X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Ha-ha-ha! It would be awesome to fly with you. Some of these flying fields I keep seeing in videos are just amazing, and to see them in person would be something else.
    It's, hands down, the nicest and best field I've ever seen... Let alone been to. Pure EDF heaven man!

See ya next year! Haha! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

oh and for those who are using a lemon receiver..............DONT.............. pardon the pun ... but they are "lemons"

I lost my A-10 using one...
      Sorry to hear that you lost your bird. Just out of curiosity, what specific model Lemon receiver(s) were you using? Is there any chance something else may have caused the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

It's, hands down, the nicest and best field I've ever seen... Let alone been to. Pure EDF heaven man!

See ya next year! Haha! ;)
        I sure hope so!

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

you were scolded..... not really yelled at.............LOL

oh and for those who are using a lemon receiver..............DONT.............. pardon the pun ... but they are "lemons"

I lost my A-10 using one...

I know, who maidens with an unproven receiver?.. (that would be this guy!!)..... it cut out twice during the flight and while trying to get it back... signal was lost completely and down she went.
          Oh wow, the first reported down A-10! I wondered if any had been lost yet, biput I wasn't expecting it t be because of a receiver. So sorry to hear that!

Comment

• I've used lemons in several planes. Okay but I'm convinced they don't like my Dx9. Lost a few that I had blamed on a Bermuda Triangle syndrome. For my high end planes like the A-10, I'm sticking with genuine Spectrum. That way, I remove some doubt.

Maybe just me...

Hawk
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
              Brad,
              Here's where I'm happy with CG and the new Admiral 5000s
              Did you have to add any weight to the tail?

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                I've used lemons in several planes. Okay but I'm convinced they don't like my Dx9. Lost a few that I had blamed on a Bermuda Triangle syndrome. For my high end planes like the A-10, I'm sticking with genuine Spectrum. That way, I remove some doubt.

Maybe just me...

Hawk
                I like to run JR receivers (over genuine Spektrum) when I can find a good used one. Now that JR has moved away from DSMX it's pretty much impossible to get a new one.
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Is it late June yet! I'm chomping at the bit to get mine!

Comment

• I have to ask, why use RX's that are not made by Futaba or Spektrum? I know that they may be cheaper, but if I have a problem with my RX/TX, I can scream at Horizon and they will do right by me. Just asking.

Comment

• Two maidens in one evening on two incredible planes... Been waiting on the wind to cooperate and tonight we had 9 to 15 mph right down the runway...
                      I put 2 flights on the Avanti, flys like it is on rails, just like you heard in previous posts...
                      I flew the A-10 once as the field was getting crowded and I had a nose wheel gear door come out of the slot and would not open again after the nose wheel was down. I put it back in the slot, but I want to look into this before I fly again...
                      The landings on both planes were great, The Avanti the best... The A-10 I was a little up and down on landing. Maybe a little nervous after reading about all the hard bounces. But with a little throttle management and a light finger on the elevator we greased her in with a little nose high attitude...
                      Both planes are awesome, fly fantastic...
                      Anyone looking for a Stinger 90...

Comment

• Originally posted by Terran47 View Post
                        I maidened my A-10 this morning and experienced the same issues as the rest. I changed the position of the elevator and added the amount of up as shown in the directions but it was still not enough and I had to add about 5 clicks of up. My CG is dead on, I adjusted the position of the Admiral batteries while adding a total of 2 Oz of weight to the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer. The plane flew great and after going to full flaps on landing it floated in with no bounce at all. I used all of the recommended settings but there are a couple of settings that are a little to aggressive, the rudder throw is way to much for low rates and since I fly off of an asphalt runway I fishtailed extensively on takeoff so I reduced the rates so it was more steerable. The directions also said to use full rates on the first flight, that was a mistake and I almost lost it due to over sensitivity. Excellent aircraft.
                        After moving batteries and adding weight, what was the new CG?

Comment

• Originally posted by gnat8750 View Post

Did you have to add any weight to the tail?
                          No I didn't.
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Just wanted to show some of my additions to the A-10 travel stand...

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                              Just wanted to show some of my additions to the A-10 travel stand...
                              Good idea. I was thinking about how to add a spar holder to mine. (the one in the wing bag is too long and makes getting them out a pain)..
                              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• What a Plane.....Had a Blast flying it at "JetJam". Sorry you couldn't stick around RCJetdude(Steve), but looks like you were racking up the sorties in Muncie.

Comment

• Wow....they just hit the streets and are winning awards. Congrats !
                                  I have a question. Is the grey on the jet the factory
                                  Paint ?

Plane

Comment

• Yes it is. I was really crunched on time, to "Git er' Done" for JetJam, so I just masked off the grey(which was a close match to the photo anyway), and proceeded to knock it out.

Comment

• Did you use a low tack blue painters tape that dident
                                      lift the factory grey ?

BTW you saved weight using stock grey...lol

Comment

• I've found that the Yellow "Frog Tape" works GREAT. It's designed for "sensitive" surfaces. I also did all of the base White, with an airbrush, which saved a ton on paint, which in turn, saved on weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
                                          I have to ask, why use RX's that are not made by Futaba or Spektrum? I know that they may be cheaper, but if I have a problem with my RX/TX, I can scream at Horizon and they will do right by me. Just asking.
                                          It's very hard to prove it was a radio problem that causes your loss. You can scream all you want. They may do right by you, but that's not going to be what happens to most people who try to claim a $400.00 plane due to a RX problem. Too many people out there who will try any excuse to hide dumb thumbs. If it gives you a good feeling to pay 3 to 4 times the price for a "genuine" product, then please do. Personally, I'd prefer to pay a fraction of that for a product that has a very good track record. In fact, I've had complete success with Lemons. I can't say the same for Spektrum. I've had 3 AR8000's and several AR636A's that have been garbage and lost me planes and no, I didn't try crying to Horizon to pay for new planes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X