Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He came in hot with no flaps and slammed it in. In slow motion, no less! When this model is brought in with full flaps, it slows down to a crawl and lands like a baby, Well sure, if you drive it in with a carrier landing of course its going to bounce and you'll be lucky not to tear the gear clean off!
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Yup flaps are your friend. I use them all the time.

Comment

• Looks good to me.....pop

Comment

• Pushing to have my cockpit mod finished by Friday and the Hog back in the air for Saturday. Most of the hard stuff is now behind me so I might have everything ready to close up by tomorrow night

Comment

• Very nice DD!

Comment

• Thingiverse: "[T]he other one maintains 100% FSA, but uses an inner nozzle to look more scale."

DirtyDee, Are you using the exhaust nozzle that looks more scale for your A-10? I'd like to know if you noticed any thrust differences, using your scale design. Best. LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                DirtyDee, Are you using the exhaust nozzle that looks more scale for your A-10? I'd like to know if you noticed any thrust differences, using your scale design. Best. LB
                Hey LB, I have them installed on mine but will be flying with them for the first time this weekend. Several Users on RCGroups have flown with the scale nozzles and have commented that they flew fine. For some that have experienced a pitching with thrust applies have mentioned that these nozzles have tamed the pitching.

here is a picture "bettsmums" posted on RCG with these nozzles:

Comment

• DD, Outstanding. Would you post your thoughts after the weekend A-10 sorties? Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Will do. Full disclosure: I have only had 1 flight on the A-10 since owning it, and the past few years I haven't been able to go flying as frequently in general. I only have 4x5000mAH packs so not sure how many flights I'll get in, but majority of the time might just be getting re-familiarized with dirty flight and landing approaches. Either way I'll give my thoughts.

Also my plane is fitted with oleos all around so I'll try to give feedback on the bucking bronco with landing on a runway. Hoping to get some flight video as well with the Mobius.

Comment

• Roger that.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Wheels conflict with the foam when retracted (and I even have slightly narrower and smaller wheels than stock)

Will have to do some minor grinding for my part
                        I operated my gear today with the new struts installed. I didn't experience any issues, and cycled a few times without binding. Though I believe the wheel wells will need to be deepened a bit, as the retracts sounded like they were working harder at the last moment before stopping.

I'm guessing since the oleos are straight now vs the TLs having a slight rearward offset, the wheels are diggin into the wells a small amount.

Comment

• That was one thing I wondered about with the different setup

Comment

• Do the wheels rotate in the up position?

Comment

• Freely? No. A fair bit of resistance. I'm going to cut a strip of sandpaper the width of the wheel, wrap the wheel in it, and turn the wheel back and forth to enlarge the space. Might take a few iterations operating the gears, but should work

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Do the wheels rotate in the up position?
                                So I have the upgraded mains and my wheels do not turn. What do you think Steve...is that putting too much pressure on the retract? Rob

Comment

• Ahhh, a blank canvas. Should I go Picasso or Rembrandt? Me thinks a personalized Peanut with DD/TI/RCJD nuances. Best, Elbee
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

So I have the upgraded mains and my wheels do not turn. What do you think Steve...is that putting too much pressure on the retract? Rob
                                    Possibly so Rob. Might want to relieve that just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Ahhh, a blank canvas. Should I go Picasso or Rembrandt? Me thinks a personalized Peanut with DD/TI/RCJD nuances. Best, Elbee
                                      Where did you get the unpainted airframe from?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Where did you get the unpainted airframe from?
                                        He didn't..............it's a stripped airframe that he commented about on post#7987
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I could tell you, but then...:Bomb:

RCJD, It was a matter of chemical incompatibility, i.e., acetone vs latex and approximately 10 hrs of application and removal. :Dizzy: Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X