Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :):)
    Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    What's with the guy in the middle with no shirt? Not many places you can go to work dressed like that these days. LOL
    He is definitely wearing a shirt - I can tell you some stories about that guy for sure . Tough Harley rider that rode his bike to work each day - even through the New York winter. The rest of the stories need to be shared over a beer :).

Comment

• Was the guy on the bottom row, right side a big Chuck Norris fan? Other than being a little small he sure does bear a heavy resemblance with his hair and beard style.
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
        Was the guy on the bottom row, right side a big Chuck Norris fan? Other than being a little small he sure does bear a heavy resemblance with his hair and beard style.
        Not sure if he was Bill, but he was my supervisor on the team. Thinking back, I’m not sure I even saw a Chuck Norris movie until 1980, 1981?? But I can tell you that the guy on the top row - sixth one from the left - was a black belt. I bought a pair of nun-chuks (spelling?) from him back then.

Comment

• Started painting my hog this weekend. Knocked out the pre-shading and will be moving on to the colors tomorrow.

Comment

• Looking good! I was too conservative when I put on the color coat over the shading underneath...if I had it to do over, I would have put the final coat on light and checked it out after it dried, and in the light. You will love how realistic it is going to look! Keep us posted. Rob

Comment

• Thanks! I'll keep that in mind when I'm putting down the colors. Any chance you have a photo of your plane after painting? The sites media search feature doesn't seem to be working since I can only see 4 of your recent pictures

Comment

• Nevermind, figured out my issue.

Comment

• Here are the stages I went through...it was based on Alpha's experience, and RCJetdude too. Rob

Comment

• Nice. I was considering doing rivets, but I feel I would go down a rabbit hole since I would personally want to add the dome rivets as well, and then follow suit on the pylons.

Comment

• I understand! I chose to do the fuse and for the canopy I used a fine point sharpie. Again, if I had it to do over, I did the rivots with the back of a Dremmel drill bit. I understand now the logic of using a bamboo skewer, as recommended. The bamboo is much finer, and as Alpha originally said, it is not about puncturing the foam, but the goal is just to create a recess that will trap the paint. Then when you airbrush, you come at it from the side angle, allowing the accent black to show through. I ended up pushing through the foam, and it was too much. It takes a light touch! Rob

Comment

• I might consider doing the canopy rivets with a sharpie at the least.

Some progress pics. Medium green finished and halfway through the dark green. Use 3 testor 1/2 oz jars for the medium green, and it looks like the dark green will be about the same.

Comment

• Nice! And belly tanks too? Those shades look really good. Are you going to do a clear coat? Another reason I should have errored on the side of leaving more under-colors showing...the clear coat softened that effect. I discovered a product this time for Dull Coat that I thought was really good...Alclad II, Klear Kote Flat (at 20 psi per directions). The guys at my hobby shop recommended it and I thought it was really "military" flat IMHO. Rob

Comment

• Yea, I made some station 5/6/7 pylons. Personally, I think the hog doesn't look right with those 3 missing:

I do plan on giving it a flat clear coat after decals and weathering. For simplicity, I might try this rattle can TiredIron recommended, though I might give the alclad II a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                              Yep, welcome to the squawk Jim.

Hope my mate kurt ordered that nose gear in time... looks like it's pretty popular. Hate to say it, but any idea when the next batch would come through? I haven't dinged my a10 yet, (apart from scraping the rudders a touch getting a bit too high alpha in a landing) - but given how much I love my raaf scheme one, any insurance is good insurance in my case lol. :)
                              Our nose gear has arrived. :Cool: Thank you MotionRC

DCS A10 is awesome but its time for the DCS F18C and Wags is going the whole hog. YouTube...

Comment

• Woohoo! Thanks again kurt. :)

Comment

• Looking forward to getting this ship off the ground once the weather clears here in Michigan!

Comment

• Welcome!!!!! It was 7F here in Texas this AM, so I can only imagine where you are.......

Comment

• Hey A10 Hogs. Have a problem. Was setting up my servo arms and plug in second batterie and it started to smoke at connection. Never had that happen. Used same batteries yesterday to bind receiver. First batterie to ESC and then second batterie to ESC with BEC. Any ideas. Thanks. Kevin.

Comment

• Only thing I can think of is there's a short somewhere in the system. I have plugged my lipos in both ways (UBEC side first, non-UBEC side first) without issue.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat. Yes the ESC was bad. Better to find out on the ground and not in the air. Lost a Euro fighter from bad ESC. Well had spare so try again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X