X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Oh no, nothing like that Todd! I phrased it badly and should have said I'm not sure of the thinking behind this play being designed in. All my experience tells me that when you allow a joint like this to accelerate before it stops (with excessive clearance) the loads are only increased. I'll leave mine modified and see how it goes- if it breaks (cause I'm wrong) I'll humbly just buy another retract.:)
    Tom
    No worries Tom, it seems backwards to me as well. :)
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks allot Todd. Not to be a pain but could you post the distance each of those marks are from say the stepdown? Just want to make sure I have it right. Thanks again, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Very cool! Is that nose art waterslide or like the rest of Callie's graphics?
        Same great vinyl as the rest of her graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
          Thanks allot Todd. Not to be a pain but could you post the distance each of those marks are from say the stepdown? Just want to make sure I have it right. Thanks again, Brad
          No problem Brad!

The forward battery (the battery closest to the nose) measured from the back of the LiPo to the edge is 5 inches.

The aft battery measured from the front of the LiPo to the edge is 6 inches.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

No I haven't had to carve anything out...Here's a photo (It's at an angle so note the black vertical marks I etched in...The first one on the left is for the front of the first 6S and the second one on the right is for the back of the second 6S...
            That's close to where my Admirals are. The top one is flush with the step down. The lower one the end of the battery is lined up with the 2nd long oval on the wooden tray. Flys great, I have 5 flights on her.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

This is the guy I got mine from. Quick and fast shipping.I'm sure you can find them for a little less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-JST-XH-6S-...3D322285988460
              Yep, I found them at Buddy RC for about $4.50 cents cheaper for 5... That is quite a markup they have there... A lot of guys I fly with buy their batteries but I think the Admiral is a better buy...

Comment

• Wow Aros...where is your RX? Is it aft under your battery leads? Is that the satellite I see in the lower left?

Comment

No I haven't had to carve anything out...Here's a photo (It's at an angle so note the black vertical marks I etched in...The first one on the left is for the front of the first 6S and the second one on the right is for the back of the second 6S...

Click image for larger version

Name:	batts.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	81495

Those are the old style Admiral 5000"s, if you got the new longer ones they will not fit properly on top rail. I am mixing mine with longer new ones on bottom and older ones on top...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post

Flight 3 was my new T-45. Great flight, got it trimmed out but my landing was a little hard. Snapped the plastic rod on the gear that slides back and forth when the gear opens and closes. I was a little pissed as I didn't have my wings level when I touched down. Will have to either glue it or get another one. The plane was fine.
                    You can get a dowel and a piece of white heat shrink tubing. JB Weld the dowel into the trough on the back of the bar, slide the white heat shrink over it, heat, and viola!! Stronger than it was and perfect!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                      Buddy RC has them too
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Buddy RC has them too
                        Cool, Thanks

Comment

• Does anybody know why on the A-10, the front of gear pod is black on the starboard side? Nothing on port side. Curious :Confused:

Comment

Name:	batts.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	81495

Nice to see pics of the inside, thanks for posting.:Cool:
                            Billy

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

You can get a dowel and a piece of white heat shrink tubing. JB Weld the dowel into the trough on the back of the bar, slide the white heat shrink over it, heat, and viola!! Stronger than it was and perfect!!
                              Thanks and great chatting with you. Will work on this fix this weekend. I will keep the extra parts in the parts drawer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                                Does anybody know why on the A-10, the front of gear pod is black on the starboard side? Nothing on port side. Curious :Confused:
                                Avionics bay or some such equipment in the starboard wing wheel pod. Air Force painted it like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtzz View Post
                                  A little taste of the Flying Razorback, from Callie.
                                  Any difficulty in applying the nose art and getting it symmetrical?

Comment

• Anyone else have to hog foam to balance the A-10? I had to carve out a channel in the bottom of the canopy as I had to stack the batteries in a weird way to get it to balance. Going to have to get creative with getting the front battery to stay in place.

Name:	20170615_190145.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	81531Click image for larger version

Name:	20170615_190149.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	81532Click image for larger version

Name:	20170615_190154.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	81533

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
                                      Anyone else have to hog foam to balance the A-10? I had to carve out a channel in the bottom of the canopy as I had to stack the batteries in a weird way to get it to balance. Going to have to get creative with getting the front battery to stay in place.
                                      move the control board back, you can easily slide it back and put the two front screws in the two rear screw holes in the fuse then you won't need to stack them like that.

TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• The port side had the ground refueling point in it. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                                        Does anybody know why on the A-10, the front of gear pod is black on the starboard side? Nothing on port side. Curious :Confused:

Comment

• It's for the electronics and sensors that go in the nose of a normal fighter. As, well, the nose of the A-10 is otherwise spoken for. :)
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X