downwindleg, go with the EC5 as they are good to 100 amp and have a strong connection. The Deans or "T" connector are only good to 80 amp and really do not connect well and I have seen them melt under load. You could use an adapter but again it will be a weak link. If I remeber a video from RC Informer he used Deans on a HSD viper and they melted down under load and lost the plane. Your A10 will be pulling some amps so size does matter. Hope this helps and may the Brrrrrrrrrrrrrt be with you...

Comment

• Here's what you do. Get a two-way deans to EC5 adaptor plug. But only use it for charging. Buddy RC has them or you can make your own.

I use Deans on just about everything up to 6S. On my high amp draw models, I use EC5's . Actually, the XT 90's and 150's are better but most of the higher voltage batts are coming with EC5's or no connector at all.

My paraboard for my charger is setup for deans and XT60.

In some cases you must add your own connector for the high voltage, high mah batts. I buy the pigtails and solder.

Hawk

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG JETS JOE View Post
                                      GOD BLESS AMERICA
                                      This Memorial Day, we remember those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those who are grieving. May we, as ...

Comment

• Rob,

Very moving. Thanks for sharing!

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

Rob,

Very moving. Thanks for sharing!

Sean
                                          Very good indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X