Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Frenzy. Where is that slow boat from China, Eh? Great day for this B1RD. Flew great off grass and no gear ripped out. My friend had issues with ESC cutting out at 1/4 throttle, so he didn't get to fly. I had to set the end points on mine and works great. Just watched the Veterans Day PBS Special. Always enjoyed watching that program and moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
      Here's what you do. Get a two-way deans to EC5 adaptor plug. But only use it for charging. Buddy RC has them or you can make your own.

I use Deans on just about everything up to 6S. On my high amp draw models, I use EC5's . Actually, the XT 90's and 150's are better but most of the higher voltage batts are coming with EC5's or no connector at all.

My paraboard for my charger is setup for deans and XT60.

In some cases you must add your own connector for the high voltage, high mah batts. I buy the pigtails and solder.

Hawk
      Good info man, I appreciate the input. I use deans on everything including 6s put never before on EDFs. Since the Hog is not a flat out type plane, I'm still looking for more info for this plane specifically . Thanks, Brad

Comment

• May God Bless those who served, and returned, and may He Bless the families of those who served and did not......

Comment

• Amen.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Enjoying this Memorial Day hanging out with George and friends at Tired Iron Aviation for some flying fun and fellowship. Brought the A-10 with me to let them check it out and just having a blast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170529_154227.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	78103

Name:	20170529_154145.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	78104

Comment

• More A-10 shots...stay tuned for video.

Name:	20170529_202603226_iOS.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	78115

Name:	20170529_202532090_iOS.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	78116

Name:	20170529_202453304_iOS.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	78117

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• 1) You win Best Freewing 80mm A-10. ...For now...(?) I just know there are other detail maniacs waiting to challenge this very high bar you've set!

2) I need that shirt. Tomorrow.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Looks great TI !!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Looks great TI !!

Grossman56
                    That's Steve..."RCJetDude".
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      1) You win Best Freewing 80mm A-10. ...For now...(?) I just know there are other detail maniacs waiting to challenge this very high bar you've set!

2) I need that shirt. Tomorrow.
                      Will you be able to help us Alpha with your techniques for getting the weathered effect using grays? Especially since now there is a base of the production color, as opposed to when you did your prototype in white? Specifically, how did you get the panel lines to punch out? A wash/tint? Someone passed along your technique for the rivots, and that was helpful! I can't wait to get my hog looking pretty and I'm not sure how to apply the lipstick!! Thanks, Rob

Comment

• I'm so pumped for this jet to arrive. We had a large SkyMaster turbine A-10 at the field today and watching it fly was a treat. It's in the Artic Camo color scheme and had the freewheeling dummie fan units in front of the turbines. Man, that looked amazinggggggg.

Comment

• Classic shirt, incredible job Steve and I am besides myself waiting for this bird to land on my porch! Posting this photo again to further lather me up for the livery I am going to go with...

Name:	image_7217.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	460.8 KB
ID:	78140

Name:	Boxer-looking-out-window.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	78141
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Will you be able to help us Alpha with your techniques for getting the weathered effect using grays? Especially since now there is a base of the production color, as opposed to when you did your prototype in white? Specifically, how did you get the panel lines to punch out? A wash/tint? Someone passed along your technique for the rivots, and that was helpful! I can't wait to get my hog looking pretty and I'm not sure how to apply the lipstick!! Thanks, Rob
                            Hey Rob, I'll write a tutorial in RCJetDude's "A-10 Modifications" thread so we can organize all the mod discussion there. Check for it in about 30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              More A-10 shots...stay tuned for video.

Name:	20170529_202603226_iOS.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	78115

Name:	20170529_202532090_iOS.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	78116

Name:	20170529_202453304_iOS.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	78117

Very nice, cudos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hey Rob, I'll write a tutorial in RCJetDude's "A-10 Modifications" thread so we can organize all the mod discussion there. Check for it in about 30 minutes.
                                Awesome Thanks Alpha!

Comment

• Here's a little video I did of Steve's (RCJetDude) A-10...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Awesome Thanks Alpha!
                                    Here you go!

Comment

• Purchased the T at the squadron ready room including the shoulder patch, velcro included. I guess that makes me official. When my FW A-10 gets here I will be definitely wearing this shirt. No email yet on mine to arrive, anyone else?

Comment

• They are scheduled to ship this week, keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Great stuff ti. Awesome job rcjetdude.

Comment

Working...
                                          X