Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used the gray ghost scheme, but did put on a clear gloss after the color just for the decals to go on to. Then I did another clear flat to bring back the flat and seal the decals. Rob

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys. Was quick work removing the water slides last night, so just gotta reach out to callie after I find a good nose art reference for the Cajuns hog i plan to recreate.

In the meantime, getting busy modding up the cockpit. :a10

Comment

• Nice shading, very realistic, Dirty Dee!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks alpha!

Comment

• Well, I found out that the expiration date of my A-10 was February 11, 2018, 1:30PM MST.

Was turning final to make a full flaps slow pass across the field when the plane totally locked out on me and spun in. Total loss. And of course I was way out there too, more than 1/4 mile west of the end of the runway.

So a little back story. Three weekends ago on the first flight of the day I started suddenly getting 3-5 second receiver lock-outs on my A-10. I managed to get her back to the runway safely and grounded her for the rest of the day. I flew 5 other planes a total of ten times that day without issue. Thinking that my receiver may have been suddenly going bad, I replaced it with a new one and flew last weekend without issue. I also flew the past 4 days, many flights, no issues. Then today I had a very short lockout during one flight, but at the time I wasn't sure it was a lockout as it was fairly windy at the time, and I thought maybe the wind was pushing me and delaying my turning maneuver. Then 2 minutes into the last flight, wham.

The first time I was willing to blame a failing RX for the lockouts. But this time I'm not so sure. I'm guessing either the UBEC was going bad, or the control board was. All wiring was nice and tight, and the solder joints for the UBEC look solid. I am eliminating the radio as the cause as it had a brand new RX in it, and I flew dozens of other flights over the weekend on about 15 different planes, and only had this issue on the A-10. I fly the XPS system and have never had any issues at all with the current version. So this leads me to the on-board electronics. Not sure how to test the UBEC, but it appears undamaged by the crash, as well as the control board.

No worries, I will get another one, but it sucks losing my favorite plane.
            Pat

Comment

• :Scared:Oh Nooooo!! So sorry to hear and see that. We sure would like to know what caused it if you ever figure it out. Looks like you still have your gear in tact though.

It’s my favorite plane too, and I hope I get to fly her a lot longer than my others.

I know they all have an expiration date tagged on them, but I hope it outlasts me on this one!

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to you getting another sometime soon.

Comment

• Sorry to see that Pat. It looks like some things are salvageable, which will be nice to have spare parts for your next one. I hope you get another soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                  So I've placed all the water slide decals on my plane today, but the text color seems to get lost over any euro gray sections. Anyone else with a euro green scheme encounter this too? Am I better off ordering callie graphics since those are black?

Will the haze go away if I do a matte clear?

debating wetting and removing these all and just using the dry transfers from callie.
                  The Euro green paint job looks awesome! Also, sorry on the delay getting back to your PM, but will do soon. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    Well, I found out that the expiration date of my A-10 was February 11, 2018, 1:30PM MST.
                    :( Pat......I feel your pain. My expiration was the mid-air with TI @ eWEEK last Sept.
                    It was the most horrendous crushing of foam heard all over Triple Tree when it hit that monster tree at over 100mph.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Most of the gear survived. I think I may have one or two stripped servos, and one fan is missing two blades (odd that MRC does not sell just the impellers, you have to buy the whole EDF unit, but they are only $11 so no biggie). Will be tearing into it during the week. Too exhausted and saddened to do it tonight (just spent 4 long days at an event).
                      Pat

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Pat, I know the feeling. Glad to hear she’ll be rebuilt though, I bet you’ll have a new one up and flying in no time! Every crash is just an opportunity to add more detail and mods though.

Comment

• Pat, what a bummer. I am sure it was a shock. Sorry. I had a similar near miss with my A-4 at eWeek. Getting ready to turn off downwind onto final and suddenly realized I did not have control. It did a slow circle and a half in the opposite direction and then I got it back and immediately landed it. I too have replaced the receiver but also installed a separate ZTW 8A BEC as well. Never had that happen before. I have yet to fly it again as the weather here turned fowl. I hope I got it sorted out.

Comment

• I will be ordering an ARF+ later this week once I dig into the remains and see what else may need replacing. One fan is missing two blades, so there's that, and I will be replacing the stock UBEC with a CC20 Pro. Still need to make sure the fan housings, other impeller, and ESCs are OK.

If there's one silver lining, at least I had taken the ordnance off and won't have to go through detailing them again. LOL
                            Pat

Comment

Well, I found out that the expiration date of my A-10 was February 11, 2018, 1:30PM MST.

Was turning final to make a full flaps slow pass across the field when the plane totally locked out on me and spun in. Total loss. And of course I was way out there too, more than 1/4 mile west of the end of the runway.

So a little back story. Three weekends ago on the first flight of the day I started suddenly getting 3-5 second receiver lock-outs on my A-10. I managed to get her back to the runway safely and grounded her for the rest of the day. I flew 5 other planes a total of ten times that day without issue. Thinking that my receiver may have been suddenly going bad, I replaced it with a new one and flew last weekend without issue. I also flew the past 4 days, many flights, no issues. Then today I had a very short lockout during one flight, but at the time I wasn't sure it was a lockout as it was fairly windy at the time, and I thought maybe the wind was pushing me and delaying my turning maneuver. Then 2 minutes into the last flight, wham.

The first time I was willing to blame a failing RX for the lockouts. But this time I'm not so sure. I'm guessing either the UBEC was going bad, or the control board was. All wiring was nice and tight, and the solder joints for the UBEC look solid. I am eliminating the radio as the cause as it had a brand new RX in it, and I flew dozens of other flights over the weekend on about 15 different planes, and only had this issue on the A-10. I fly the XPS system and have never had any issues at all with the current version. So this leads me to the on-board electronics. Not sure how to test the UBEC, but it appears undamaged by the crash, as well as the control board.

No worries, I will get another one, but it sucks losing my favorite plane.
                              Sorry to hear that Pat, sucks when that happens.
                              BTW, were there any low flying Corsairs in the Vicinity??

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

:( Pat......I feel your pain. My expiration was the mid-air with TI @ eWEEK last Sept.
                                It was the most horrendous crushing of foam heard all over Triple Tree when it hit that monster tree at over 100mph.
                                It was a gut wrenching sickening sound. Certainly not the usual thud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Sorry to hear that Pat, sucks when that happens.
                                  BTW, were there any low flying Corsairs in the Vicinity??

Grossman56
                                  George was safely at home in TN flying in the rain. :Rainning:

Comment

• :(

Comment

• So sorry to hear that Pat!! I'm grounded for weather, but after reading in the AMA mag about the guy who had a ferocious prop strike from his T-28, I'm programming in throttle cuts for all my planes. It makes me nervous to make changes in the RX and I will want to thoroughly check everything out next spring!! Electronics are not my strong suit! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                        So sorry to hear that Pat!! I'm grounded for weather, but after reading in the AMA mag about the guy who had a ferocious prop strike from his T-28, I'm programming in throttle cuts for all my planes. It makes me nervous to make changes in the RX and I will want to thoroughly check everything out next spring!! Electronics are not my strong suit! Rob
                                        REMOVE prop until you are certain throttle direction is correct, then rebind with correct direction and at 0 throttle.
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

sorry to hear that mate, that really does suck. I'm now on v2.0 too. You definitely need to get another. It's such a great plane.
                                          I hope you get to the bottom of what caused it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X