X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two stock fans that were balanced with with 5042-500kv motors

i probably could use a higher KV motor but the guy I bought it from had these done with castle ESCs. I was thinking of trying to use two TJ100 setups I have but they only produce around 12 lbs of thrust I believe so I'm going to stick with these. A-10s aren't supposed to be speed demons so in hoping this will fly scale. If I'm totally unhappy with it I'll get some JF fans for it

Comment

• How heavy should it come in at and what ballpark price range are you shooting for if you don't mind my asking? I would love to buid a larger composite EDF sometime soon and I was unfamiliar with the Roban until I think you mentioned it.

Comment

• I'm expecting it to be 30lbs or so with two 12s 6200 battery setups

I think I will have $2700 in it total

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
          I'm expecting it to be 30lbs or so with two 12s 6200 battery setups

I think I will have $2700 in it total
          Seriously? That's really good. How much was the kit itself and where did you get it?

Comment

• Can someone kindly tell me the difference in pnp and arf+ please? Thanks so much

Comment

• PNP just needs receiver/radio and battery whereas ARF+ also needs a fan/motor and ESC as well.

Comment

• Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Seriously? That's really good. How much was the kit itself and where did you get it?

it is sold by rc aerodyne

http://www.scaleflying.com/A-10-Full...-2_p_4388.html

it is was originally sold with fans, now without

Comment

• Small world, I used to work P/T for RC Aerodyne years ago. Their office is about 25 minutes from me. I always marveled at the cool scale stuff Cliff would bring in to tinker with and sell. Some stuff was never brought to market but man were they cool to look at. I would have snagged that A-10 if I was still there. I got the Baron which was pretty sweet.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got to see a Roban fly at our club Fun Fly yesterday. Man, what a beast! Flew great, but he had a little bit of a bouncy landing. One main a little bent, but nothing that can't be easily fixed.

Regarding flat finishes, I have been spraying my planes with Testors Dullcote. Most craft stores still carry it. Works great!
                      Pat

Comment

• Thats alot of dallar signs blowing in the wind:Scared:
                        Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Small world, I used to work P/T for RC Aerodyne years ago. Their office is about 25 minutes from me. I always marveled at the cool scale stuff Cliff would bring in to tinker with and sell. Some stuff was never brought to market but man were they cool to look at. I would have snagged that A-10 if I was still there. I got the Baron which was pretty sweet.
                          Can you call him and ask him to replace my nose gear????????????? I'll order another plane from motion!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            Got to see a Roban fly at our club Fun Fly yesterday. Man, what a beast! Flew great, but he had a little bit of a bouncy landing. One main a little bent, but nothing that can't be easily fixed.

Regarding flat finishes, I have been spraying my planes with Testors Dullcote. Most craft stores still carry it. Works great!
                            yeah, I still use dull coat.... lots of it, just wish they had bigger cans of it.

Comment

• Here's a photo of the decals, and below that is a link to the decal layout sheet...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170417_133109.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	71962

Here's the decal layout instruction sheet...
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Cool. Thanks for posting it.

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

Can you call him and ask him to replace my nose gear????????????? I'll order another plane from motion!! LOL
                                  They are having me return it and sending me a new one, great customer service

on a side note those are awesome decals

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    Here's a photo of the decals, and below that is a link to the decal layout sheet...

Here's the decal layout instruction sheet...
                                    So... will the sheets included in the kit already have pieces cut out of them? LOL
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I think that's aros' job. He goes through each set cutting em out for us before shipping. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                        I think that's aros' job. He goes through each set cutting em out for us before shipping. ;)
                                        LOL..........:Thinking:...........might be above his pay grade :Silly:LOL Oh c'mon Aros here's some :Love:now get on Alpha about that :ov10 ;)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Nah, I'm the one in charge of removing that one screw you can never find in the box. LOL
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X