Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear ya, barron06.....I've been using the "bubble-wrap" method for years, and it works just fine. I do have one of these new ones though, and I is suppose to hold BOTH wings. We'll see when the wings ACTUALLY arrive. Somewhere back in this thread, one of the guys, was going to see if they could do a test-fit, on Alpha/xplaneguy's prototype, but I never read any results.....T-Cat, was that You ?

Comment

• Wing bags? Whats a wing bag? Is that like the big black bag that one will need occasionally?LOL

Sorry, I better stick with the popcorn...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
        I hear ya, barron06.....I've been using the "bubble-wrap" method for years, and it works just fine. I do have one of these new ones though, and I is suppose to hold BOTH wings. We'll see when the wings ACTUALLY arrive. Somewhere back in this thread, one of the guys, was going to see if they could do a test-fit, on Alpha/xplaneguy's prototype, but I never read any results.....T-Cat, was that You ?
        :Cool: That was me. When I originally found the bags and ordered some, I wanted to do a test fit. I would have to coordinate with Alpha or XPlane though since one or the other has the plane. Anytime we are all free, I'll bring the bags to the field to see if they are cool with us doing a quick test fit of the wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
          Wing bags? Whats a wing bag? Is that like the big black bag that one will need occasionally?LOL

Sorry, I better stick with the popcorn...

Wing bag...Someone who talks too much...
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
            Nice bags but I wonder if they will fit the A-10 wing. These bags have a taper to 10"... what is the A-10 wing chord? As someone mentioned, 2 bags will be needed (15.00 x 2). I'm thinking on simply making mine up with some foil faced bubble wrap. They won't be as protective but it will work for me. Also, I'll have enough left over to make more bags if needed and at 16.00, I cannot argue with the price. Of course, the guys at the field will give me crap... "500.00 plane 5.00 bags".

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Reflectix...6025/100012574
            If you ordered the large bag then there's plenty of room in there for both. I have both of my wings in one bag (it's doubled-up for 2 wings), of my Carbon Z Cub, and there's room left on both sides of the divider. The Carbon Z is 84" wingspan...larger than the A-10.

Comment

• I'm thinking the only "snag" with these bags will be the pitot tube in the right hand wing. Unless it's removed prior to sliding them in it's likely to snag something on the way in or out. The loadout package would of course be removed and store in one of the pouches for storage and transport.
              The bags seem pretty nice really with a built in pocket for the wing spars and two large zippered pouches outside where the armament package could be stored.
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Hey Aros,

since we we are all sitting around talking about waiting... any news on the manual or the official build video. Something to keep us all quiet.

I also went for the HK wing bag.

Comment

• Our sample is on the way. Should have a build within the next couple of weeks, Capt. Mike style. Until then here's a little eye candy from Mike and I's photoshoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
                    Nice bags but I wonder if they will fit the A-10 wing. These bags have a taper to 10"... what is the A-10 wing chord? As someone mentioned, 2 bags will be needed (15.00 x 2). I'm thinking on simply making mine up with some foil faced bubble wrap. They won't be as protective but it will work for me. Also, I'll have enough left over to make more bags if needed and at 16.00, I cannot argue with the price. Of course, the guys at the field will give me crap... "500.00 plane 5.00 bags".

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Reflectix...6025/100012574
                    You won't need two bags, most good ones have a pocket inside to seperate the two wing halves. The hk one does. They also come in different sizes, my biggest fits the wings from a 92inch plane with room to spare. I've got 5 sets of wingbags for all my planes over 63inch (anything over 63 inches I can't fit in the fourby without taking the wings off), pic has my 74 inch 3DHS edge wings in it, (bigger than the a-10), and you can see it has about another 12 inches spare in height and about 8 inches spare at the tapered bottom. This one is about the size of a golf bag. Most manufacturers give you wingbags with the kit for anything over 70inches. (Hint motion lol). ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0957.JPG Views:	2 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	72337Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1040.JPG Views:	1 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	72338

Comment

• Good one Shirty....... with the MRC logo on it of coarse!!:)Brad

Comment

• I`ll be ordering on the next batch can`t wait to see you guys showing up , and hearing the flying reports from you fortunate first pre order pilots .

Comment

• Does anyone know if they are on the water yet?

Comment

• Guys, I've joined the A10 party very late and I'm only on page 18 of this thread trying to catch up...but I'm thrilled as heck to say I've pre-ordered mine and I can't wait...I'm so excited, flying off of grass this bird fits the bill perfectly! Super pumped! (In case you can't detect my excitement) :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              Does anyone know if they are on the water yet?
                              Nope.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Grats tsmith. Welcome to the thread. I think we are all super excited to get this one. For me, it ticks all the boxes I've been wanting in foamies. Especially the size. I'm sooo happy that some manufacturers are starting to look into the bigger sizes again. For years we had just a few 1700 fms models, and that was pretty much about it. Now we have quite a few more choices from a few manufacturers, I couldn't be happier. Well, if freewing do a big f22 and a phantom, I'd be happier still. :)

Comment

• Welcome Tsmith! Good group of Folks here. And so far waiting Patiently... Well, there's been a couple times thought it was going to get ugly. Then Aros would step in with a fake page for a Pre-Order and distract everyone again.LOL HAhahahaha.... Make it a BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT Day! ;)
                                  Jim

Comment

• I have one of these on pre-order through Reds radio control in the UK. it looks like a very impressive kit. has anyone actually got one of these in their possession yet? I just wonder what the first batch of models are like as with most kits of this kind its not until the second or thrid batch are released that the problems and niggles are sorted out. I wonder how well Freewing will get the quality issues sorted with the first batch before people start offering feedback on how well each one of the kits is in comparison with the rest. As far as personalisation goes how easy will it be to customise one of these and make it more realistic. Does anyone have links to the ordinance options on this too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Small world, I used to work P/T for RC Aerodyne years ago. Their office is about 25 minutes from me. I always marveled at the cool scale stuff Cliff would bring in to tinker with and sell. Some stuff was never brought to market but man were they cool to look at. I would have snagged that A-10 if I was still there. I got the Baron which was pretty sweet.
                                      whatever happened to the king air. i just so wanted that kint it looked amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

it is sold by rc aerodyne

http://www.scaleflying.com/A-10-Full...-2_p_4388.html

it is was originally sold with fans, now without
                                        1600 dollars compared to 500. the aerodyne one may look a amazing but at that price there is no contest. Scale flying make some great kits but they are very pricey for what they are

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                          Yeah, it's properly referred to as "crocodiling". ;)

The cells in the foam react to heat, causing them to become very visible, like a "crocodile skin". As dark colours absorb more light, leading to more heat, it's most noticeable on these, black especially.
                                          My Freewing sabre has this. its not a nice effect as you expect the surface to be un foam recognisable. but from a distance you cant really tell especially in the air

Comment

Working...
                                          X