Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It worked on mine! It was the same situation... :) I am very careful with initial setup and don’t ever use sub trim unless absolutely necessary... Thanks LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      It worked on mine! It was the same situation... :) I am very careful with initial setup and don’t ever use sub trim unless absolutely necessary... Thanks, LB.
      Hardway, a bit disappointing to be sure, I would never have made that mistake installing dual servos on split elevators. It's shame really as any other control surface I could probably have lived with simply extending the control rod. The concessions we make when offered PNP and accept it. "C'est la vie" and thanks again. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hardway, a bit disappointing to be sure, I would never have made that mistake installing dual servos on split elevators. It's shame really as any other control surface I could probably have lived with simply extending the control rod. The concessions we make when offered PNP and accept it. "C'est la vie" and thanks again. Best, LB
        I try never to sub trim. From my heli set up days. First I try and get everything to 90 degrees by moving servo arms than go from there. I did split the elevator servos to center and get the same throw. Worked great. I normally split the nose wheel and rudder also to dial in steering. Of course you'll need a few extra channels to do this but well worth it
        Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Helicopters are funny like that... :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Helicopters are funny like that... :Cool:
            Yes they are but it's amazing to set one up properly and fly it or better yet help a friend do the same. Never cared much for the whole 3D thing though. They taught me a bunch besides proper set up , proper rudder use that transferred over to my fixed wing.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yes sir! The ”rudder” stick is not optional on the heli... not into 3D either... cool to watch though!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Yes they are but it's amazing to set one up properly and fly it or better yet help a friend do the same. Never cared much for the whole 3D thing though. They taught me a bunch besides proper set up , proper rudder use that transferred over to my fixed wing.

Mike
                Completely agree, helis taught me a great deal about proper mechanical setup and tail control. 3D is interesting to watch, but just like planes I prefer to build and fly them in a scale way. Hoping the new 450 PNPs draw some guys back into scale helis soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I try never to sub trim. From my heli set up days. First I try and get everything to 90 degrees by moving servo arms than go from there. I did split the elevator servos to center and get the same throw. Worked great. I normally split the nose wheel and rudder also to dial in steering. Of course you'll need a few extra channels to do this but well worth it
                  Mike
                  Mike, I hear ya! I must admit, though, I used the sub-trim and just couldn't bring myself to accept the result. I cut a small trough in the elevator wide enough for my screwdriver, removed the control arm and recentered the servo, replacing the servo arm correctly. OCD for sureLOL. A little filler and paint and I'll sleep better tonight. Happy first day of summer to you. Bluskys! Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Y'all, I think I remember in this forum that one of you more experienced lads had reprogrammed the ESC or maybe it was a gear door sequencer so that the nose gear door closed with the gear down. Am I delirious? In case I am still mentally sound, more or less, could anyone direct me to that post or reexplain how that was done? Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Stock gear sequencing has it so the forward nose gear door closes when the retracts are in the down position. The real one had the gear door open while the landing gear were deployed. You can purchase the freewing P-51 gear door sequencer in order to get this operation. I have picked one up myself but haven't yet installed it.

Comment

• They revised that in later versions so that the gear door stays open. I crashed mine in February and ordered an ARF+, and the door stays open now.
                        Pat

Comment

• Thanks, gentlemen, I am smarter now. :Ligthbulb: Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi---this will be my first post on Hobby Squawk.
                            I just received by A-10 from Motion yesterday--everything arrived perfectly after its trip via UPS to California. I have a quick question about the control board--is there any mixing going on in the board or is it just there to reduce the number of connections needed to get everything going...?? In other words, If I bypass the elevator on the control board and just connect it to my rx via a Y lead, will that be an issue because of some possible mixing going on in the board with flaps? Ive picked up a couple of RoaringTops 5000mah and a couple of Admiral 4500mah batteries to use in this plane. Ive made it thorough about the first 300 pages here and really appreciate all the input and advise I've read so far..thanks

Jim

Comment

• HI, Does anybody know where to get a mobius camera attachment to allow you to attach the mobius to the weapons pylon. Capt Mike mentioned it in the Motion RC Video but did not specify how he attached the camera. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun View Post
                                Hi---this will be my first post on Hobby Squawk.
                                I just received by A-10 from Motion yesterday--everything arrived perfectly after its trip via UPS to California. I have a quick question about the control board--is there any mixing going on in the board or is it just there to reduce the number of connections needed to get everything going...?? In other words, If I bypass the elevator on the control board and just connect it to my rx via a Y lead, will that be an issue because of some possible mixing going on in the board with flaps? Ive picked up a couple of RoaringTops 5000mah and a couple of Admiral 4500mah batteries to use in this plane. Ive made it thorough about the first 300 pages here and really appreciate all the input and advise I've read so far..thanks

Jim
                                I could be wrong but as far as I know there are no mixes from the board, don't see a problem going straight to the rx, in fact I almost did that myself then decided to use the board, any mix you need will have to be through your radio. It flies awesome, you will love it. Mine has no mixes, mods or anything done to it and so far no issues with it all stock.

It's always first inline to fly.....:Cool:
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by lasdoug View Post
                                  HI, Does anybody know where to get a mobius camera attachment to allow you to attach the mobius to the weapons pylon. Capt Mike mentioned it in the Motion RC Video but did not specify how he attached the camera. Thanks
                                  I think he just uses Velcro from the pictures I have seen and from looking at their jets at Jet Jam this weekend. If it helps, I designed a mobius attachment piece to use the freewing hardware. I'll post pictures and a download link later tonight after work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

WOW!! I was wrong!!! SORRY!!! :( I just set up the vert/horizontal stab from another A-10 and checked the servo motion and realized that the sub trim only works if the elevator servos use separate channels, like Mike stated. I has used the sub trim to center the ailerons from port to starboard, not the elevator!!! After I posted, my brain was not happy, and I had to pull out the equipment and check it. Doing the tunnel for the servo screw is better than removing the servo... Again, please forgive my mistake LB! Getting old here... :Silly:

Comment

• I don't know why I thought you would get differential movement with sub trim when both servos terminate in one channel at the receiver... :Loser::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks: Maybe!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                        Regarding that problem with the ESC from a few posts back - if the battery you are using for testing & binding isn't fully charged, then the motors may not work. I know it sounds goofy, but at least once in my illustrious career I have grabbed a discharged battery just to do some bench testing and I was perplexed when the motors wouldn't work. (If the voltage is low the BEC will provide voltage to the receiver but not to the motors)
                                        Thanks themudduck. I really thought you were going to get the bonus points for that one as I had not recharged the batteries since the crash. Couldn't wait to get home and throw the lipos on the charger. Sadly though, that still didn't solve the problem. Even tried the original motors after switching them out. I have also rebound the receiver several times. The only other thing I can think of is(after saving current settings from old A-10) to set it up on the transmitter from scratch like a new plane. Any other ideas?
                                        Brad:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun View Post
                                          Hi---this will be my first post on Hobby Squawk.

Jim
                                          Welcome!!! Glad you are here... As far as I know, there is no mixing in the board. It runs the lights and the gear sequencer... Hope that helps. If this data is incorrect, please let me know!!! Have a blesses weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                          X