Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever since this new A-10 was announced I have been flying my A-10C a lot more in the DCS flight simulator. It is so realistic that it takes time just to become familiar with all of its systems. For those of you that are true A-10 diehards that would like to experience how it would be like to fly an actual hog, this simulator is the next best thing and the best there is of the most accurate simulation available of the A-10. This simulator came about because the developer was originally contracted by the US Military to make them a simulator to train their pilots. After they were finished they got permission from the military to develop a consumer version of the A-10C.
    Here is an interview with the developer for those that would like more info. http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2011...a10cs-jim.html

Here is a good video of the A-10C in action in the simulator.
    DCS World: Clearing the Way (A-10c Warthog)I think I forgot to turn my lights off.Only just reached the point with the Hog where I can fly complete and compl...

For those interested in checking out DCS ( Digital Combat Simulator ) you can download DCS for free and it includes a Su-25T and TF-51D. But you will have to buy the A-10C module in able to fly the Hog.
    Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

You can find the A-10 module here. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c..._a10c_warthog/

The only requirements is a descent PC (check system requirements) and a flight stick which can be found for cheap nowadays for a decent one. I use the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick and its one of the most highly rated for its price of $39 on Amazon.

Comment

• I'll have to try out DCS. I've watched a few videos, and it looks accurate. It seems I'd need to reinvest in proper control gear and an instrument panel to get the full experience, though. And, every second I'm flying a simulator, is a second I'm not working on new planes. So, I don't think anyone would really want me to get into DCS or War Thunder or anything else, for that matter :)
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        I'll have to try out DCS. I've watched a few videos, and it looks accurate. It seems I'd need to reinvest in proper control gear and an instrument panel to get the full experience, though. And, every second I'm flying a simulator, is a second I'm not working on new planes. So, I don't think anyone would really want me to get into DCS or War Thunder or anything else, for that matter :)
        No sim or games for you.........just keep your head in that navigators scope and stay focused on the target I set out there for ya.......HA :cool:
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'll have to try out DCS. I've watched a few videos, and it looks accurate. It seems I'd need to reinvest in proper control gear and an instrument panel to get the full experience, though. And, every second I'm flying a simulator, is a second I'm not working on new planes. So, I don't think anyone would really want me to get into DCS or War Thunder or anything else, for that matter :)
          Please just keep working on providing us awesome planes to fly. ;)

Comment

I have a lot of free time to test things for you......just sayin......lol

Comment

• What a bunch of hard nosedt guys, sheesh! You can take Christmas day off to try it - but that's it man ;)

Comment

• We all know Santa works on Christmas, plus if he had a day off, he'd be flying this A-10 and other new goodies. ;)

Comment

• Cleared in HOT! That second picture looks great!

Oh don't worry, guys, I have my naughty and nice list.

Comment

• That's your killer photo just cleaned up and rotated....nice job! :cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                      Ever since this new A-10 was announced I have been flying my A-10C a lot more in the DCS flight simulator. It is so realistic that it takes time just to become familiar with all of its systems. For those of you that are true A-10 diehards that would like to experience how it would be like to fly an actual hog, this simulator is the next best thing and the best there is of the most accurate simulation available of the A-10. This simulator came about because the developer was originally contracted by the US Military to make them a simulator to train their pilots. After they were finished they got permission from the military to develop a consumer version of the A-10C.
                      Here is an interview with the developer for those that would like more info. http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2011...a10cs-jim.html

Here is a good video of the A-10C in action in the simulator.
                      DCS World: Clearing the Way (A-10c Warthog)I think I forgot to turn my lights off.Only just reached the point with the Hog where I can fly complete and compl...

For those interested in checking out DCS ( Digital Combat Simulator ) you can download DCS for free and it includes a Su-25T and TF-51D. But you will have to buy the A-10C module in able to fly the Hog.
                      Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

You can find the A-10 module here. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c..._a10c_warthog/

The only requirements is a descent PC (check system requirements) and a flight stick which can be found for cheap nowadays for a decent one. I use the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick and its one of the most highly rated for its price of $39 on Amazon.
                      Fly in VR with an Oculus Rift and you'll truly feel what it's like to fly the hog.

Comment

• Working on a very early proof of concept for dispensing talcum powder from a tube located in the GAU-8. Powered by a regulated CO2 cartridge through a solenoid valve it would be good for multiple shots per flight. Powder is dispensed in a defined amount from a hopper into a firing chamber so to speak by a rotating barrel controlled by a servo.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Working on a very early proof of concept for dispensing talcum powder from a tube located in the GAU-8. Powered by a regulated CO2 cartridge through a solenoid valve it would be good for multiple shots per flight. Powder is dispensed in a defined amount from a hopper into a firing chamber so to speak by a rotating barrel controlled by a servo.
                          Fantastic mate! Keep at it. We need this.

Comment

• I love every bit of this. The initiative, the innovation, the tinkering, the execution. Very excited to see this in action!

Comment

• Thanks to both of you. I hope to have something functional today. My goal is to have something that can fire multiple times, expel forward from the cannon, uses easy to get materials to make and function and looks realistic all the while keeping it as small and light as possible. It also has to fit in the plane which can be a challenge without an actual plane to fit it in. Hopefully I can make it work. It will be a fun project at least.

Steve

Comment

• Subbed.....in line for one of these.

Comment

• Counting down the days till the A10 arrives

Comment

• Would also love to see a Glouster Meteor.... Already have the basic design in the ME 262.... Hmmmmmmm?

Comment

• Hi Xenicman, welcome to Hobbysquawk! There are indeed many twins I'd love to see. the Gloster Meteor is one of them. The only Allied jet deployed in WWII, and Britain's first operation jet fighter. The Gloster Meteor and EE Canberra would be nice flyers with their big wings.

Comment

• Amazing work man! That looks fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                                        X