X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    Little something posted from my turbine vid thread to tide you boys over. ;) pretty cool.
    The Mibo is bigger than the Skymaster it looks like but how do they compare in other areas like quality, detail, ease of assembly, cost? Not that I can afford either... just curious if anyone has any experience or opinions of both so that when I hit it big in the lottery.... you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      And another fun video:
      https://youtu.be/3yAMzbixR8U
      OMG that is amazing.... Oh yea!!! I just got inspired to find that as a ring tone for my iphone!!!! Man I hope I can find one?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The Mibo is bigger than the Skymaster it looks like but how do they compare in other areas like quality, detail, ease of assembly, cost? Not that I can afford either... just curious if anyone has any experience or opinions of both so that when I hit it big in the lottery.... you know.
        I haven't seen either a10 in the flesh so couldn't say. I can tell you we have a lot of skymasters at my club and they are all pretty stunning. The tb f16 and the fa18 are amazing in their detail. Jet legends make some nice models too. Their f22 is pretty sweet.

but they'll all pale in comparison to my freewing a-10... ;)

Comment

• Omg! I didn't know it could fit 90mm until now. Wow. Makes me want it even more.

Comment

• You guys may have already seen this, but I found this A-10 story to be pretty enlightening. Makes me even more excited to get this baby in my hangar line-up. I really hope that powder system gets created. Come on Andrew, you can do it brother!

Comment

• F-35? No need. The A-10's got this. LOL
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• BTW, got all excited seeing the A-10 ad with Victor and Tony in the June Model Airplane News and what looked like a full story on it farther back, But it was a case of "lunchbag letdown" when I realized the story was on the FMS A-10. I'm thinking it was great though that MRC kind of preempted the story with the cool full page ad:Cool:Brad

Comment

• Yeah our ad was placed opposite the table of contents. FMS' version is above and I think most folks will just assume that's ours, given the proximity to our ad. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	man.png
Views:	177
Size:	535.7 KB
ID:	70464

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• You couldn't have gotten a better marketing foopah. Someone could have claimed to be a marketing master if it had been a pre-calculated plan. :Don't-tell-Anyone:LOL
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Yeah our ad was placed opposite the table of contents. FMS' version is above and I think most folks will just assume that's ours, given the proximity to our ad. LOL
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	man.png Views:	1 Size:	535.7 KB ID:	70464

Alpha told me about the ad but this is the first time I've seen it. Very nice! Well positioned too.

Comment

• Video I shot at the 2008 Florida Jets event

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                          Alpha told me about the ad but this is the first time I've seen it. Very nice!
                          Thanks! The models were a big help. ;) LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Will you guys be at Apollo this weekend? I would love to get my hands on the A-10 for just one flight.... please say yes!!!
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              F-35? No need. The A-10's got this. LOL
                              Well, while we are waiting - thought I'd share some aviation news.

Last month we finally saw our first two RAAF F35's on Australian soil for the first time, at the Australian international air show. (Unlike you lucky buggers in the USA, this is our one big airshow). Originally ordered in 2002 with delivery slated for 2012, it's been years behind schedule and billions of dollars over budget - so it was fantastic to see them finally here. These are the first two as part of 72 F35's ordered for the RAAF under the joint strike fighter program. Whilst these two are still under the administration of the USAF as part of the international training pool of the 56th fighter wing at Luke Air Force base in Arizona, the USAF authorised the trip down under. They flew from Arizona to Hawaii, then Guam then finally landing in Brisbane, refuelling with a RAAF KC-30 air tanker along the way to make the mammoth journey.

The F35 has come a long way, with its inclusion in the red flag exercises at nellis air force base in Nevada for the first time this year. The F35's hit 49 from 51 simulated Sam sites, with the two missed due to weapons failures. F35's also achieved a kill ratio of over 20-1.

Whilst the F35's were the star of the show for Aussie fans, there was plenty to see from airforces from all over the world, including a USAF F22. We also received our first EA-18G growlers, the only country outside the USA to have them, and they are part of a joint development between the US navy and the RAAF. We have also ordered the MQ-9 reaper drones and the Heron tp drones, though when we will finally see them is anyone's guess.

Exciting times for aussie military jet fans. Hopefully freewing will do a 90mm F35 down the track. I'd love to get one in RAAF colours.

