Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail feathers done...working on the empennage and fuselage sections.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tail1.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	266793Click image for larger version

Name:	tail2.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	266795Click image for larger version

Name:	tail3.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	266794

Comment

• Splat Great work. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Splat Great work. Best, LB
        Thanks!!!

Plugging along on the fuselage and empennage...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200805_185739_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.7 KB ID:	266822Click image for larger version  Name:	20200805_190055_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	266823Click image for larger version  Name:	20200805_185653_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	266824Click image for larger version  Name:	20200805_185706_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	266825Click image for larger version  Name:	20200805_185806_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.4 KB ID:	266826Click image for larger version  Name:	20200805_190044_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	266827

Comment

• Looking good Splat! She sure looks a lot better dirty, right?
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            Looking good Splat! She sure looks a lot better dirty, right?
            Absolutely! I think the A-10 is meant to be downright filthy lol. Yours looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post

Thanks!!!

Plugging along on the fuselage and empennage...
              I found the nose decal to be the most challenging, getting everything flat and symmetric on both sides. But it is doable if you're careful and wet the area first. I think I used some of the Microscale decal products for those also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I found the nose decal to be the most challenging, getting everything flat and symmetric on both sides. But it is doable if you're careful and wet the area first. I think I used some of the Microscale decal products for those also.
                I spent a good two hours putting decals on the fuselage last night, haven't gotten to the nose art...that's tonight. I haven't done waterslide decals since I was a kid, kinda fun but kinda bad as an adult with OCD lol.

Comment

• The results are so worth it when you apply them correctly. And you can go as simple or complex as you like.
                  I know some guys that go ham and use modeling techniques to sink them in to each panel line and seal them up tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
                    The results are so worth it when you apply them correctly. And you can go as simple or complex as you like.
                    I know some guys that go ham and use modeling techniques to sink them in to each panel line and seal them up tight.
                    I kinda got to that point last night, I'm not looking at winning any scale model competitions and I was putting some of these little decals on and I was like why the hell am I doing all these? No one is ever going to notice. Then my career aviation quality assurance inspector / OCD brain said...because YOU will notice lol.

Comment

• Splat, AceMigKiller Gringotuerto are correct, Micro Set and Micro Sol work great at softening the decal and getting it to sink into the panel lines. Like you, I had not applied waterslides for many years. It took patience and good lighting, but I was pleased with the results. I did have to freehand paint the 'nostril' of the "Hawg" but easy enough. No matter which scheme you are doing, some touch up painting might be needed. Great work so far. Looking forward to seeing your finished airframe. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0003a - Copy.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	266882
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Niiice!

Comment

• That's a beautiful nose job.

Comment

• Elbee
                            Elbee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, it was the appropriate 'rhinoplasty' for a really cool swine. Best, LB

• The nose art decals are a pain in the a... I was just trying to get the Blacksnakes nose decal right and can't get the two sides to match. My OCD brain is not happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                            The nose art decals are a pain in the a... I was just trying to get the Blacksnakes nose decal right and can't get the two sides to match. My OCD brain is not happy!
                            I just finished my nose...the blacksnake and lets just say, HOLY CRAP...lol I'll post pics in a minute but I have another pressing question.

While I was dinking around with joining the fwd and aft fuselage parts I was running the wire from the rear strobe and noticed something. The wire connectors for the wings, are they supposed to be plugged into the corresponding side of the control board? Left to left and right to right? Mine are crossed...left goes to right, right goes to left. Do I need to swap them??

Name:	crossed.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	266955

Comment

• Okay I've about had it with these decals lol. I still have to finish the wings and engines when I get there but here are some looks at my snake...oh wait, can I do that here? It's not that kinda a forum. 🤣 I think it looks okay, my OCD wasn't having it.

Name:	snake4.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	266958Click image for larger version

Name:	snake5.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	266959Click image for larger version

Name:	snake3.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	266960Click image for larger version

Name:	snake1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	266961Click image for larger version

Name:	snake6.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	266962Click image for larger version

Name:	snake2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	266963

Comment

Okay I've about had it with these decals lol.
                                Ah that brings back memories. That was a PITA. I tried to align where certain features fall on the panel lines on both sides, to make them symmetric. Mine didn't turn out totally the same on both sides. But for the parts where you can only see one side at a time, who is ever going to notice any asymmetry anyway? It looks fine from one side, and from the front, and from the other side. Good enough!

Comment

Okay I've about had it with these decals lol. I still have to finish the wings and engines when I get there but here are some looks at my snake...oh wait, can I do that here? It's not that kinda a forum. 🤣 I think it looks okay, my OCD wasn't having it.
                                  SP, . Ya Dun Gud!. Looks great. Bravo Zulu, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I just finished my nose...the blacksnake and lets just say, HOLY CRAP...lol I'll post pics in a minute but I have another pressing question.

While I was dinking around with joining the fwd and aft fuselage parts I was running the wire from the rear strobe and noticed something. The wire connectors for the wings, are they supposed to be plugged into the corresponding side of the control board? Left to left and right to right? Mine are crossed...left goes to right, right goes to left. Do I need to swap them??

Name:	crossed.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	266955
                                    So anyone have an answer to this?

Comment

So anyone have an answer to this?
                                      The answer is NO! They're symmetrical. It doesn't matter which one goes to which side.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        The answer is NO! They're symmetrical. It doesn't matter which one goes to which side.
                                        Thanks Viper!

Comment

Working...
                                        X