X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
    Okay I've about had it with these decals lol.
    I feel ya. I've decal'd and weathered 3 of them since they first came out. On the last 2 I got the custom dragon nose art from Callie. All I can say is, soapy water is your friend!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1560.JPG Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	266994
    Pat

Comment

• Wow, it has been a while since I have been on the site - what amazing models. Here in the UK making the most of it ....it is Hot. Giving the Hog and airing. One step closer to being flown.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Splat;n266957]Okay I've about had it with these decals lol. I still have to finish the wings and engines when I get there but here are some looks at my snake...oh wait, can I do that here? It's not that kinda a forum. 🤣 I think it looks okay, my OCD wasn't having it.

That looks great, much better than mine. I think the trick is to lower the mouth. Mine at least has the eyes symmetrical now...at first it looked like a snake that took a side punch LoL!

Comment

• Originally posted by NJP View Post
          Wow, it has been a while since I have been on the site - what amazing models. Here in the UK making the most of it ....it is Hot. Giving the Hog and airing. One step closer to being flown.
          WOW! I LOVE how dirty your Arctic Girl is! Mine is far too pristine, in fact for being a Hog it's down right embarrassing. Yours really motivates me to get mine dirty and weathered. Looks fantastic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	done1.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	267065
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by NJP View Post
            Wow, it has been a while since I have been on the site - what amazing models. Here in the UK making the most of it ....it is Hot. Giving the Hog and airing. One step closer to being flown.
            NJ, Great looking A-10. I really like the 'contrasting' panel lines with the "Artic Camo". Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My FW A-10 taken by a friend.

Comment

• So programming the ESCs, the motor runs with the transmitter off and the battery still connected. Is this a trim issue?

Comment

Okay guys, I'm sitting here trying to arm/sync these ESCs and I can't get it so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. This is what I have done.

1. Reversed throttle channel 3 on the Futaba radio, it was different from the rest so I figured I had to do that after someone mentioned it earlier.
                  2. Motor power leads are plugged into the "throttle" pegs on the control board in the cockpit. I'm not sure which way they go so that might be an issue too...is black towards the nose or tail if looking at it plugged in?
                  3. Throttle lead from board to Rx is plugged into channel 3 on Rx.
                  4. UBEC is plugged into battery/channel 6 on Rx.

I power on the transmitter and put throttle to full up, plug the 6S battery in to the lead with the UBEC running off it and it sings then starts beep beep beep beep, even if I move the throttle stick down. I don't know if the 6S isn't providing enough juice as it only has the charge from the factory on it but I've tried the other side without the UBEC and tried plugging in a receiver battery and it does the same thing.

I thought I had it from the posts I've read and you guys make it sound so easy. What am I messing up on??
                  I'm the one that said you may to have to reverse the throttle channel, if you had trouble getting them to arm with the throttle channel normal, so it sounds like you need to lower the throttle trim down from the center point, then it should arm, take the throttle trim lever and lower it all the way down, if no luck then you may have to go in to the radio menu end points or EPA and take the trim even lower. Do you want my phone number?? If you call me we can go over it together and just by what I hear I can tell you how to sync them real easy as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I'm the one that said you may to have to reverse the throttle channel, if you had trouble getting them to arm with the throttle channel normal, so it sounds like you need to lower the throttle trim down from the center point, then it should arm, if they don't then you may have to go in to the radio menu end points or EPA and take the trim even lower. Do you want my phone number??
                    Hey Corsair, yeah I reversed the throttle back and its working and I'll adjust the trim point. I wouldn't mind your phone number lol, I can PM you some questions. I'm having trouble getting the other motor, the one without the UBEC lead, to go now.

Comment

So programming the ESCs, the motor runs with the transmitter off and the battery still connected. Is this a trim issue?
                      The TX should never be OFF when the flight batteries are plugged in. The only exception is when binding.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        The TX should never be OFF when the flight batteries are plugged in. The only exception is when binding.
                        Its been 10 years since I dealt with all this lol. Thanks Viper.

Comment

Its been 10 years since I dealt with all this lol. Thanks Viper.
                          Sent a private message with my number.

Comment

• I GOT IT!!! 😁😁😁

Both 80mm's humming in sync together and the whistles sound amazing lol. Thank you everyone!!

Comment

• Some pics of the days progress. My new hated thing, running the wires from the engines to the electronics bay...ugh what a pain in the ass.

Name:	20200807_154356_resized.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	267230Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_143051_resized.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	267231Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_154429_resized.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	267232Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_170257_resized.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	267233Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_175240_resized.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	267234Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_175232_resized.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	267235Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_175205_resized.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	267236

Comment

Some pics of the days progress. My new hated thing, running the wires from the engines to the electronics bay...ugh what a pain in the ass.

Name:	20200807_154356_resized.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	267230Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_143051_resized.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	267231Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_154429_resized.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	267232Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_170257_resized.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	267233Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_175240_resized.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	267234Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_175232_resized.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	267235Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_175205_resized.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	267236
                                Now you did it, posting all these pictures makes me want another one, I sold mine after many flights on it and loosing my runway, but I want another one now,,,,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                  https://youtu.be/NiEJI5dycGQ
                                  My FW A-10 taken by a friend.
                                  Outstanding flight. Looks like you were up for more than 8 minutes. What batteries are you using?
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Outstanding flight. Looks like you were up for more than 8 minutes. What batteries are you using?
                                    Hugh, he was up for only about 3 minutes - timed from when he started his take off roll to when wheels touched down. The rest of the video was two other planes. I had to go check when I saw your post. If he's getting 8 minutes, I'm doing something wrong with mine. I get barely 4 min using twin 5000's.

Comment

• Same here, 4 minutes on RoaringTop 5800s with 25% left at landing.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Hugh, he was up for only about 3 minutes - timed from when he started his take off roll to when wheels touched down. The rest of the video was two other planes. I had to go check when I saw your post. If he's getting 8 minutes, I'm doing something wrong with mine. I get barely 4 min using twin 5000's.
                                        I have my timer set for 5 and get 4.5 minutes with 35% left on RT 6250's.

Comment

• My A-10 comes in at 14lbs. 3 cell for the sound system, 2 double A's for the formation lights, and a 2cell for the wingtip strobes. Running a 2 speaker sound system from Model Sounds Inc. Need one more channel for the Brrrrrrrrrt.

Comment

Working...
                                          X