Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to spray the polycrylic...Satin finish...I don't like gloss...Shows too many surface imperfections. Satin gives it a nice sheen without being overstated. As for the armament I am just going to add yellow tips to compliment the tail trim yellow.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Curious the different outcome with spray vs foam brush
      Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• [QUOTE]I replaced the nose wheel with a smaller version, still has knocked the little trangle piece off the gear door twice now. got two more flights in on it yesterday and Turned the DR down to about 80 and 30 for expo, seemed to be be better. I also flew with all the ordinance on and a run cam on my outer pylon.[QUOTE]

@P51 - For what it is worth, a lot of fliers on here (me included) have taken to using small screws to hold that triangle piece to the door. I used a couple of #2's top and bottom, glued the nuts in place and cut off the excess length. I lost mine on takeoff on my second flight and realized that it could have been disaster. Without that triangle, the gear can get hung up on the door and won't extend fully. I guess I was lucky to have just enough air pressure on the door during extension to clear the gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
          Curious the different outcome with spray vs foam brush
          I've never used brush for things like that...I am always afraid it's going to show streaks.
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Curious the different outcome with spray vs foam brush
            TG65, Quick pic of my A-10, the only thing airbrushed on this was in the cockpit. The Polycrylic flows well with a foam brush and dries to a very thin coat (I used 2 coats) and the HD latex flows decent, and smoothes out when I appied a little water with a clean foam brush in about 6-inch square patches just as it was tacky. Slow going, but worked well. I shot rattle can Krylon Matte to kill the shine last. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0003a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	190584Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0014.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.4 KB ID:	190585
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TG65, Quick pic of my A-10, the only thing airbrushed on this was in the cockpit. The Polycrylic flows well with a foam brush and dries to a very thin coat (I used 2 coats) and the HD latex flows decent, and smoothes out when I appied a little water with a clean foam brush in about 6-inch square patches just as it was tacky. Slow going, but worked well. I shot rattle can Krylon Matte to kill the shine last. Best, LB

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0003a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	190584Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0014.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.4 KB ID:	190585
              LB I love spotting the small details that you put into your models, like the flag in the cockpit, and the little red label on the nose wheel. Really nice touches. :Win:
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• TMD, Thanks. I enjoy it. Just like 'em to be a bit different, I suppose. Appreciatively, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just a beautiful model Elbee! Thanks for the info on the foam brush method as well.

Painted the ordnance to match the livery. She's all but done!

Click image for larger version  Name:	done1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	312.8 KB ID:	190607

Click image for larger version  Name:	done.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.0 KB ID:	190609
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

What surface did you set to 80%, elevator?
                    ails and elevator, whatever it said in the manual, 80 or 85 can't remember now lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=gravity tester;n190563][QUOTE]I replaced the nose wheel with a smaller version, still has knocked the little trangle piece off the gear door twice now. got two more flights in on it yesterday and Turned the DR down to about 80 and 30 for expo, seemed to be be better. I also flew with all the ordinance on and a run cam on my outer pylon.

@P51 - For what it is worth, a lot of fliers on here (me included) have taken to using small screws to hold that triangle piece to the door. I used a couple of #2's top and bottom, glued the nuts in place and cut off the excess length. I lost mine on takeoff on my second flight and realized that it could have been disaster. Without that triangle, the gear can get hung up on the door and won't extend fully. I guess I was lucky to have just enough air pressure on the door during extension to clear the gear.
                      I had to glue my light on today and was looking into what to do, thanks! I will be dong this when I get a chance to clean off the excess glue that didn't hold it on...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        I am going to spray the polycrylic...Satin finish...I don't like gloss...Shows too many surface imperfections. Satin gives it a nice sheen without being overstated. As for the armament I am just going to add yellow tips to compliment the tail trim yellow.
                        I painted a few coats on mine, then now I added a few with the spray on semi gloss. Both appeared to be the same, not reacting with much either. I also just sprayed my L-39 with gloss and it is looking real good! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9558.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	190632

Comment

• I found Polycrylic "Matte" at Ace and intended to spray it on. I think I'll try brushing the bottom of the wing to see the difference. Anyway what a beautiful plane. Motion really outdid themselves with this one. I don't know what I will put together next but it's like Robert Petrincic says "just push the button, what are you waiting for hey?" Love those guys.

Comment

• I've been meaning to ask...Does anyone have the paint match numbers for the stock grey?

EDIT: Disregard, the search feature worked great this time. :Silly:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hi Guys...it's been a while since I was on this thread! I had some time and the airbrush was calling so I painted more on my A-10 canvas! Here's a photo I took in Reno a couple years ago that is what I was shooting for next to some shots in back yard. I'll do some sexier shots at the field with full ordinance later...that is, unless I find some more things to paint on her! RobLOL

Comment

• Looks great! Nice job man...
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Very nice Rob!

Comment

• Great detail Rob :Cool:
                                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                      Hi Guys...it's been a while since I was on this thread! I had some time and the airbrush was calling so I painted more on my A-10 canvas! Here's a photo I took in Reno a couple years ago that is what I was shooting for next to some shots in back yard. I'll do some sexier shots at the field with full ordinance later...that is, unless I find some more things to paint on her! RobLOL
                                      Now that bird is Awesome! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                        Hi Guys...it's been a while since I was on this thread! I had some time and the airbrush was calling so I painted more on my A-10 canvas! Here's a photo I took in Reno a couple years ago that is what I was shooting for next to some shots in back yard. I'll do some sexier shots at the field with full ordinance later...that is, unless I find some more things to paint on her! RobLOL
                                        Looking better and better... Happy Easter!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks guys and a blessed Easter to all of you! Rob

Comment

Working...
                                          X