X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
    Before you power up both the RX and TX do you have the throttle stick all the way up?
    Hi, I do it like recommended. Switch on TX, throttle full forward and then connect bat to RX. Should the throttle be already full fwd before power up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
      Before you power up both the RX and TX do you have the throttle stick all the way up?
      I also read that with FW and FMS ESCs the throttle trim should be fully down and not neutral. Is that correct? I didn't do it. It's always in neutral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post

I also read that with FW and FMS ESCs the throttle trim should be fully down and not neutral. Is that correct? I didn't do it. It's always in neutral.
        Some ESCs must have it all the way down, while others don't mind and some (like some Eflite) say you should leave it in the middle. Try it. That's a sure way to find out.

Comment

• Now I was able to calibrate the ESC with the UBEC, but not the another one. So both are not syncronised. One edf starts earlear than the other. How can I syncronise them? I'm clueless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post
            Now I was able to calibrate the ESC with the UBEC, but not the another one. So both are not syncronised. One edf starts earlear than the other. How can I syncronise them? I'm clueless.
            There's a trick to doing a twin, actually a couple of tricks.
            1. Unplug one of the throttle leads, calibrate. Depower the plane. Then plug it back in and unplug the other one, calibrate. Now both should be the same.
            2. Plug in the battery on the side that does NOT have the BEC on it, then plug in the battery on the side with the BEC on it. Now you should get the beeps at the same time. Calibrate both at the same time.
            PS. How did you do it with that P-38 in your avatar?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              There's a trick to doing a twin, actually a couple of tricks.
              1. Unplug one of the throttle leads, calibrate. Depower the plane. Then plug it back in and unplug the other one, calibrate. Now both should be the same.
              2. Plug in the battery on the side that does NOT have the BEC on it, then plug in the battery on the side with the BEC on it. Now you should get the beeps at the same time. Calibrate both at the same time.
              PS. How did you do it with that P-38 in your avatar?
              Finally I was able to get both syncronised. I plugged both batteries simultaneously in and now both EDFs start exactly the same. Throttle range also perfect without touching the trim. 😁

Comment

• Thank you Dirty Dee and Jets and Wings. These are some great photos!! Looks like the real ones are flat on the rear too! Well,, back to play! LOL

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A bunch of Hogs.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	252393Click image for larger version  Name:	A10 and me.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.6 KB ID:	252392A10 and me.jpgClick image for larger version  Name:	94220720_2782266828475306_2678323828915961856_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	252387Click image for larger version  Name:	92860923_2756489144386408_4243804490223845376_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	252388Click image for larger version  Name:	94504798_2776575252377797_4508796413244604416_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	252389
                  BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Looking for info on the main strut upgrade version. What is the length from top of strut to the axle??

Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-80mm-edf-a-10-shock-absorbing-landing-gear-strut-and-tire-left.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	252633
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I show no posts since 5/2/2020, is this true?

Comment

• Looks like that to me.

Comment

• can anybody post a picture of wear they mounted there gyro in the a 10 thx

Comment

• Cut a hole in the bottom at the location of the vent. There is a shelf close to the cg to mount the gyro. I have 2 gyros at this location used as a pwm to s.bus converter

Comment

• do I have to put it as close to cg or can I mount in nose of plane

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stflightdave View Post
                                do I have to put it as close to cg or can I mount in nose of plane
                                The distance from the CG will determine the effectiveness of the gyro on each axis. Right on the CG is ideal but that's not always possible. Eg, if you put the gyro in the nose, then the gyro response to the yaw axis will be dampened but will still work. Same goes for the pitch axis. The roll axis won't be affected so much because even in the nose, it's still very close to the longitudinal (roll) axis if it's placed along the centerline of the plane. IMO, the roll axis is the one that is most affected by winds. Next comes pitch. Yaw is the least.
                                PS, this A-10 is heavy enough and big enough that it won't benefit tremendously from a gyro anyway.

Comment

• what I was looking for is the gyro helping me on my landing approach thx for the response xviper

Comment

what I was looking for is the gyro helping me on my landing approach thx for the response xviper
                                    Why do you think a gyro will help you landing approach?

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• According to what I have read about is you can use the gyro for a safe mode and calibrate it in a nose up attitude so the main gear hits first on landings that way all you have to worry about during landings is throttle management.

Comment

According to what I have read about is you can use the gyro for a safe mode and calibrate it in a nose up attitude so the main gear hits first on landings that way all you have to worry about during landings is throttle management.
                                        Can you say what these gyros are? You may want to re-read that information carefully. "Safe" mode is something that is mainly proprietary to Spektrum receivers and what it does is level the plane if you take your hands off the sticks. It will limit bank and pitch angles when you do use the sticks. I've never heard of anyone mounting a Spektrum "safe select" RX in such a way as to make it think it should fly normally in a nose high attitude.
                                        Another similar device that uses something like the bank/pitch limiters are some of the devices that use GPS to do "geofencing", autolanding (Spektrum) and to bring the plane home (eg. the now discontinued Turnigy T1000FC or Bigaole or mini Arkbird). In those cases, the sticks don't work at all when you initiate return home or autoland. Along these lines are the devices with "recovery mode" (eg. Admiral RXs and Lemon gyro RXs). Again, when you activate "recovery", the sticks don't work. Then there was (and may still be) the HobbyEagle gyros where you could train the device to think that "vertical" is at whatever angle you want it to be. I've used that mode in the past, but it was so unreliable that I stopped. Sometimes using the sticks on the other axis gave it a brain fart and the plane went nuts. There are more expensive units like Eagletree (that I've never tried) that may do what you want, but the cost of those may equal more than a 1/3 of what the plane costs.
                                        With the exception of the Spektrum "auto-land" (which may not be available in a stand alone, programmable unit), landing is a learned skill and with this plane, trying different main gear struts may help. Learning the technique on a smaller, cheaper jet might also be a better way to go.

Comment

According to what I have read about is you can use the gyro for a safe mode and calibrate it in a nose up attitude so the main gear hits first on landings that way all you have to worry about during landings is throttle management.
                                          Honestly I don't think that will work but what do I know. Gyros are not a fix it for bad landing approaches. Go out and fly nothing but touch and goes. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick. there's really nothing about the A-10 that's hard to learn.

Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X