Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well.....Pretty much finished. Looks pretty good.
    Gonna do some CG work....and then hopefully maiden in the next few weeks...

Comment

• SG99, That just looks great. Really like the personalization and ordinance detail. :Win: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Stilgar99 View Post
        Question for folks......How are folks mounting their GOPRO to the wings? I assume someone has 3d printed a mount that goes on the weapon attach points....
        Anyone know where they are available?

Stilgar
        Here's how I've mounted my camera.

i was thinking about getting a run cam 2 for my jets. I was just curious how everyone is mounting them ? I don’t want to cut holes in my jets is the Velcro
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Hi,
          Anyone have or not using the Warthog decals? Looking for the nose art.
          Thanks

Comment

• Paul,

I have a set I can send you.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Stilgar99 View Post
              Well.....Pretty much finished. Looks pretty good.
              Gonna do some CG work....and then hopefully maiden in the next few weeks...
              Don't know if you intended it, but the nose gear looks as if it is installed backwards. Just a heads up if it was not intended. Great job on the personalization, though. Wish I had the skill to do some of the awesome paint schemes I see on this forum from all the hobbyist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                Hi,
                Anyone have or not using the Warthog decals? Looking for the nose art.
                Thanks
                I may still have mine. I will check in the AM and let you know if you don't get any other replies.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Paul,

I have a set I can send you.
                  Thanks Pat!

Comment

• Stamped and ready to go, will be in the mail tomorrow.
                    Pat

Comment

• When I showed my update on the rivets and painting to you in November I said that I'm not sure if I follow the right path in terms of looking scale. Well, it seems I was right, it doesn't look scale at all, but I still like it. Meanwhile my A-10 looks like a well used spaceship. Now I can't wait to put il all together.
                      Andy

Comment

• I really like it brother! Weathering and finishing is a slippery pig! At some point we need to stop working on it. LOL... We need to over state some things to get them to pop as the model is not full scale. I am fascinated developing new finishing techniques! I went the other way on mine.... and its not enough. but alas was my 1st take at pre shading... was thinking of trying " Black Basing" Any hoo! Wonderful Job!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• You are right. At some point we have to stop. But I just saw by looking at the fotos that some rivets are missing on the cockpit piece. Guess this never stops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                            Meanwhile my A-10 looks like a well-used spaceship. Andy
                            Andy, I think it looks great; a very well-traveled A-10! I have been weathering my 1600mm Spitfire and it is a trip"down the rabbit hole" as you now know. You have done an exceptional job. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

When I showed my update on the rivets and painting to you in November I said that I'm not sure if I follow the right path in terms of looking scale. Well, it seems I was right, it doesn't look scale at all, but I still like it. Meanwhile my A-10 looks like a well used spaceship. Now I can't wait to put il all together.
                              Andy
                              Yeah, kind of reminds me of Luke's X wing fighter in Star Wars after Yoda raised it back out of the swamp. Nice work.:Cool:

Comment

When I showed my update on the rivets and painting to you in November I said that I'm not sure if I follow the right path in terms of looking scale. Well, it seems I was right, it doesn't look scale at all, but I still like it. Meanwhile my A-10 looks like a well used spaceship. Now I can't wait to put il all together.
                                Andy
                                Use a Matte clear coat not a gloss clear coat next time . It will give you the finish you want.
                                BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Agreed with t33jetman, use a Matte finish. You can still do that too. I use Testors Dullcote, but Krylon Matte Finish works good too. Just mask the canopy and LG and spray it on, should only take about 10 minutes.
                                  Pat

Comment

• I concur Most modern fighters are Matte ..... Gloss finishes are great when applying washes... but then dull- coat over !
                                    Exceptions.... the Angels and the Thunderbirds!
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Not yet on her own feet, but worth taking a nice picture. One is done with the handy, the other with a digital cam. See how much the appearance is changing. I have to check it in sunlight now and as you said, I will apply a matte coat, also to protect the decals.

Comment

• That is an Epic model! Nice work.

Comment

• Very cool!!!! Love it!! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X