X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    Finally finished my Hog. Just need the rain to end.
    Nice job Bob! Congrats...she looks awesome and she'll fly even better!! Rob

Comment

• Working on loading out my euro hog since selling off the stock weapon set. The generous amount of rockeyes should give some contrast against the dark green fuselage. Still need to print a pair of LAU-117 rails, sidewinders, and the AN/ALQ-119

Comment

• Gorgeous Hog, Bob!

Dirty Dee, your ordnance looks great, with matching mounting tabs, too. Especially clever integrating the rails onto the Mavericks.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Looks Great Bob! Any chance I'll get to see it in person at Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge June 30th? There'll be a couple other Squawkers here then too. It would be nice to meet you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            Working on loading out my euro hog since selling off the stock weapon set. The generous amount of rockeyes should give some contrast against the dark green fuselage. Still need to print a pair of LAU-117 rails, sidewinders, and the AN/ALQ-119
            What a great shot DD! Talk about scale...! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Gorgeous Hog, Bob!
              Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Dirty Dee, your ordnance looks great, with matching mounting tabs, too. Especially clever integrating the rails onto the Mavericks.

Thanks! I did a bulk purchase of the FW hardware attachment pieces a few months back so I incorporated voids in the designs to fit them. Hoping the maverick integrated rail works with the LAU-117 when I get around to testing next week. Will definitely post on thingiverse so others can print for themselves too. Working on a LAU-88 as well.

Comment

• I saw on edf clubhouse someone did real turbines. Has anyone done the 90mm if so what did you use for power plant esc etc.
                AMA 1102566

Comment

• I did a pair of 90's on one of mine. 1550kV outrunners spinning 12 blade fans with Gecko 125A ESC's driving them. I initially had some overheating problems with the ESC's. They just weren't getting enough air over/around them believe it or not. After a slight modification to get them better airflow they have performed wonderfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                    Looks Great Bob! Any chance I'll get to see it in person at Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge June 30th? There'll be a couple other Squawkers here then too. It would be nice to meet you.
                    It could happen! It's the start of one of my vacations and it's only an hour or so drive.

Comment

Thanks! I did a bulk purchase of the FW hardware attachment pieces a few months back so I incorporated voids in the designs to fit them. Hoping the maverick integrated rail works with the LAU-117 when I get around to testing next week. Will definitely post on thingiverse so others can print for themselves too. Working on a LAU-88 as well.
                      Awesome! Will definitely have to get some weapons printed myself too soon
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                        I saw on edf clubhouse someone did real turbines. Has anyone done the 90mm if so what did you use for power plant esc etc.
                        The one with turbines would be me

Comment

• Yup that was nice to watch.

Comment

• Hey Ya'all, Ready for canopy install and finishing paint. Callie Graphics markings are in the mail.
                            Major kudos to DirtyDee for his beautiful work and advice through this part of the build.
                            The kit is Sierra Hotel and building and painting it is 'big fun' as each part adds much to the look.
                            Final pix soon, and then the maiden, though delayed for celebrations this Memorial Weekend. "Gone but never forgotten" 19 brothers-in-arms.
                            Best as always, LB

“On thy grave, the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

Working on loading out my euro hog since selling off the stock weapon set. The generous amount of rockeyes should give some contrast against the dark green fuselage. Still need to print a pair of LAU-117 rails, sidewinders, and the AN/ALQ-119
                                Are you going to upload the 117 to thingi? (nudge nudge lol)

Comment

• “On thy grave, the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons

Words fail to try and thank you vets!!! BUT, thank you from the bottom of my red, white and blue heart!!! Amen!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                    Love the cockpit, very cool. Had a great session with the hog today in very gusty winds and first time with the new nose gear.
                                    Very nice looking plane Shirty.
                                    I had a BVM BANDIT down in that color scheme.

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Hey Ya'all, Ready for canopy install and finishing paint. Callie Graphics markings are in the mail.
                                      Major kudos to DirtyDee for his beautiful work and advice through this part of the build.
                                      The kit is Sierra Hotel and building and painting it is 'big fun' as each part adds much to the look.
                                      Final pix soon, and then the maiden, though delayed for celebrations this Memorial Weekend. "Gone but never forgotten" 19 brothers-in-arms.
                                      Best as always, LB

“On thy grave, the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons
                                      LB that is some serious modeling going on! Way to go...it is awesome! I'm reluctant to tear into the cockpit and cut foam, but your work inspires me! Where did you get the pilot figure?

On another note, here's a Memorial tribute I shared on Hobby Squawk a year ago...a fitting tribute in the words of President Reagan. Here are the lyrics to the hymn...Rob

Mansions Of The Lord

Ronan Tynan

To fallen soldiers let us sing

Where no rockets fly nor bullets wing

Our broken brothers let us bring

To the Mansions of the Lord

No more bleeding, no more fight

No prayers pleading through the night

Just divine embrace, eternal light

To the Mansions of the Lord.

Where no mothers cry and no children weep

We will stand and guard though the angels sleep

Through the ages safely keep

The Mansions of the Lord.

Comment

• Awesome and Amen!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                          Way to go...it is awesome! I'm reluctant to tear into the cockpit and cut foam, but your work inspires me! Where did you get the pilot figure?
                                          RCAV8R, Thank you, it is great to get back into the hobby.
                                          The pilot is from JHH and the head evidently is an update to current equipment according to the literature provided.
                                          I performed open body surgery to the body to remove most of the fur collar, stuffed it with styrofoam and added Foam-Fill; however, the body could use an update as well.

As for 'reluctant to tear into the cockpit,' that feeling lasts less than a minute.

Your words of honor and tribute accompanied by the words of Tynan's hymn I believe are heartfelt by all in this forum and certainly by me. Bravo Zulu, RCAV8R. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X