Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is kinda funny watching y'all fix it and it hasn't even been made yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
      This is kinda funny watching y'all fix it and it hasn't even been made yet.
      FF.............Funny, it has been made ;) That's why I asked for measurements from Tony who is one of the pre-release testers. All the evidence by real pictures shows that the gear is not to my expectations so am planning to have the fix for the shortfall when it arrives. I don't see Freewing making the gear more scale this late in the process.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Isn't what we've seen more of a prototype not the production model.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          Isn't what we've seen more of a prototype not the production model.
          I believe it is sort of both, but please correct me if I'm wrong though. I think the foam is a final EPO cast from the production model, and the gear are also final. The small detail parts like antennas, final pilot, and cockpit detail are not yet added, and the paint scheme is not production either. Several power systems were also being tested on this model, but it looks like the current 9-blade setup is here to stay. And +1 on what OV10 said.

Comment

• I would have to say not likely prototype for when the standard batch of west coastie testers have them in their hands now and teasing the rest of us it means the molds are done and the machining is complete.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• :rolleyes: Landing Gear, What Landing Gear?

Comment

• Ok I stand corrected from what I gathered from what I've read they were still more in development and yea I'm sure the landing won't be scale without a smooth hard surface it wouldn't work for most people.

Comment

• Decellerons would have been a cool feature. One of the main reasons for its exceptional ground support capability. But I understand they probably would not transfer well in a scaled down model.

Bring it on. I'm ready !
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Yeah Buddy! So ready....

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                      I would have to say not likely prototype for when the standard batch of west coastie testers have them in their hands now and teasing the rest of us it means the molds are done and the machining is complete.
                      I have the only prototype at the moment. The foam and gear are pretty much final. Not teasing at all, just sharing how we evaluate models and provide feedback prior to production. Most folks have been very receptive and supportive of the videos and photos shared with this community.

Clearblue, The gear up landing occurred here at Edwards AFB, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                        I have the only prototype at the moment. The foam and gear are pretty much final. Not teasing at all, just sharing how we evaluate models and provide feedback prior to production. Most folks have been very receptive and supportive of the videos and photos shared with this community.

Clearblue, The gear up landing occurred here at Edwards AFB, CA
                        Tony.........the word teasing was not meant in a derogatory sense, I was having some fun on you guys because we all wish we were in your shoes ;)
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Tony.........the word teasing was not meant in a derogatory sense, I was having some fun on you guys because we all wish we were in your shoes ;)
                          Same here, I've said teasing a couple times. But what OV said is also true for me. I'm very thankful that folks like you get a chance to let the rest of us get a backroom preview, so to speak. And Just a little jealous! ;) What was the cause of the wheels up landing, Did you ever hear?

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            ... The gear will be great for the grass guys, and looks to be built very well. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but with a decently smooth runway I'd prefer gear that looks as scale as the rest of the model. Is there any chance that we might see an aftermarket "scale gear" add-on? Would really make the model look fantastic for those aren't doing rough field ops.
                            +1. I fly off of pavement and would definitely purchase aftermarket "scale gear" a la the Flightline P-38.

Comment

• I luv the A10 with 80-90mm edf. Cant wait to get the new engines. Thanks all for the info on here. Salute u all.

Comment

• Try the gear from an F-5, thats what I did, its not a perfect fit, had to do some foam trimming, and a 180 on the oleos but at least its got sprung gear. Had to make a paperclip mod to front gear door to keep it from hanging upon the strut, but you cant see it all nless ur looking for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post

Same here, I've said teasing a couple times. But what OV said is also true for me. I'm very thankful that folks like you get a chance to let the rest of us get a backroom preview, so to speak. And Just a little jealous! ;) What was the cause of the wheels up landing, Did you ever hear?
                                  The A-10 had a problem with the cannon double feeding rounds causing a chain reaction that kept the nose gear from dropping. My first Wing (1990) was the 23rd when they were at England AFB in LA. The first week I got to watch one come in with that issue. Needless to say several months earlier they had one happen and the pilot bent the jet so it was basically only good to go on a stick in a museum. This day he literally greased the landing and only had to jack it up and get the nose gear down and pull her into the hangar. One tough SOB...I mean bird!

Comment

• So a double feed with detonation? Probably tons of damage in the gun bay, which is right there at the nose gear. Never really thought about that happening. But I've seen a double feed in a semi auto shotgun before. It's not pretty. Cant imagine what damage a 30mm round could do?

Comment

• Best setup using 8 channel receiver on the FW T45 90mm

Comment

• Little follow up on T45. Using spektrum dx8 radio and spektrum 8 channel receiver. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Just noticing that the last few posts are all from guys with 20 posts or less, Hey, welcome to the Squawk guys, if no one has said it before, glad to have you aboard!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X