X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo,
    The whistles are on Thingivers, please can anyone tell me the link i find nothing. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by schisi View Post
      Hallo,
      The whistles are on Thingivers, please can anyone tell me the link i find nothing. Thank you
      That's very odd, it looks like 95% of the Freewing items on Thingiverse aren't there anymore. Maybe the owners moved it? Dirty Dee, where is your stuff?

Here are the STL files for the whistle. I also have the separate parts here, its easier to print this way and then glue the parts together. You can make the body different lengths to vary the sound.
      Attached Files
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• schisi , Go to Thingiverse and simply type in "Freewing" in the Search Bar. All the usual items for A10, F4, etc are there, I just did it. If you type in "EDF Whistle", that file comes up but not under the Freewing search. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• schisi, Oh and by the way, "Welcome to Hobby Squawk". Lots of great people and good advice to be found. Glad you're here. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ive gotten "low bounce" tires (dave browns) to develop flat spots on my 70mm foamies, you might just have to rotate the tires while in storage, or find a way to store the plane not on the ground.

Comment

• Thank you, Perfect,
              this is a very, very good community
              now we are waiting to the end of Corona, we cannot fly anywhere

best regards from Austria
              Siegi

Comment

• My pal Michel Troy's FW A-10 in-flight this AM:

Comment

• Always love your shots buddy!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I bought some of those "strobon led lights for the wing tip. On a 6.6v battery they worked fantastic. Bright, and flashed several ways. Programmable. I cut out the light on my wing tip and installed one of the new ones. It didn't work worth a flip!! Thought I did something wrong when installing it. Took the light off and checked the voltage at the wingtip. 5 volts. hooked up the same strobon to the 6.6v battery and it worked fine. So... I think I'll use a stronger battery. I find this 2s Lipo that has a black RX plug on it, and it says RX right on the battery. I plug it in, the lights work great, all of the control surfaces work great, then I switch the landing gear. POOF! both main gears burn out!! After a call to Motion, I find out that the FW A-10 system is 5 volts. So I have given up on these lights. I ordered two new main gear motor units. "Learning it the hard way"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                      Modeling done, and now to do some test prints! :Cool:

For anyone without a printer that would like to order some of the ordinance I have released, check out my blog post for pricing and more information:
                      https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ng-Services%29
                      can you make ordinance for the 90mm motion rc f18 hornet if not is there anyone who can

Comment

• Jon always knows how to get them good angles! 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by coydog73 View Post

can you make ordinance for the 90mm motion rc f18 hornet if not is there anyone who can
                          how can I get in touch with you about making some ordinance for my plane can you email me at sampselchris@yahoo.com

Comment

• On Fox news today, they said Phoenix Arizona A.F. is retiring 42 A-10 Thunderbolts.

Comment

• They're based in Tucson (Davis-Monthan AFB), and yes... sadly they're planning to phase them out.

This has been in the works for quite a while and actually flip-flopped in the decision a few times. They seem pretty serious this time around though.

Comment

• 42 of them? How much to buy one?
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Yeah, surely we all could pool our money for a surplus one? Take THAT FAA!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well, at least they're saving money by not having to fly them to the boneyard.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Fear not. There will still be 235+ of these beautiful birds bringing all manner of hate and destruction to the bad guys for some time. The 44 being retired has been planned for a while as part of the total re-wing program. The remaining Hogs will all have Lt. Dan "magic legs" (wings) courtesy of Boeing. I'm with you guys tho on the surplus. How cool would it be to watch TV sitting in an ACES-II seat from a Hog? I mean, if I gotta be stuck in my house, I might as well do it in style.

Maybe I can get some parts off this guy: https://www.airforcemag.com/moody-a-...ls-up-landing/

Well, except for the seat cushion. That might have some stuff on it after that landing.

Cheers,
                                      Dan

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_54676.jpg Views:	7 Size:	235.6 KB ID:	248301

After working on this plane for several months, adding scale detailing such as rivets, weathering, scale exhaust nozzles (thanks Dirty Dee!), Nerf whistles, etc., and then not having good weather on days that I could fly, I finally got to put the first flight on it the 29th!
                                        What a fantastic plane!! I only got to fly it once before the winds picked up, but I don't recall a first flight on a plane I've ever had going so smoothly. Uneventful takeoff, no trim at all needed on any axis, beautiful landing approach an a sweet nose high landing. With all of the detailing I did to it and adding brakes (almost 13 oz for them) it came in just shy of 15 lb,, but it does not fly like an almost 15 lb. plane. Extremely pleased with this plane and looking forward to many more flights on it. Here is some decent quality video of the first takeoff.

First takeoff of my new A-10 Warthog!!! Fantastic airplane. First flight was a complete success. No issues at all despite the complexity of the plane with ...

Comment

• Originally posted by rc_heli_flier View Post
                                          Click image for larger version Name:	image_54676.jpg Views:	7 Size:	235.6 KB ID:	248301

After working on this plane for several months, adding scale detailing such as rivets, weathering, scale exhaust nozzles (thanks Dirty Dee!), Nerf whistles, etc., and then not having good weather on days that I could fly, I finally got to put the first flight on it the 29th!
                                          What a fantastic plane!! I only got to fly it once before the winds picked up, but I don't recall a first flight on a plane I've ever had going so smoothly. Uneventful takeoff, no trim at all needed on any axis, beautiful landing approach an a sweet nose high landing. With all of the detailing I did to it and adding brakes (almost 13 oz for them) it came in just shy of 15 lb,, but it does not fly like an almost 15 lb. plane. Extremely pleased with this plane and looking forward to many more flights on it. Here is some decent quality video of the first takeoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDH-syejGkY
                                          Yep, best foam EDF jet ever produced in my book, your looks awesome by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X