Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly, we're very proud and humbled to have the opportunity to present you with the A-10, on behalf of Motion RC and really all of our extended family here on Motion RC. It's a small token but we gift it graciously. Kloverzero did great with the presentation and from what I gather everyone had a fun time and that's what matters most. Now you have two! Get Brandon painting and let's see a two ship formation in the future!

A couple years ago we had the privilege of working with Bud Anderson on the Freewing Old Crow. Sitting in his living room amid stacks of photos and listening to his witty cracks about life then and now, I was deeply impressed and came away with an even stronger belief that honoring our military servicemen and servicewomen is more than a blessing --it is a responsibility. We can all remind ourselves to give back to those who have given much. Any gesture, grand or small, seen or secret, is meaningful to the recipient. In as crazy times as these are, I'd encourage us to slow down, focus, and Give.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Well said Alpha.... I couldn't agree more. Very impressed with that dialogue :) Amen and Hoo Rah !!!!!!
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
        Well said Alpha.... I couldn't agree more. Very impressed with that dialogue :) Amen and Hoo Rah !!!!!!
        Dido

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Kelly, we're very proud and humbled to have the opportunity to present you with the A-10, on behalf of Motion RC and really all of our extended family here on Motion RC. It's a small token but we gift it graciously. Kloverzero did great with the presentation and from what I gather everyone had a fun time and that's what matters most. Now you have two! Get Brandon painting and let's see a two ship formation in the future!

A couple years ago we had the privilege of working with Bud Anderson on the Freewing Old Crow. Sitting in his living room amid stacks of photos and listening to his witty cracks about life then and now, I was deeply impressed and came away with an even stronger belief that honoring our military servicemen and servicewomen is more than a blessing --it is a responsibility. We can all remind ourselves to give back to those who have given much. Any gesture, grand or small, seen or secret, is meaningful to the recipient. In as crazy times as these are, I'd encourage us to slow down, focus, and Give.
          Alpha,

You and the Motion RC crew never cease to impress. From your personal involvement in design and testing to bring only the best RC aircraft to market; Aros' real-time updates of product availability; and as a company presenting one of our Veteran A-10 pilots probably the nicest foamie aircraft made to date; and even getting RCjetdude his aircraft early to implement the mods he's discussed here on Hobby Squawk...this is why I now find it difficult to order from any other RC company. All of your efforts prove that no one else cares about their products and customers as much as you all.

Thank you all again for your passion and what you do for us as customers.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

Alpha,

You and the Motion RC crew never cease to impress. From your personal involvement in design and testing to bring only the best RC aircraft to market; Aros' real-time updates of product availability; and as a company presenting one of our Veteran A-10 pilots probably the nicest foamie aircraft made to date; and even getting RCjetdude his aircraft early to implement the mods he's discussed here on Hobby Squawk...this is why I now find it difficult to order from any other RC company. All of your efforts prove that no one else cares about their products and customers as much as you all.

Sean
            Agreed.

Comment

• In case folks aren't aware? and this affects us all. The FAA model aircraft registration ruling that was passed a while back...has been over turned in federal court and is no longer required. Found to violate Part 336 and and the reform act and was won privately by an individual in federal court and applies to all of us. There is a 7 day stay period in effect until it goes into effect.

A private citizen was able to do what the AMA couldn't.... HMMMM?
              Attached Files
              Brandon Moon

Comment

Alpha,

Sean
                Agreed.

Comment

In case folks aren't aware? and this affects us all. The FAA model aircraft registration ruling that was passed a while back...has been over turned in federal court and is no longer required. Found to violate Part 336 and and the reform act and was won privately by an individual in federal court and applies to all of us. There is a 7 day stay period in effect until it goes into effect.

Been reading about this all day. Even AMA put out one of their podcasts.

Comment

• Kelly, tell them what you told us about what it's like firing that nose gun ;)
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Given that its going to be another week, I thought I would share some thoughts on the trailing link struts. I have jets with them and I can tell you there are disadvantages to them. Im not saying that they arent worth it, I am just saying there things you give up.

-Trailing links are bouncy, you can see when this jet taxis it is bouncing around a bit. A hard landing can cause to get into a nasty bounce pattern much easier than a standard oleo
                      -Since trialing links bend at an angle, this gives forces a "torque" against the gear, especially if you land sideways a bit or turn into a skid. The torque can start working the gear lose and then:
                      -Loose trailing links will "rear steer" the jet, since they have torque against jet as they set at angle, any play left to right will cause it to be hard to control on take off.
                      -If a trailing link bottoms out, the knuckels will dig into the grass, and cause a lot of damage, usually ripping them out. If on concrete, the knuckles will get worn down and wear through at the pivot point ruining the strut. This is especially true on the nose strut.
                      -Under load, the nose strut lowers the AOA of the nose on take off, and in some cases can make the runout on take off way longer.
                      -They look silly sometimes.