(Sort for the bad quality pics, they come from a magazine I subscribe too).

back to your regular programming... ;)

Comment

• Pardon if this has aleady been posted. A DCS: A-10C trailer for the simulator of the same name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8LKJh6Xc0
                                Anyway it should get one in the mood to fly the A-10 EDF model.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The Mibo is bigger (120" wingspan vs 109") and is not an ARF. Also costs about twice as much. However, it is more scale and a MUCH better flying jet than the Skymaster, partly because they end up weighing about the same. The Skymaster is also a handful if an engine quits and many have been lost as a result. The Mibo handles engine-outs much better (I've had two). Below are some pics of my Mibo A-10 and here's a link to a YouTube video a few years back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqFhJqmxT4
                                  Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Well, while we are waiting - thought I'd share some aviation news.

Last month we finally saw our first two RAAF F35's on Australian soil for the first time, at the Australian international air show. (Unlike you lucky buggers in the USA, this is our one big airshow). Originally ordered in 2002 with delivery slated for 2012, it's been years behind schedule and billions of dollars over budget - so it was fantastic to see them finally here. These are the first two as part of 72 F35's ordered for the RAAF under the joint strike fighter program. Whilst these two are still under the administration of the USAF as part of the international training pool of the 56th fighter wing at Luke Air Force base in Arizona, the USAF authorised the trip down under. They flew from Arizona to Hawaii, then Guam then finally landing in Brisbane, refuelling with a RAAF KC-30 air tanker along the way to make the mammoth journey.

The F35 has come a long way, with its inclusion in the red flag exercises at nellis air force base in Nevada for the first time this year. The F35's hit 49 from 51 simulated Sam sites, with the two missed due to weapons failures. F35's also achieved a kill ratio of over 20-1.

Whilst the F35's were the star of the show for Aussie fans, there was plenty to see from airforces from all over the world, including a USAF F22. We also received our first EA-18G growlers, the only country outside the USA to have them, and they are part of a joint development between the US navy and the RAAF. We have also ordered the MQ-9 reaper drones and the Heron tp drones, though when we will finally see them is anyone's guess.

Exciting times for aussie military jet fans. Hopefully freewing will do a 90mm F35 down the track. I'd love to get one in RAAF colours.

(Sort for the bad quality pics, they come from a magazine I subscribe too).

back to your regular programming... ;)

I am not really a fan of the F-35. It seems to me like it was quite a waste of money. But I was able to see it perform at the Nellis Aviation Nation Open house back in November. It is a very cool looking and sounding jet! The sound that the engine makes is like no other. I just see the A-10 as a tried and true that should be upgraded in some way. They know it works... Just make it better!

That is also pretty cool to see that you guys are getting the growler!! I saw that perform at the show as well and get buzzed by them several times a week.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigG View Post

The Mibo is bigger (120" wingspan vs 109") and is not an ARF. Also costs about twice as much. However, it is more scale and a MUCH better flying jet than the Skymaster, partly because they end up weighing about the same. The Skymaster is also a handful if an engine quits and many have been lost as a result. The Mibo handles engine-outs much better (I've had two). Below are some pics of my Mibo A-10 and here's a link to a YouTube video a few years back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqFhJqmxT4
                                      Craig
                                      Our collective turbine model A-10 envy is showing. :Drooling:

The Mibo is a gorgeous model. I was oooh'ing and aaaah'ing over the arctic camo one the other day. Stunning detail. Thanks for sharing.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                        I am not really a fan of the F-35. It seems to me like it was quite a waste of money. But I was able to see it perform at the Nellis Aviation Nation Open house back in November. It is a very cool looking and sounding jet! The sound that the engine makes is like no other. I just see the A-10 as a tried and true that should be upgraded in some way. They know it works... Just make it better!
                                        The A-10 is perfect for the conflicts going on right now. TONS of firepower, tough as nails, low maintenance cost, and very efficient at low speeds. But, it wouldn't stand much of a chance against a modern air defense system. Top of the line Chinese or Russian AA systems are no joke, and if/when they are sold to countries like Iran, we'll be in dire need of the stealthy F-35 and its sensor suites. No matter how much you upgrade it, you won't be able to make an A-10 stealthy. I have friends in F-35 flight test, and all I'll say is that its certainly no joke! There is a reason they kicked everyone else's rear at red flag this year. I really would prefer to keep both though. One of the F-35 pilots that I have talked to participated in an exercise with some A-10s. The F-35s led the way and cleaned up all of the SAM and radar sites, leaving the A-10s free to clean up shop on the ground targets. That is an awesome a very lethal strike package!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garyss View Post
                                          Pardon if this has aleady been posted. A DCS: A-10C trailer for the simulator of the same name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8LKJh6Xc0
                                          Anyway it should get one in the mood to fly the A-10 EDF model.
                                          Man, that was an "Awesome" video of the A-10. That was a fun ride! Will have to show that to my 6 year old. The A-10 is his absolute all-time favorite jet!

Comment

Working...
                                          X