There are advantages too, but thought I would share. If flying from concrete, offering a standard oleo would be nice, as the trailing links may not be worth the problems if you have a good runway!

Comment

Well said Alpha.... I couldn't agree more. Very impressed with that dialogue :) Amen and Hoo Rah !!!!!!
                        Let me echo that as well ! Congratulations Kelly, but well deserved as well. Is there anything greater than giving back to those who gave so much ?!
                        To all of the vets on either side of the Motion R/C counter, thanks for all you have done for us.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

In case folks aren't aware? and this affects us all. The FAA model aircraft registration ruling that was passed a while back...has been over turned in federal court and is no longer required. Found to violate Part 336 and and the reform act and was won privately by an individual in federal court and applies to all of us. There is a 7 day stay period in effect until it goes into effect.

This seems to be a pretty popular sentiment, and I'm not sure why. AMA has fought for our rights since Day 1 and just because a private citizens (who's a lawyer... not sure if everyone realizes that) did what "the AMA couldn't" doesn't mean the AMA is useless. The AMA is funded by our membership dues and donations. Lawyers are expensive and it's most likely that the AMA couldn't afford one, and did all they could with the resources they had available to them.

I really wish people would quit giving the AMA a hard time. Could you imagine how rough we WOULD have it if the AMA wasn't advocating on our behalf every day?

/steps off soap box

Comment

• Hey, I saw this and thought I'd share. This is the Avenger cannon being tested before delivery. The sound! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yAMzbixR8U
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I agree with Mike_Then, If you were running a marathon, would you call the second place finisher a loser??
                              The AMA does great work, not only advocating our cause but perpetuating our hobby through the programs for the youth that stimulates their interest in flight. Where would this hobby be without the next up and coming generation??
                              Personally, I don't care who finally nailed it down, I suspect it was collaborative, but nonetheless, I'm free to fly my A/C without worrying about being busted for not having a silly little number on it, that's what matters to me.
                              As I stated before, calling them aircraft should mean that we could fly from the local airports. Silly.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Wow Micheal what you guys and gals from motion done was great. It makes me even more sad that i was unable to locate ya'll when i was there. I just kept going up and down the flight line hopeing to spot the a10 and thus find you. When the friend i rode down with showed up where i was we rode on down to the 3d line and while there i thought i saw the a10 flying but was unable to get back up there. Anyhow great job doing what ya'll did and i was a life customer before but even so more now. Thanks.
                                Dewey l

Comment

Alpha,

Sean
                                  Hey EDFjetpilot, noticed your AL ANG avatar photo. I don't live too far away in Smiths Station. I did the 100th FS F-16D 379 tail on my doomed RC Lander. Thought about doing 217 on an HSD F-16. Sorry, dont mean to hijack the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by ckankel View Post

Hey EDFjetpilot, noticed your AL ANG avatar photo. I don't live too far away in Smiths Station. I did the 100th FS F-16D 379 tail on my doomed RC Lander. Thought about doing 217 on an HSD F-16. Sorry, dont mean to hijack the thread.
                                    Cool. Our RC flying field is about 11 miles to the SE of Moton Field, and of course, a bit outside of MGM where the 100th is based...so felt obligated as an Alabama transplant (I'm retired USAF) to honor our local legacies.

As not to hijack the thread with "Red Tail" talk, I'll post a photo of my F-16 in that thread. And to get back to the A-10, I'm doing mine in Osan AB circa 1990s markings in remembrance of my time there. I'm realizing I like my jets to have a personal significance, as I expect most of us do.

Sean

Comment

• Maidened my FMS A-10 today. Took off of grass great. Leaped off the grass. Still needs some tweaking. Breezy day, however nailed the landing. Where are the FW's?

Comment

• Our club held its annual "Warbirds Over Arkansas" event today. Top raffle prizes were the Flightline F7 and Freewing A10. The lucky gent that won the A10 decided to auction it off with all proceeds going back to the club. I just picked up a Freewing A10 for a great price!!! Our club pre-ordered before the April 1st date, come on shipping notice

Kurtzz

Comment

• My pre-order was March 28th.

Comment

Working...
                                          X